ANCIENT KAGGATH: Victory in the Paradox

Minuvas

Faeryel looks up groggily from her desk as the voice booms, having fallen asleep planning the parade through Paradox. 

“…All that work. Down the drain.” 

She then sits up, looking out the front window. “Not that I’m not happy about the outcome, mind you!”

Conor grumbles, wishing only that the battle hadn't happened so late at night for his skygod so he may have taken part.

Aelros overhears the booming of voice through the streets of the magic city on one of his walks; curiously the elf listens in while also looking for the source of the speech, "Lanre has...?" A snicker broke from from his maw, erupting into roaring laughter. "All of their forces and yet he still wasn't felled? I'd see that as more embarassing if anything..." His raging laughter continued before vanishing from the streets, leaving a violet flash of light in his place.

Xavier Adiler received the news on what conspired within Hohkmat, raising his brows in surprise at hearing the name that has caused so much trouble "Hm, so- does this mean the Adilers are no longer the lesser members of the family? Seems like the Cerusils are actually the ones who practice what my talonnii has been accused of doing for decades!" The Viscount of Celia'sul laughs at the thought "How hypocritical, I do hope the whole of the Cerusil Talonnii has not taken the same route"

"I knew that lanre was a no good darkspawn lover. Time to celebrate his defeat, and begin the hunt" a certain wood elf said as he read the missive, intent on congratulating fatebinder.

Yrmshik "Daemonslayer" Sul reads the missive in his forge with a smile "Seyms loike Adiler es not teh onleh impure anehmore" he says, keeping up the horrible joke

Lord Wilford Reinhold chuckles quietly as he leans back in his seat inside the Chamber of Earth. “Abou’ bloody time tha’ dangerous bastard go’ kicked in th’ teeth.”

In the wake of the events of that day, from Lanre Cerusil there was a silence. There were no missives nor declarations put out, no hasty denials of the claims leveraged against him - no, there was only a silence, and a resounding one. He had not returned, the city finally escaped from his grasp - perhaps, after all this time, those mages had won, they were finally free. . .

. . .

. . .

Spoiler

EynL9GP8yT-s_NkqVYzxz7Bfyy6PdzgAUMcKtLIPx9QCdkMl5Qoyw5WDHxL2xekK_ge9nS-73rvJGBR-zjSZeoz1KgH4Pk4kNLDxucK2lUcDQLtjXvmxxOE1DG5ZwXGnBJOAKNCjZivXNRCxf4AGmLs

Atticus Reinhold feels a weight off his shoulders as he sorts the missive away, filed neatly in the Chamber of Earth's extensive backroom. "When Artel and I spoke on the matter, I told him- It was something along the lines of hoping good sense, and good intention would prevail. And yet, I doubted the magi would ever actually come together to stop him." He pauses, with a small smile as he pushes the drawer shut. "It feels rather good to be proven wrong."

Anthony read upon the missive after being handed it from Siru. "I pray that everyone realizes that there is always going to be a Lanre. He's just gonna be replaced by somebody equally manipulative." He sighed, knowing damn well what was to come next. . .

"This sounds like idiotic Hokhmati propaganda." A certain former teacher of Lanre's, Raziel barked out as his voice echoed through deep tunnels. Soon his voice was echoing with laughter, upon receiving the news that one of those magi described and grand by the Hokhmati magi was bested by a singular child. "Maybe you are not just idiotic, but also as weak as Lanre says. Who can truly tell? I can not."

The elf paused, "Yet I can tell you one thing, the source of Lanre's power: Thinking."

Artel sits in his office drumming his steel fingers on the desk "damn, ich wanted to drive him out" he mutters as he reads over a letter, a weight lifted from his shoulders, he nods "ich should speak to Atticus once ich finish all this paperwork" he groans as he looks over the never ending work piled infront of him @Hom