Experiments on my Project (part 2)

Pages are torn and scattered together, full of unintelligible scribbles and unfinished phrases 

Notes on Project

Date: Unknown

I FINALLY DID IT! Well, sort of...

At first I tried following Silth's advice, and went looking for an evil ghost to slay, but unfortulatley i'm not a strong enough lutamancer and not experienced enough to try. I travelled looking for an alchemist that could have sold one, but with no avail...

So I went fishing.

Sorry readers, I'm so exausted I forgot to explain myself: for my project I need a way to see through objects, and my current method does not produce a clear enough image of the separated layers, so i asked for some guidance and Silth suggested to use ectoplams, i guess because ghost are pretty much see-through, so by using it I would have also made my target object see-through.

My few years of fishing now brought me to discover various different fishes, crustaceans and other sea critters that share a similar see-through ability, that can make them camouflage in plain sight in the deep sea. I considered using land animals, but frogs (glass frogs to be exact) are only amphibian and cannot stay underwater for very long, and obviously butterflies (the glasswing butterfly type) cannot survive in water.

So, as I was writing, I went fishing, and tried to use a lot of different species, including but not limited to jellifishes (those stingy sea moppers..), glass squids, baby octopuses, cleaner shrimps. But in the end, there was one creature to do the job: the barreleye fish, the only one that surprisingly had a reaction to the separation of layers. it turn out his eyes are the key, as they are "inside" their head, like a closed transparent helmet, and when the immobilised fish eyes met the ray of light, it scattered through the prism, and projected sort-of-clear images. they are a little wobbly as if they are underwater and seen from outside the surface, but otherwise the borders are clean and the image is barely colored (notes on accentuating the color? may be needed for medical application). 

I spent months fishing without stopping and testing the fish, I need to sleep, and a shower, and...[the notes there stop, as the pen trail goes wild on the pages, along with some signs of drooling and sleeping on the page.]