[PK] The Final Whale Song

SapphirePool

Silvia's short hair tumbled down her shoulders as she learned of the news, her expression still at first, unsure how to even respond. But then, with a determined grace, she began to gather materials and candles, her hands moving with purpose. She searched specifically for a green candle, the color of hope and renewal. Words tumbled out of her mouth, each one choked out with emotion.

"O Signore, ti preghiamo di accogliere il nostro caro amico Ezren nel tuo regno celeste." Her fingers shuffled through scripture, grasping tan fingers gripping on an old portable painting. It was old, the edges fraying, paint chipped. It was a snapshot of a time when joy and love filled the air. 

"Concedi pace alla sua anima e conforto a coloro che lo piangono. Ricordaci dei bei momenti condivisi insieme e delle lezioni di vita che ci ha insegnato," she whispered, her voice trembling, her thumb brushed over their faces in the photo. Years ago when she remembered when Sybille confessed, she was in love, years when she finally met the person who had captured Sybille heart.

"Che possa riposare in pace nei tuoi bracci amorevoli per l'eternità," Silvia continued, her voice steadying as she spoke the final words of the prayer.

"Amen." And with that, she lit the green candle, its flame flickering. 

Nobody could fathom a child experiencing such profound grief. For Ariadne, this reality hit hard. Just two short years ago, she watched her best friend's coffin being solemnly carried away to the Vuiller Estate. Even more recently, her Aunt Elena passed away just as suddenly. Death seemed to stalk her path relentlessly, and now it claimed another victim in the young Princess Royal of Balian. But this loss didn't register quite the same for Ariadne.

Her Padre? Gone? It seemed inconceivable. He must've vanished into thin air with the azdrazi. Ariadne couldn't accept it. Not so abruptly, not so soon. The news barely registered as she stormed out of the palace, making her way towards the Balian gates. There, she settled herself, knees drawn to her chest, head resting against the cool stone as she gazed out, yearning for her Padre's return.

Hour after hour passed as Ariadne remained rooted to the spot, observing every passerby who entered through the gatehouse. With each hopeful glance, her heart twisted, tears threatening to spill.

It wasn't until much later that Ariadne was gently moved by a royal guard, her exhausted form carried back to her chambers. Behind the barely open door, her cries echoed, a desperate plea for her Padre's return, clinging to a fragile hope that he might appear to comfort his Little Bunny once more.

John recalled, at times, quite despising the man -- at best he was ambitious and at worst, a royal prick. But seeing those beasts beat him to his last, John had lost his mind.

They grew up as brothers, raised by Callista but to different paths. They grew close and distant as years went on.  Different creeds, beliefs, blood; Callista had all but disappeared, erasing what little relation they had left.  And yet ...

As An-Gho and his kin fought tooth and nail against Sibyl's Consort, he found his old fervor returning. Each blow was worst than the last, and after Gwenyth had entered and punched the Queen til' the poor woman fainted, the Baron went feral. Great, feathery wings upon his back and talons upon his gauntlets, he mauled at the gate. Fruitless. He yelled. Fruitless. And as Ezren died, he could do nothing but watch.

For the rest of his life, he'd be marked by his rage and cowardice.

2024-02-12_20.png?ex=65dd3a77&is=65cac57

Although Kareena did not quite know the prince much she prayed for him and his soul. And for the children and wife he had left behind.

The Elder Queen Mother, Andromeda Ester of Ba'as, frowns as she learns of her son-in-law's death in Aaun. She understands what it is like to lose a parent at a young age, so she started writing to her grandchildren. Then her heart aches for her daughter, Queen. "Oh my ven.. i am so sorry." She later wrote to her daughter.

Butterflies of white flames darted past the An-Gho from the dissipating body of Ezren. The frame of the An-Gho bowed before the vanishing remains of the man amidst the burning church. This was the price his kin had named. It was a debt paid in fire and in blood, and in its wake - the screams of a lover. 

"Death." he mouthed the answer to his own question. 

Ezren had proved the weight of the An-Gho's. Few had died with such valiance. There had no been hesitation in the templar, and in his death, Ezren was made great. 

"....Frante..." Ezequiel tugged at the prince's clothing, holding up a drawing he'd made him "Look! i made you frante!"
Ezren, his elder brother chuckled, rubbing the little boy's head "It looks nice, shall we return to balian?" the youth nodded with a smile on his face as he pocketed the drawing.

"....I didn't even get to say goodbye." the boy muttered as he traced the drawing, droplets of water rolling down his face, his eyes looking over at the ocean of balian.

Prince Ezren of tuvia.png

Gregorius Roa entered Balian's basilica for his daily prayer, it was a quiet, normal day after Viviana had left the city by herself to calm down "Wh-" he managed to utter, his face changing from happiness to utter terror 'what happened here' he queried to himself, surely getting no answer 'why would this happen…' he continued, he just managed to stumble into a bench, seeing the mess the basilica had been made, yet not knowing what had happened in there.

It was days after, due to rumors passed down in Balian's tavern that he learnt what had happened- where he had prayed, he quickly ran to the Basilica to pray for Ezren's passing soul, for his family and descendants, he did not know the man, he had only heard others speak ill of him for this and that, but if this had been his death, he was a honorable man.

43 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

after Gwenyth had entered and punched the Queen til' the poor woman fainted,

Spoiler

SYBILLE HIT FIRST AND GWEN FINISHED IT IN ONE SWING FOR THE GOOD OF SYBILLE'S SANITY

"Failed as a son, failed as a father"

There was no day, since that fatidic day, that the Viscount did not wake up with an emptiness, one within his very soul.
There was no day, since that fatidic day, that the Viscount did not go to sleep with sorrow filling his very self.
Once a beacon of joy and light, Sir Ephrem had became a mere ghost of his past self, a whole life dedicated to the Kingdom, for what? Only to receive pain and negatives...
Once a beacon of courage and fervour, Sir Ephrem had not recovered from the death of his dear daughter.
But this time... This time was different...

Not only he had lost his son now, he had lost his brother in arms, he had lost a part of himself, someone who could understand the man in ways not even his wife could. This time he could no longer, dizzy steps brought him to the church of the Arcangel, falling before the altar

"Why him?" The viscount whispered towards the altar, no force carried by those words, not as much as it carried pain at least "Why him and not me, GOD?"

The man's hand travelled to his belt, grabbing his sword that even in those hard times roared with white flames under the touch of the templar. The knight placed it in front of himself, losing sense of time, his weeping continued...

"First you take pater from me..." A closed fist rammed against the floor "Then you take Estella way before her time... And now... My son..." His eyes opened even if so slightly, just enough to see the fire of the sword shining bright "How miserable do i have o be?"

But... All of a sudden, his emotions changed, his soul filled with courage and valor, his muscles tensed as the fire of the Archangel burned inside the man... "Is this a sign? You wish for me to fight, right?" Almost instinctively his hand moved once more, taking a grasp of the flaming sword "Then i will fight! Long have vile creatures roamed these lands freely, long have they taken lives without facing consequences, but today that will come to an end... Today is the day when this all will change" His fist closed tight, getting red from the strength "I've failed you GOD, and in turn you've failed me... But today that shall change" The Templar rose his voice "Get my banner ready, my shield, my bow and the fastest horse we have, the hunt has started!"

"What do you mean?"

The young prince paced back and forth along the palace courtyard, letter from his father's will in hand. Some words he still struggled to read-but the message was clear enough. 

"Nen, nen.."

He shook his head - his pacing finally coming to a halt as he regarded the courier who offered the missive, who stood with their head hung low. "Graza," the 'Little Tiger' muttered in dismissal to the courier, who promptly left the boy to mourn. 

Once sure that he was alone, Elianos sat himself besides the garden pond and dangled his feet within. That letter he read over and over, and he allowed the tears to fall.

"Pater. I am sorry for being such a baby. I will do better- for you- I promise."

Sybille would hold her necklace in her hand tight as she looked around the scene, scorch marks, blood and no body. She didn’t know what to think, she simply bawled, sobbed for the man, the father to her children, her husband. He was gone now.

For days she had all her meetings cancelled, she would simply walk around her Palace, mooching as she seemingly did nothing but take care of her children every now and then. Everything seemed empty to Sybille, everything always seemed to be missing something, missing something. She hardly spoke a word as round every corner she would see his face for just a moment.

Nobody was permitted to speak with her, bar her children and Percy, and the latter only when he absolutely needed to do so. Sobbing would be heard from her room, lamentation and loud regrets. She blamed herself a lot, perhaps if only she had worn her armour, if only she held only her sword and not the dagger and if only he was stronger than she was.

That necklace would ever leave her hand, even as she slept she clutched on to last remnant of her husband’s existence. What was she to do? Upon her fifth day of morning alone and wallowing in her own pity, Sybille would gaze out to the city for the first time in absolute ages. In the distance she saw an island, a distant memory in which she met him, when he pushed her into the pond.

As she thought through her memories she would look to the necklace, beginning once more to cry over her lost husband. She remembered her meeting him, his childhood antics, his awkward phase, his sweet romantic gestures, how good he was as a father. As she finally came to step out of the Palace, she would remember Ezren for who he was, a great and courageous man.

Meanwhile in the seven skies Estella blinks then gasps as she saw her brother "What are tu doing here" walking over she hugs him if he allowed it, if not she just stood there with a confused look "Well may as well join me in watching over our loved ones. Tu can meet your other niece  Anastasiashe died when she was so young hardly anyone got to hold her or even see her except me and.." sighs though suddenly a little girl joins her  "Anyway, welcome hermano"

Emberlynn Kervallen felt confused as she heard the news "He was my tio, but he acted like he didn't like me, said padre had no rizz" she still had no idea what that meant, she just went to sit by the water to stare at her reflection and went silent

Edited by Fawnytheturtle

the viscountess, Callista would hear news of her princely son passing. "mi pequeña ballena.." she spoke softly as she sat in her library in the tuvia keep, sitting with in herself as she rested her head against the books. she lost almost all her siblings, her parents, her daughter and now her son. "how many more will tu take from me, mi pequeña ballena did not need to end like this.." she murmured as she tucked her knees to her chest. the hyspian viscountess would lock herself within the keep for the days to come. . .