A cry for justice

On the 11th of this Malin's Welcome, in the year 169 S.A. I, Apollyon Snowell, was viciously assaulted by two indivuduals in Dunwen's tavern. Below is my account of the events:

Today, after completing the village expansion and housing project for Honorary Halflings, I entered the tavern upon hearing a commotion. Recognizing the voice of Nemae, an honorary halfling and mali'ame, I approached her with the intention of offering her one of my newly built homes.

However, I was met with unwarranted hostility from both Nemae and ger grandfather. You might know him as 'Uncle'. Initially, I overlooked this hostility, attributing it to Uncle and the musin named Copper having sustained injuries. When I inquired about the situation, Nemae responded with the same hostility, hurling insults at me.

Attempting to defuse the situation, I urged Nemae to put aside past grievances and tell me what had occurred, expressing genuine concern. Despite my efforts, Nemae remained hostile, threatening violence. Ignoring her threats, I recounted a previous incident involving Uncle's inappropriate behavior towards me.

This escalation led to Nemae physically attacking me, prompting me to defend myself. As I retreated upstairs, I encountered a goggled goblin brandishing a knife, persumably associated with Nemae, and a young halfling girl hurling racial slurs.

In the ensuing struggle as I tried to escape, I sustained injuries to my lower back and a stab-wound to my leg, despite my attempts to repel my assailants. Fortunately, King Patches and Moth intervened, Moth providing crucial medical assistance to my leg.

I am grateful to Moth for their timely aid, which likely saved my life. However, I document these events to ensure clarity, especially when reported to King Cyris, Thain Mimosa and Sheriff Breasal and I refuse to tolerate further threats to my honorary status like I did the last time commotion like this occurred including Uncle and I.

As the elder-appointed mayor of the Honorary Halfling village (which I have named Bestiesville), I request Nemae's honorary status be revoked and the goblin assailant be banished or disarmed. Despite the lack of a formal lawbook, I implore the authorities of our village to uphold justice and ensure the safety of all residents, including myself.

Cal H.D Fiddleberry II reads the missive while sitting in a cozy armchair in front of the fireplace in a burrow that he does not actually live in. He hums to himself, and corrects all of the spelling errors with a red-inked quill.

"Aye, as oi wus dyin' on a chair yew 'ppeared ou' o' nowhere an' accosted meh do'tah. An' t'ere's a reason oi moved ou' o' t'e Peregrin burrow - i'ss 'cus oi dun' feel safe wi' yew 'angin' 'roun' t'e shoire loike a banshee."

"Suw koindleh, give up yer own 'onourarehship since yew clearleh en' in t'e bidniss o' prote'tin' t'e wee. Yer'd rat'ah bera'e us as weh doie."

"An' all t'at besoides, oi t'ink oi'm well wit'in moi roights ter respon' wit' 'ostili'eh tew a biggun wah's physicalleh domina'ed meh."

Suffice it to say Uncle isn't happy with this account of events.

Griff Peregrins muses over the missive as he enjoys a nice slice of Fiddleberry Cheddar on a cracker. In his typical fashion, he reads every word over several times before setting it down, saying to himself, "Ah, how convenient. The azdrazi-lover frames the goblins and the helpless old man... typical biggun. I'll make my voice heard on this. Justice must be upheld."

Jo encounters the article somehow, her brows furrowing as she scans the page. "Ah, I know ah use fer this," she nods and shuffles out of her burrow and towards the village outhouse, paper in hand. 

In reply to this a note is pinned on the village board

along with Apollyon's, Uncle's and Nemea's residence

"The following residents are hereby summoned by the Sheriff

in order to resolve this issue: Apollyon Snowell, Moth & Copper the Musin,

King Patches of Babblebrook, Nemea and Uncle.

You will be interviewed in order to record the incident.

You have the right to remain silent and hire a lawyer when court begins.

-Breasal Nimblefoot, current Sheriff of Dunwen."

(OOC: Message me in dms when we can meet, along with what days & time you'll be available for court)

King Patches of Babblebrook rubbed his eyes and sighed as he read the message.

"I did state I didn't want any violence in the shire and to cease the petty squabbling... Both sides didn't stop and it escalated... I'm glad injuries were tended too but as my mother used to say... don't throw stones in glass houses."

The King of the Musin took a sip of his honeyed tea and crossed his leg upon his throne.

"If the hostility on both sides stopped when I requested it to, then I'm sure no injuries would have been sustained. I'm not angry at those present... just disappointed that the peaceful land of the Shire is so beset by danger and violence."

"Oorgh.. Court. If I just skip it, is that illegal..?" Moth wondered aloud. "Maybe I can send Psuedo-Moth.." They laughed at the idea. "Ah well. Best to just interview and get it over with."

A copy of the missive found its way inside the Babblebrook clinic where a certain Musin laid curled within a bed. A trash can clung close to the bedside, only an arm reach away. Copper groans, lifting the paper above from her face. "I wasn't injured.." She grumbles, words barely escaping as whispers. "I just di-.." Her words cut off as the sickness wells in her throat. She scrambles to grab the trash can, where she would remain coughing out her stomach.

"Right, seems like some people need to be hurt." Narithen scowls at the proclaimation.

Spuds found himself happy he left before any of this happened as he folded up his copy of the news into a paper boat and set it off on the lake by the huge lily pad as he shouted at the frog gathering spot “TOADS ARE BETTER!”

Somewhere in the halfling forest, a young woman held a flickering candle as it cast its light upon a worn parchment. Her brow drew together as she reread the first line. "What a venomous lie... That person tried to drown uncle in a vat of ale... As if she dared to write a letter about her, in her name. Vanity, I think it's called?" She asked the falcon perched beside her. "Oh well, good kindling it is," she tutted as she tossed the missive of manipulation upon a flickering flame. With that Kitaen went on to stirring her carrot soup.