See Me in Steel

Halt

"A duel over honour? Been long since I've seen one of those!" Gottfried lofted his brows in amusement

"I guess I'll take a gander and marvel at the martial prowess." pocketing the missive, he'd call over his son.

"nice" amelya belatedly stated upon seeing the document.

A certain acquaintance of Ruben was pleased by his title, or rather she would be, were she able to read. Alas, the lone Maudlin Baruch continued on, unaware of the goings on as she perused the country side, once again lost to the unknown paths.

The Baron de Wett reads about Sir Ruben's challenge of his old friend, Mr. Gavaudin, from his exile in a Lurinese coffee-house. 

"What effrontery!" he slithers obesely, turning his attentions to a local piast, "An honorable gentleman like Mr. Gavaudin, challenged by this Harrenite corporal... oh, yes, I know his type... if it hadn't been fifty - no, fifty-five years - since I saw battle, I would volunteer as champion." He knocks back another brandy. 

6 hours ago, Esterlen said:

The Baron de Wett reads about Sir Ruben's challenge of his old friend, Mr. Gavaudin, from his exile in a Lurinese coffee-house. 

"What effrontery!" he slithers obesely, turning his attentions to a local piast, "An honorable gentleman like Mr. Gavaudin, challenged by this Harrenite corporal... oh, yes, I know his type... if it hadn't been fifty - no, fifty-five years - since I saw battle, I would volunteer as champion." He knocks back another brandy. 

An Orcish Sultan would arrive at the Lurinese coffee-house, carried on a palanquin by his many attendants. The Sultan would be decked in many exotic fabrics, his raiment more a collection of long and disaparate lengths of cloth sewn together than any sort of cohesive design. Perhaps a collection of linen tributes from his many subjects. Dismounting from his palanquin he would enter the house of sin.

Wrinkling his nose at the stench of opium and excess as he'd duck through the curtained door the master of the greenskins and the tribes of the desert would note his old friend, the well heeled Baron de Wett languishing on a large cushion in the corner. With great thudding steps he would approach the man of letters, crouching down and helpig himself to some of the arrayed dates and other exotic fruits "Ug" he'd grunt