DECLARATION OF REGENCY, 515 E.S.

kaylacita

The Duke of Vidaus regarded the declarative missive with a scowl. The shadows under his eyes had grown some since that King had fallen ill. 'If vy are loyal and a good friend...' He recalled those words with a further grimace. What had he been thinking?

Ioanna attended to the tavern, as always, when news of the regency reached her ears. Having met the Grand Princess, she thought the woman atleast held the manner of one who might need to rule when others could not. She only worried now for the rest of the royal family, who had returned to Valdev in dire straits following what was being called the King's "Great Sickness".

"NUH-UH!" A certain ghoul howled as they learned of the massive. 

Alfred prayed for his friend, and former liege - Aleksandr, same with his heir..

"He's avoiding the flack of aiding me." The Lich discerned, deep within the bowels of the earth, where rock and dirt met.

"Oh, what a dire shame," Poppiya scoffed in reply as her husband read the missive. "Ne much of a loss at all, if either were to pass." @Caedis

6 minutes ago, Lirinya said:

"Oh, what a dire shame," Poppiya scoffed in reply as her husband read the missive. "Ne much of a loss at all, if either were to pass." @Caedis

Anatoliy Godunov merely tossed the missive into the flames. There was a disappointed look in his eye as he watched parchment burn. "Indeed.. Ag va start their reign off with a lie.. Ea miss the days of honesty ag honour.."

His gaze drifted towards his wife, a light smile touching his lips as the cares of the outside world were forgotten. He stepped forward, hands gently taking hers. "We will keep focusing on Verskaya.. Ag raise our children into better men than either of them."

"I wouldn't kick a man when he's down," says Grisha.

"May Godan safeguard both the King and the Grand Prince towards a full recovery." Viktor states doing the Canonist cross before continuing his read.  "Though I must say, this strikes me as rather odd that the Lord Palatine wasn't appointed as Regent, considering the Palatine's customary role as the second-in-command within the Kingdom's leadership hierarchy. Nonetheless, I pray for the swift recovery of both from their inflicted wounds."