THE ROYAL SUCCESSION OF BALIAN (Updated)

ErikAzog

19 hours ago, ErikAzog said:

* The children of His Royal Highness, Constantine Antonious, are excluded from the succession due to their standing as heirs to the Archduchy of the Petra.

"Firstly of all, Petra is a Kingdom, and Balian is the size of an Archduchy..." Renilde said over her daily tea with her son, Prince Paul. "Second, absolutely none of Constanz' spawn hold titles or status with the Petra, save for my darling Albert who was offered titleage within his motherland, but declined for... well, you know, Paulie."

Renilde held her pinky high as she sipped the earl gray tea she enjoyed so much. "Even Arnaud has no titles in the Petra, even though he says he's a prince within our realm for some reason while being Cardinal Albarosa within the Church of Canon - a position he frequently abuses, might I add, darling." Renilde was suddenly reminded of all the times that her son had used his own position within the church to suppress the upward rise of the Commonwealth, and undermine his own mother's authority due to his own, personal, childish inability to move forward in life.

21 hours ago, Chorale__ said:

”Your Royal Majesty,

My name is Paul, I am the Prince of Valfleur and of the Petra in the Commonwealth. The third son of Renilde I, and the only son of hers who is listed legally as an heir to the Realm other than the Prince Marcus who does hold seniority to even myself as the brother of my niece, the Pious Queen Catherine. This claim that any of the children of Constanz of Balian, even though we hold them all dearly, are titled within our Realm, is simply untrue.”

A letter would be written in response.  

"To the Prince of Valfleur,

Saluto to you, my distant cousin. In response to your letter. This matter was settled back when the Princes Constanz was the consort to the then Archduchess of Petra. Back before the civil war this matter was codified in our succession due to at the time they stood as legitimate heirs. The matter of the Petran Civil War caught many of us in Balian, by surprise. We did not expecting any sort of civil conflict to come from the marriage. But regardless of what happened, this has remained since the time of Alexander I of Balian. So a correction is all that's needed. After all, any title not recognized by its respective Crown is false." 

The King would then pen onto the document, former, in between the lines above where it was appropriate in the line, then also adding above Frederick of Sedan, recalling he wasn't in Petra as well.

Edited by ErikAzog