【✧ KAKTUZ WEEKLI ISSUE XIX ✧】

Newspapers are spread throughout Aevos.

They’re made of two sheets of cheap paper, simply stacked and folded together and yet they are

surprisingly colorful, with doodles and familiar drawings! Could this be… no way!
The return of

CBliVuahm6W_XtX_oFUcSbOru_oeth-8NEegGG6sCThbtnro3NFKOudyuB1NrPlB1Z0-oOlGowGKRPkyJx1sfAJzS7sW0zZTnEwk0WxJue6wf4iSXLaZfYTHPevCE8o_B_HkrOvgjjJLYNVzrgPeK8o
Issue Azhty’H’Futh (XIX) — Azh’Kint’H’Azh’ty’H’Futh (CLIX) D.A.

5GF5yEw9nAUVh9_KD1tmVgjnE2aYWrnvWE5HOD3yo4mG1SeXRyYGyfxqqGhntAPIpePwo4t0gGeLvbdgiHD58Ukw-fdcSv2nUpzXPdH2PoiEXwvqe-AaLnTZcL6G0q3XoyJgVwysSZUWCXgttRMKT94
ORC POLITICS

A Vampire in Orcgrimmar

Many orcish readers might know Bug, the pale-green uruk. I myself have known him for a few years, and he has been, to me, like any other bruddah. However, recent Spook-testing by our Krimpgoth Gnarla’Vukh revealed that he was infected by the vampiric curse. He unfortunately resisted his arrest, wounding many orcs. For the safety of all those present, he was therefore killed.

aVBQ7p1bei_R6CspiJt2WMTsza9QjuzVusQV7TMDyFx68Mr3AptpiU55lUjTbvckVdZPfME_FEfd00_dgRw7zXVDzYVKeBoODVAKo7nUfwJweYSvQJikUVuuASPccCbj9rQbl9mzUNYyIHIbpHcsdD0  t5BrxQqM-EUDhx8WH1tfVcxsiBfFPqPTtq1d8E6A5GTSu6O7ZnHNxvFTqujhaGC4-8Qp7ZTalq6FaEHuSPNAFf0VyIYDyXJa4w9DX2pgdnleR8qriHTWnr-3KybbaL33uD5pN3nNYW6hsYTFIVIzJog  

However, it seems that monks came by, and brought Bug back to life. Indeed, Elena of Joma, a friend and Paladin, told me that she found Bug “lying on the ground, covered in gore” in Lurin, “paralyzed from the neck down”; likely the result of a fight. Then, he accepted to be cured —though, admittedly, he did not have much of a choice. “He said he had been infected for… about 4 or 5 cactus weeks, so it was within the 12 year period one has before it’s too late to be cured.” she explained.

ubV6_wP71SlfNM5htm1Gqm1tusH2q1aQB3VK5OEaFd0B_Ad70X_DIsKfWu9e7xwDF11lFzrnr-RXy6SLxkKFEZ_dkfaUkLHsi1r-iXzusugbwNjDDxtV6gBIInIPvvpmtiVJqwkpPmKA5061NNNOVFw

“Descendants turn into vampires by consuming a vampire’s blood.”“I’ve known some to have been forced to do so,” and according to her, in some cases, “the social stigma of being cursed and the difficulty in seeking help” can make it complicated to get cured. Some can be “under the eyes of a whole coven of vampires, and feel that their safety is threatened should they seek treatment.”

Gnarla told me that Bug seemed genuinely confused, and distressed by the whole situation. She held similar assumptions, deeming that he was probably forced into his situation. Though I have not been able to get in touch with Bug to hear his version of the story, it therefore seems that he had no choice in this, and is not buurz himself.

Regarding the prevention of future cases, Elena advised: “the main way to test if someone is a vampire is through testing their freshly cut wounds with salt. If it boils, then they’re a vampire.”“Fangs and claws can be unseen, so they are no good way of finding out.”“Refrain from travelling alone, as they often attack solitary wanderers… and if you suspect someone to be a vampire, do never confront them alone!” she insisted.

SoYgFRZz5MMPS-h6j9sFHpc1Pgc7S4y6L4tL0k5P2wl0tG7kAbXUo7wHldx50a9c0bUpsKOige40h1Py-zbzP7tmPBzQDGJI5jy7yf9Q8PtoL65rFDlwkw7NFtVL77gDBI4doCXvo5xw8cIlls1AFww

FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Wagh upon the Sand-Elves

I should begin this article by stating that my heart is weighed in the following matters. Our elder Madoc’Lur is a friend to me, and I am a part of the Shaman Lodge; though not once has it bothered me in my duties as Shaman, Skriptgoth, Yargoth, or writer of the Kaktuz Weekli. Yet, I seek to uncover and speak the truth; may each of my words be a praise to Theruz.
—Gharak'Yar

JliqxiOeGxewMn_fyXBI_LOmnmCNmDijv1hq-U4Wds23NPTw3pwszLcWsPkzXyKvKogE1-kGbRwsuGerKi-Rr_fRHO0v7pSKGLi9TLzzoQBWNUlQzHJVN303DlNp6VCkURImkYpUvdU5OPiCGbdH0To  bBbZJg8rkWJLfxyBP_NcncehppF_X6qsepgQ_RbS5eSAn8eb9QBI5uCC2ena0DPSbiE3RwEB5IrjRkBbbpGN3nMotyciG2v-4ol8V86fljZsG6yNDsrrHWNOaP9l7Gx-ztANw92UVLDxgZaR1dTkV5I

One might say the conflict between orcs and Atemu-ta's kin dates back to the times of Rex Kybal’Akaal, over 4 cactus months ago. The lads, as they were known, lived in Krugmar, and were taught shamanic ways after becoming honorary orcs. Atemu-Ta, who recently spread extensive propaganda across the continent, claims he was mistreated back then. This could be true. Perhaps, he was treated like an orc, and strength was expected of him where he did not have it. An orc facing injustice doesn’t merely write, or speak of it; he fights, and removes it. Atemu-Ta, being incapable or perhaps refusing such boldness, proved to not be an orc. And so, he was no longer called an orc.

D2ucBA4b0qU9B1kMJ48QS6Nqt5L4FgeBSrx3GNI0HXey1vBTTqrR1eHm8q_v3-jONSGXkVfaPC0SNmLwuRvM73MnuNjIlQgWrgNDf7XAwfEdjrSqT9ZE0CUdXYtBn9ucGNpNJBUG_FZXcjpH0BkxGAQ

He saw this as another injustice. Yet again, he refused to fight it; he did not defend his views, refused challenges and klomps, calling upon his own moral values. To refuse orcish ways in orcish land is to set oneself up for a beating. His sister, trying to protect him, entered a klomp he was losing to honour his principles. She was killed. To interrupt a klomp is to deny both fighters their honour. Destroyed by this, he left Krugmar. Orcs do not mind that elves be elves in elven lands. Atemu-Ta was clearly not an orc, and trying to join a Horde made for orcs was his mistake. Rex Grommash, who now rules upon the Hordelands, pardoned the enemies of the Horde upon accessing the throne.

Yet, Atemu-Ta and his Rah’Mun people did not cut all his ties with orcs. Their shamans kept worshipping our spirits. I have witnessed their undoubtedly elvish ways in this art, when I tried to give his people a fair chance. I too, of course, felt sorry for the mourning pharaoh. Yet in their shrines I found our spirits twisted with untrue, elvish names. Old Blah, the language of the spirits, must only be used to speak truth; to speak wrong names is a travesty, a betrayal. It is the precise reason why this tongue is so closely guarded. But they did not only insult the spirits in their own land. They built a shrine on land which, as decided in the previous Southern Summit, belonged to the Qualasheen. This triggered a holy war.

MUULzBujkVNMTQodH_25u77TRLlpk5Owl4Y7AB9MUDVlT1CnRuaDSTrIR0g0Pv39qmiXH_kb7Zn-39-lGrGD2wvSlQRrLnGAiKKaDnehoZYviX6T9B_kqk_iOwfQ2BsZuipK9cCJjuR_r2EinPpEJoM

Motsham Madoc’Lur has been working on gathering the shamans to guard them from falling into the arms of buurz like they have in the past. Is it unfair to ask that shamans, keepers of our ways, hold an eye on each other? That they make sure none stray away? Another injustice upon Atemu-Ta, who clings to his absolute freedom. His inalienable right to turn buurz, perhaps. He has declared that Madoc’Lur’s attempt to keep shamans away from buurzdom in the Lodge is isfetian —that is to say, in their tongue, buurz. And so, with this final insult, the Iron Horde joined the Qualasheen in their war against the mad pharaoh.

PoUi9mm4zB3keBE8ev7e9_Vd6_Di0U3cCgudj6o6uaQrnyUD8Vzs1PxUkoNiautfJimwbCsvyLqCQOIZrFBnbi_Bhh05ptJp3YAhcXpzL1X-F2MpvYk-uopQSaSE6_xNKcLv3K-CRCmrt-2LaOf4ATw

ORCISH CULTURE

Spiritualism: Meet Addâgse

The spirits are central to the orcish culture. They live in their respective realm, neatly separated from the mortal plane— we are told.
And so I believed, until a few years ago, as I wandered the great deserts of Krugmar, a hundred miles away from any other descendant. So, I believed, until Addâgse wandered Aevos for a year, and my path met his.

Addâgse, I think —for I could never understand the answers he gave to my questions— is the spirit of childhood and innocence. I could not, despite my attempts, determine who Addâgse was lesser under, but I did find that he carried a great deal of wisdom, and many secrets.

“Please— You draw me a sheep!” Are the words I heard. I was somewhere, nowhere in the lonely and harsh desert. Yet, he was there. He looked like an extraordinary halfling, with locks of gold and wearing a long, green robe. He had tiny glistening eyes that seemed to look deeply into my being, through my soul, probing my very existence.

“Please— You draw me a sheep!” He called again. And I had to comply, for one does not refuse a quest bestowed by the spirits, no matter how measly or seemingly meaningless. He taught me, with all the excruciating patience required to teach grown-ups, the meaning of important things, and the lies of what seems. (Here, I am having to simplify, for many of my readers are grown-ups too.)

He told me of those he met on his journey through Aevos; meaningful encounters, and meaningless encounters; the fox who he tamed, and the flower who had tamed him; the one who counts the stars, and those who watch the stars, and me who now listens to them.

abWxgCD6brviHM8oAwZTPQRQBNQA-QptkjpSItp2aixYVB2cy-B5s1db_SWnKwqi1SVk6oR23uelQ9HBQ_ZygrQVXBqRPVT4S0jorxDZeSlm_CuNHLikChIO-tNmoRcykqzOf4FpBzQvsZ1Vz9Xtp8g

I have attempted to draw Addâgse— so that you may recognize him, should he ever roam Aevos again. And if he does, and you meet him, please make sure to send me a letter; for I do believe that he has tamed me too. And if you too wish to know him better, seek the books on the Little Spirit in the Ancestral Archives of Orgrimmar; there, I have compiled his story in much more detail than I can do here.

SoYgFRZz5MMPS-h6j9sFHpc1Pgc7S4y6L4tL0k5P2wl0tG7kAbXUo7wHldx50a9c0bUpsKOige40h1Py-zbzP7tmPBzQDGJI5jy7yf9Q8PtoL65rFDlwkw7NFtVL77gDBI4doCXvo5xw8cIlls1AFww

PEEP DIZ!

Breasal Nimblefoot’s Birthday

KdVx5iMBCsL6J7Q_TGL4XxxvlfC5R-cgEOZ1hELQ1pjqPWhOSmrexfSyw96QP19dzSUI_qVS4YcowIAf3oriibAlnxAK6bQGFylCqhg9dfLvGI86BxFguztr9IQLwNB7jhqJEI6r9Id_BFtuzRMpg9Y

Our dear friend Breasal Nimblefoot is having his 100th birthday, and will be hosting a great party in Dunwen!

He has promised drinking, dancing, and games; and like any halfling party, we are convinced this will be one zkah of a time!
The party will start on the third cactus hour of the eastern afternoon.

PoUi9mm4zB3keBE8ev7e9_Vd6_Di0U3cCgudj6o6uaQrnyUD8Vzs1PxUkoNiautfJimwbCsvyLqCQOIZrFBnbi_Bhh05ptJp3YAhcXpzL1X-F2MpvYk-uopQSaSE6_xNKcLv3K-CRCmrt-2LaOf4ATw

On The Kaktuz

You must have noticed that the Kaktuz Weekli has not been published in the last couple cactus weeks. It is because I have been on a journey, a self-exile into the desert. It is in fact there that I have met Addâgse. I am happy to announce that I am back, strengthened, wisened, and ready to face life with all my might.

As announced, a new section was added to the Kaktuz Weekli; PEEP DIZ! It will hold things we think deserve to be spread across Aevos, or possibly advertisements. Paid advertisements will of course be flagged as such. Please get in touch with anyone in our team ((or better, leave your message below!)) if you wish to have a message in this section of the next issue!

The Team

Informant — Spuds @Turbo_Dog

Writer — Gharak’Yar @Gomoore

Illustrator & Head publisher — Gharak’Yar
lex5VbukXw8m2EL21q4xUePiqV4-AOzDLiyBjfytGzlLymSGxWv5ttO5wGLMH6wFvRpO_bgqgUlpzjzXDfT83V40agKS-uLidwSwq5sPxbGshzXxkVbfnPi1naLbzxvui_8XJcizRvy4_bT3mXPN320

Edited by Gomoore

A goblin in the Vale lands is overjoyed by the return of the best news source in Aevos and giddily starts reading through it. "Nub wae!"

A letter penned with thick, crude charcoal lettering would make its way to the editor's desk:

Ug,

I don't know too much about this Atemu-ta, what he has done, or any details of the grievance the current Rex has with him. However, there is one detail in this paper that I believes distorts the truth of the death of Atemu-ta's sister slightly.

Atemu-ta's sister was being held captive by the Akaal rex authority, and in her desire to be free, she slit her own throat to choose death over bondage. I do not know what happened before this to prompt this detainment. However, the commitment to the principle of freedom or death deserves to be stated truthfully

Rap'Lur

“CACTUS WEEKLY!! CACTUS WEEKLYYYYY!!!!!” Announced a very excited musin named Spuds throughout Babblebrook “WAKE UP IT IS TIME TO READ, GATHER AROUND!”