[✗] Fjarriagua Rewrite [CA]

Diogen

Squakisthis.png

50 minutes ago, Diogen said:

Frost Mending - [Combat/Non-Combat] [2] - [T2]

More often than not, the Fjarriagua will find themselves in situations requiring medical assistance. By conjuring specs of ice and snowflakes over the course of [2] emotes, they may stack them on a wound in order to temporarily cut off blood loss, until they get adequate help to heal themselves. This requires great concentration, finding themselves unable to move nor strike during its channeling.

During the channeling of it, their movement is halved.

the redline of this ability says it can only be used on their own kind/variants of their kind. I think this could be made a lot better if it could be used on non FWs as well, with the drawback that it causes some sort of frostbite or unique magical effect. your wound has been mended, except [unique, interesting downside]. for example in the current naz lore, we're able to restore severed limbs/body parts, except they always appear demonic and hideously warped and can never look mundane/normal again, so that's the kind of balancing I think would benefit this ability the most. the way it's written right now makes it purely self-serving and doesn't incentivize interaction with non FWs which I think is a bit unhealthy for an ability, especially for a dark CA

It is sad that almost every single 'dark magic' I see on this server has a no consequence form of disguise that completely negates all of the drastic effects and tolls it takes on a frost witches body, for example a simple disguise should not be able to hide its freezing temperature

6 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

So that's the kind of balancing I think would benefit this ability the most. the way it's written right now makes it purely self-serving and doesn't incentivize interaction with non FWs which I think is a bit unhealthy for an ability, especially for a dark CA

I honestly, I absolutely agree with this!
In a magic like the Fjarriagua's that has a rather deeply ingrained sense of teamwork between members of a coven, more 'support' based abilities that can be used to help allies, Frost Witch or not, would be nothing BUT a plus!

9 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

the redline of this ability says it can only be used on their own kind/variants of their kind. I think this could be made a lot better if it could be used on non FWs as well, with the drawback that it causes some sort of frostbite or unique magical effect. your wound has been mended, except [unique, interesting downside]. for example in the current naz lore, we're able to restore severed limbs/body parts, except they always appear demonic and hideously warped and can never look mundane/normal again, so that's the kind of balancing I think would benefit this ability the most. the way it's written right now makes it purely self-serving and doesn't incentivize interaction with non FWs which I think is a bit unhealthy for an ability, especially for a dark CA

thanks, thats a good idea actually. just implemented it, you can refresh

5 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

It is sad that almost every single 'dark magic' I see on this server has a no consequence form of disguise that completely negates all of the drastic effects and tolls it takes on a frost witches body, for example a simple disguise should not be able to hide its freezing temperature

hard to balance tells between being completely obvious and ruining the RP for the witch (someone randomly brushing hand against hers and concluding it's a fw) or being completely indiscernible, but i'm happy with where it's at rn, theres many ways of finding out about a witch, just not completely obvious nor cancer for both parties

6 minutes ago, Diogen said:

thanks, thats a good idea actually. just implemented it, you can refresh

hard to balance tells between being completely obvious and ruining the RP for the witch (someone randomly brushing hand against hers and concluding it's a fw) or being completely indiscernible, but i'm happy with where it's at rn, theres many ways of finding out about a witch, just not completely obvious nor cancer for both parties

But this is similiar to vampires trying to remove their tell because people figured it out through rp, it appears like there are no tells at all in the lore written. Much like the vampires tried, in this lore frost witches can disguise their own blood to appear normal which doesn't entirely make sense. Their blood is turned to slush due to their very nature, it doesn't really make sense for them to be able to change their blood type on a whim simply so they don't get caught.

There doesn't seem to be any drawbacks to taking on a disguise too, a disguise shouldn't be a cop out for real interactions and infiltration which is what it is mostly used for

Edited by ReveredOwl

3 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

But this is similiar to vampires trying to remove their tell because people figured it out through rp, it appears like there are no tells at all in the lore written. Much like the vampires tried, in this lore frost witches can disguise their own blood to appear normal which doesn't entirely make sense. Their blood is turned to slush due to their very nature, it doesn't really make sense for them to be able to change their blood type on a whim simply so they don't get caught.

There doesn't seem to be any drawbacks to taking on a disguise too, a disguise shouldn't be a cop out for real interactions and infiltration which is what it is mostly used for

current lore hides their temp and their blood doesnt look odd unless its a deep cut (actually getting stabbed), not much of a change from rewrite
there are more tells in the rewrite than current lore

5 minutes ago, Diogen said:

current lore hides their temp and their blood doesnt look odd unless its a deep cut (actually getting stabbed), not much of a change from rewrite
there are more tells in the rewrite than current lore

I would disagree as all of the tells they would have are able to be hidden with disguises, though something that I feel should be clarified on what the nature of a disguise is, I've personally experienced a frost witch being chased whilst in their disguise, they went behind a door and quickly change into another disguise. How many different disguises can a frost witch take on, is it indefinite? 

18 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

I would disagree as all of the tells they would have are able to be hidden with disguises, though something that I feel should be clarified on what the nature of a disguise is, I've personally experienced a frost witch being chased whilst in their disguise, they went behind a door and quickly change into another disguise. How many different disguises can a frost witch take on, is it indefinite? 

im unsure if you're asking if the rewrite itself allows changing of disguises in RP or if you're asking if current lore allows that so im gonna answer both

in current lore write if you perform 2 emotes you can switch to any disguise, no maximum amount of disguises, but a limit of how many times you can switch per hour

rewrite my goal initially for it is that while you CAN carry more than 1 disguise item on you, you can't change to another disguise mid-rp only inbetween rp, can only go in and out of that same disguise, to allow harsher punishment on a witch that gets caught, but that may be up to change depending on whether i'm satisfied with that and if i end up deciding on a better system

my main issue with super obvious tells like 'their body is always cold' is that anyone can just touch a witch or even perform temperature checks on the gates, and suddenly the witch can't RP anywhere, which also increases the counts of metagaming of people attempting 'accidental' touches on shoulder or hand or trying to be subtle about it
 believe there should be proper RP for finding out a creature that is disguising, especially for a CA that is so heavily revolved around pretending to be a descendant for the most part

33 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

from what I read the disguise mechanics the FWs wrote here actually require player-to-player interaction in order to craft, which is already a step up from many other CAs on the server, some of which don't even have a disguise limit or requirements and can simply just "do it" with 0 cost. in this lore it seems like you need to actually interact with players in order to reap the benefits of a disguise, making it a high risk = high reward ability. it's one of the few ways to incentivize darkspawn interactions with the average player without invoking shitty kill-quota mechanics. the best part is you don't even need to kill a guy, you just gotta take some blood or cut off a finger

on top of that, it says you need keep these body parts in your inventory in order for the disguise to remain active. if you're /invsearched in a nation's gatehouse (not uncommon) while trying to get inside and are caught carrying bones, teeth, skin, nails, and blood, you'd have to think of something pretty damn clever on the spot to talk your way out of that if you're lucky, otherwise you're kinda screwed. on top of that they can't harvest these things from other FWs. it's not perfect and could use some tweaking but it's pretty creative and balanced for the most part imo

maybe i will make my grand return to frost witchery

please please please please 

hey im java17 and i really like this lore, you should accept it!

19 hours ago, ReveredOwl said:

There's probably a conversation that can be had over every gatehouse having a unlimited supply of salt and aurum weapons that never cause a infection, or the "random" darkspawn testings that occur. I like the idea that a disguise isn't just broken or see through by means of bare testing RP, nevermind the work that has to go into making a actual disguise