"Wow! There is a lot of news about this war thing. I like all the cool signature signatures people have, maybe I should learn how to make one myself!" Mahina Kame'eleihiwa murmurs to herself excitely, rubbing her hands, "I guess it is a great deal then. And I have a brother at Veletz? I should pay him a visit with Leihana someday..." @Malinor

On 12/3/2023 at 11:14 PM, Harald said:

Within the Balian palace a cry could be heard from a little child once Sibyl and Ezren returned home, small arms reaching out and up in the air from the heir's crib.  @HIGH_FIRE @SapphirePool

Ezren removed his dust covered helm as he came into the palace, running a hand across Xander's forehead to brush the baby's wispy locks from his eyes. 

The Dragonslayer stood ready by Cannon 1 on that fateful day. "Oh, a feather. Look Farian, a feather, it's good luck!" They declared when the call to fire the first volley was given. Immediately cannon one would fire, quickly followed by ten more. A cloud of smoke replaced the forest that had been there moments ago. The shooting stars of a further ten trebuchets streaked across the sky to fall like so many meteors on the enemy keep. All through the day the sky was darkened by trebuchets, and all through the night the sky would be lit by the reflections of cannon shot on the smoke and the clouds.

And it continued. The smoke would clear, the artillery would reload, and another volley of fire descended upon the hill where the keep once stood, now little more than a pile of rubble. On and on this would continue until no more Ferrymen or fort could be seen.

Then came the real battle. The ammunition had been exhausted, the siege engines all scuttled, the infantry stretched their legs. For the first time in what felt like months there was silence. Just as the keep, this silence too was soon broken. Not by cannon, but by battle cry. Like a wave the infantry and artillerists all would surge across the land towards the crater.

The Ferrymen poked their heads out at the shouting in sparse pockets, and one by one the pockets were cut down by the mighty wave. The Breakwater was broken, its defenders with it. Breakwater failed to live up to its name.

At some point in the melee Io would chase ten Ferrymen into a rout before laying down to take a nap. When Io awoke they found all of their equipment was gone, but Io had seemingly been carried back to the siege fort. So Io did what any sensible Norlander would do, they charged empty-handed back towards the dying screams of battle without a second thought, but with a few words: "IRON FROM ICE!"

Just as their grandfather had before, Io sieged Stone Tower and won. Two more to break the record. On to Brasca.