[✗] [Amendment] Corcitură buff

KKgame1

17 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Tbf I don't really understand the point of the weak spot inclusion nor the criticism of it.

Anyone can aim for the weak spots in someone's armour (i.e) joints, so I hardly see how that's at all abusable, nor how it's a product of any kind of heightened sense. Seems redundantly underpowered rather than OP.

I'm moreso worried about Corcitura suddenly emoting things akin to *uses heightened perception to spot where your armour was struck before, strikes critical weakpoint with great force to splinter through armour*

I think personally, as the FA stands, it's fine. And shouldn't gain any combat benefit due to their lesser nature and non-intensive procedure of creation, they should be flavor.

Their purpose in lore was to be a welcoming sign for aspiring spook players, similar to what ghouls are now. Making them flying acrobats and microscopic eyed super soldiers in combat will have everyone trying to minmax with the feat on their unkillable, hot topic OC. (Nearly every character is eligible to get the FA.)

They do not need to CRP to take the mantle greater vampires left, just do big blood magic rituals.

6 minutes ago, femurlord said:

I think personally, as the FA stands, it's fine. And shouldn't gain any combat benefit due to their lesser nature and non-intensive procedure of creation, they should be flavor.

Their purpose in lore was to be a welcoming sign for aspiring spook players, similar to what ghouls are now. Making them flying acrobats and microscopic eyed super soldiers in combat will have everyone trying to minmax with the feat on their unkillable, hot topic OC. (Nearly every character is eligible to get the FA.)

They do not need to CRP to take the mantle greater vampires left, just do big blood magic rituals.

I don't think it's really accurate to describe a CA that requires feeding as flavour (no pun intended), especially since the vampire niche is probably the most classical fantasy ones (and therefore among the most appealing).

I likewise don't really agree that it should be treated as "baby's first CA" since that again just unjustifiably cheapens the experience. Especially when you note that their role as a basic CA is now largely overlapped by Ghouls, it just further highlights the vacuum left by Siliti and uncertain role of Corc as pests.

Doing big blood magic rituals is, I feel, also a little tone-deaf to the nature of Corc RP. Unlike many other CAs, Corcs are generally not an interconnected magic community by default (especially without Siliti), which is frankly a very nice change of pace from the cliqueness that's often characterised other lore groups in the past. The flexibility of Corc as a way for players to acquire it with (relative) ease and then also be CURED of it if they decide they don't like it is definitely a great model, but we need to think about what comes after neglecting a cure (the answer is vampires who can be more threatening, imo).

I think any reliance on other MA/CA groups to fulfil a function should be widely avoided. 

2 hours ago, satinkira said:

I'm moreso worried about Corcitura suddenly emoting things akin to *uses heightened perception to spot where your armour was struck before, strikes critical weakpoint with great force to splinter through armour*

I understand your worries so I have removed that flavor line, the main purpose of the boon stays the same without it.

On another note, I see that there is some discontent with how easy it is to cure the corcituri, I have noted down your complains and will try to work something up for that in the background, though it will not be included in this amendment since I aim focus on Boon 1 for now.

Edited by KKgame1

is it really worthwhile to work your way backwards on something that was originally meant as a lesser to something that no longer exists? corcitura is meant to exist as a curse, i don't think it should be buffed or awkwardly changed into filling the void that siliti has left.

if you're not aware of what siliti was:

"i write lore to annoy the st :3" isnt a productive attitude and writing a powergame license for vamps isnt gonna help anyone. it will just make crp more aids than it already is when u have ppl pointing to their lore powergame license like "SEE! LOOK! LOOK!" (when as other ppl said its smth u can already do without needing a powergame license, but you would need to be more clever than *uses powergame license).

A lot of people have mentioned how Corc's fit into a ecosystem where Siliti existed - with them gone, would it not be worth properly re-writing corcs to be the vampires of the server, instead of a lesser to something that isn't around? 

The main point I see contested is that Corc's are a infection, and thus as a open FA shouldn't be wildly strong considering just about anyone, anywhere can pick up the FA. To that end - could their not simply be a MA version of Corc that introduces further capabilities, shifting away from the idea of a "infection" to a more true vampire? 

I don't play a corc nor darkspawn, so evidently these suggestions are given with a grain of salt - but Corcs have always felt underwhelming for a Darkspawn, considering they are easily caught and effectively gain nothing except a feeding timer and past a certain point, a inability to lose the Feat. Is any thought ever given to a re-write from the current Corcs or are they happy with the current state of the Feat?

I personally feel the Corcitura feat is a very good introduction to the darker avenues of the server, I would of course love to see it buffed but then it doesn't serve its purpose. Because it is weak, it allows it to be spread to multiple people who never before had access to this type of roleplay. As a feat, it serves its role well, it is an introduction into what is a spook and how you act as one. It is not a method to min-max your build, it is flavor added to an existing character. 

While I could ramble on about how siliti did leave a vaccuum, as a corc player I have noticed people are less inclinded to become a corc due to the lack of siliti, they do not have an end goal and as such, see no reason to become a corc. This speaks to how the two were written, the synergy between them. Players want to be an antagonistic vampire but buffing the corcitura feat, is not the way to go. Corcitura is meant to be weak and its what I love about it, it is impossible to abuse which means I can give it to new players and test how they react, it creates roleplay much better than many of the MA's out there and it opens up so many additional avenues of roleplay. From a mechanical perspective, it is a very well-crafted feat that I have personally enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) even after three years.

21 minutes ago, TheCaptain said:

I personally feel the Corcitura feat is a very good introduction to the darker avenues of the server, I would of course love to see it buffed but then it doesn't serve its purpose. Because it is weak, it allows it to be spread to multiple people who never before had access to this type of roleplay. As a feat, it serves its role well, it is an introduction into what is a spook and how you act as one. It is not a method to min-max your build, it is flavor added to an existing character. 

While I could ramble on about how siliti did leave a vaccuum, as a corc player I have noticed people are less inclinded to become a corc due to the lack of siliti, they do not have an end goal and as such, see no reason to become a corc. This speaks to how the two were written, the synergy between them. Players want to be an antagonistic vampire but buffing the corcitura feat, is not the way to go. Corcitura is meant to be weak and its what I love about it, it is impossible to abuse which means I can give it to new players and test how they react, it creates roleplay much better than many of the MA's out there and it opens up so many additional avenues of roleplay. From a mechanical perspective, it is a very well-crafted feat that I have personally enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) even after three years.

Similar to my reply earlier, I don't think it's accurate at all to describe Corcs as flavour. Between the feeding requirement and the threat of hunters, it fundamentally affects the way you play the character. It's not an accent or a character culture. 

Similarly, an attitude of baby's first dark creature just undermines the character really. Instead of saying "great, now you've had a taste of it go do some other dark creature" it makes a lot more sense to invest in older vampires (with the 3 month cure limit being a natural junction for people to hop off the wagon and take it more seriously) being a flexible option. A system whereby you're encouraged to shelf or sideline your dark character in pursuit of other dark RP seems pretty silly -- while you could seek out some of those opportunities as the Corc character, that also seems like a pointless to hurdle to jump through when you're already a literal vampire.

End of the day I think the ST just need to decide what niche they envision for Corc, since everyone is in relative agreement that they're in a bit of a weird area without the intended Siliti progression. Do they stay a pest, or fulfill a more traditional Vampire niche? Given the flexibility of the curse timer, it seems quite possible to achieve both.

1 hour ago, PrimnyaQuorum said:

Is any thought ever given to a re-write from the current Corcs or are they happy with the current state of the Feat?

i'd wager that anyone who has the knowledge and writing skill, and might've been previously involved in the other and older vampire iterations such as striga and siliti are no longer interested in rewriting anything to do with either. both were CAs that ultimately failed due to their respective playerbases, i wouldn't blame any writer interested in the niche if they were dissuaded by the baggage it has. regardless, siliti was shelved for a plethora of reasons aside from that to my understanding, and i'd argue that bringing corcitura up to the level of it would be nothing more than a reversal of that decision - i really couldn't imagine that anything of the sort will get accepted.

These are quite cool! What if one of them was gained at 16 weeks instead of 12, to add a bit more progression even after the curse is permanent? Just a suggestion. 

What's the deal with the garlic?

16 minutes ago, Shiredom said:

What's the deal with the garlic?

1. in real life, garlic has a very strong smell

2. Vampires having a weakness to garlic have been included in vampire stories for god knows how long, I wanted to at least represent this in a minor way.

Just now, KKgame1 said:

1. in real life, garlic has a very strong smell

2. Vampires having a weakness to garlic have been included in vampire stories for god knows how long, I wanted to at least represent this in a minor way.

Yes, garlic does have a very strong smell, but that is smell, not hearing. Besides, garlic is already repulsive to the weaklings.

If we were basing Corcurita's off of real life Romanian Folklore they likely would have already included the garlic issue, and along with a stake to the heart and silver. The more you base Vampyres in LOTC off of IRL Folklore the less original it gets. 

11 minutes ago, Shiredom said:

Yes, garlic does have a very strong smell, but that is smell, not hearing. Besides, garlic is already repulsive to the weaklings.

I have read over corc lore and cannot find what "weaklings" you talk about. So please send it to me over discord DMs if I missed something.

13 minutes ago, Shiredom said:

If we were basing Corcurita's off of real life Romanian Folklore they likely would have already included the garlic issue, and along with a stake to the heart and silver. The more you base Vampyres in LOTC off of IRL Folklore the less original it gets. 

If I was downright ripping it from the folklore, then I'd be a bit stronger against vampires than causing sensory overload. Though I will write an elaboration on how that affects hearing yes.
Additionally, if you truly cared about originality, you'd obviously have a problem with the siliti clans being pretty obviously inspired by vampire: the masquerade, but that part of the lore worked fine and dandy.

Now, I do not wish to clutter the comments with pointless arguments, if you have any more complains please write them out in one post so I can take them into consideration.