Hohkmat: Vizieral Appointments & Canonist Relations

Minuvas

Rnrij_BJkDk6R6q4EMbe8WnlWeFC2A7Q_IFFWJJ7wVDEiHLdVaIRjvl_pi25156QKTzXZSoAkwCRPJgeGw1gwYPpWKZOLChVycN0QulZzOSgsrDJ3WilZAWqrS3ESe9oCtDLwBBka376VDypi35_MRk

nlY-AbKtHsLxuLiIjavIdavpVpopHZGmFULkDcwdGUGQLbfP8PaIM2suN3k4hRDbC3xBzsPDpbulfqBtZ8ojw3OcHet6uqeMlOfQs1DzJLY55MiTvxALl4cmxb_9mXsCwHsorQINTM92TMRF_p5oYhw

VIZIERAL AND OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS
Proclaimed in an era of Calming Winds of Magic

Rnrij_BJkDk6R6q4EMbe8WnlWeFC2A7Q_IFFWJJ7wVDEiHLdVaIRjvl_pi25156QKTzXZSoAkwCRPJgeGw1gwYPpWKZOLChVycN0QulZzOSgsrDJ3WilZAWqrS3ESe9oCtDLwBBka376VDypi35_MRk

CHAMBER OF FIRE

Vizier Ayche has requested retirement from his position of leadership, to serve as an advisor and Soldier in the Chamber of Fire and I have accepted this warrior-Magis request.

Let it be noted in our great magisterial records;

AYCHE of the Great Magi House TEMPEST has served as a leal and loyal agent of the void during a nearly thirty year period of service within the Chamber of Fire as its Vizier, Eldritch of our War forces in the coalition war, and perhaps of greatest consequence - as the Hero of the BATTLE OF PARADOX did Ayche fight at my side against the attempted COUP of LANRE CERUSIL. After the discovery Cerusils use of necromantic artifact and in spite of the aide of Draconic allies, AYCHE and the Chamber of Fire did drive this from our city - resulting in an era of unbridled growth of the City States.

For this reason we shall allow the Vizier to retain the ceremonial stylizing of
ELDRITCH, an otherwise wartime only rank, in retirement, in honor of his accomplishments and honor him with the rank of MASTER.

HOUSE TEMPEST
RrgSnkm42e8GwwW7euKNdyrpECvKyAPba1UVOWDk7iLfCGKZ-olKIK950oWUDCIte8VQYriRdiwcdvZNvK0zzTp1H7QSRni5zY4kFd8QF3t_jmNHP772-sGBAaApvwBah7_r6rMFvhDMjfW3dsFehjw

FAERYEL of the Ruling House of FAHRAZAD is to be elevated to that of  Vizier of Fire. May she inspire our warrior-magi of Hohkmat for a new era and strike fear in our enemies.

THAYMARK APOSTACY

Our specialized force designated to combat and defeat the apostate magi and their dark agents shall undergo a change in leadership. Henceforth YERA of Magister House SYLVEIRA and HAUS of Magister House PARADOX are henceforth relieved from their joint-duties of Thaymark Leadership that they might focus on their upcoming KAGGATH.

My apprentice, the Grand-Apprentice, FAERYEL of Ruling House FAHRAZAD shall be appointed as the new leader of the Thaymark and shall strike with resolve against the Necromancer, the Demon, and agents of Apostacy.

ON RELATIONS TO THE CHURCH OF CANON AND ACCUSATIONS OF DARK APOSTACY

Hohkmat is no stranger to accusations of dark magic within our walls, as the fears of Ando Alur still remain fresh in the minds of a great many historians. 

We pride ourselves in the fact that no allegations have ever been found to be true in our city.  We believe this good natured behavior has contributed to the Pontiff of the Church of Canon in his enlightened sanctioning of our magics among the human realms.

Our leaders, myself included, are tested to ensure no taint.
We have not attacked the High Pontiff, unlike some who would try to besmirch our name.
We have killed more Dark Spawn than most nations can take credit for.
We have slayed the anathema when the Canonist realms have asked us to.

Yet our good name is often carried on the wind by fearful and jealous individuals, whose agenda is as naked as a newborn babe. We would not see those who lash tongues to triumph over our good works, and thus I decree the following.

It is diktat. We shall establish a permanent diplomatic office to the Holy See of the Canonist Church. We shall select a representative to ensure communication with the Holy See, and while it is unlikely there will be agreement on a host of issues - our ambassador shall strive to keep these issues within the threshold below that of conflict.

It is diktat. That the Paladins of Xan shall henceforth be welcome in Hohkmat, as they have never been denied, though in keeping with the laws of the Canonist nations in which we reside- shall be restricted in the use of their magics while in our territory. They are however offered an additional caveat: extrajudicial attempts at execution of our citizens on suspicion shall be met with fierce hostility. 

SO BOUND

rrSXoiciNQESfFH9dEJEJ-fIboQ996Rv7S66R3k32nHsY-wuPzOdgey_8AplctURVWgX2hlFzy0EFcBIEKAubNjneiuWrQfvhP7MWJeJN8OP8kd_08bJYJ1jlMT9LE82NDK3VrbKxNQ6IINYhsa_qoU

GRAND-MAGISTER, Sorcerer-King, Hierophant of the Mysteries,

Master of the Ziggurat of Hohkmat

3 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

extrajudicial attempts at execution of our citizens on suspicion shall be met with fierce hostility. 

"I wonder what t'at's 'bout . . ." The Lady Magister pondered.

"They will never stop slandering me, not even after I've died."

“I despise them,” says Faeryel. 

“I despise the thought that darkspawn should live peaceful, unbothered lives, except for those rare occasions when they do evil deeds.”

“They should know no peace. They should be hunted to the last. The Ibleesian and the Xionist should live in constant fear of discovery. They and their sympathizers should know terror for their beliefs. There will be no relief. There will be no quarter. There will only be paranoia and worry for the servants of the Dark.” 

“This I vow for you, Tahariae. I wish you’d come back.” 

25 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

Our leaders, myself included, are tested to ensure no taint.
We have not attacked the High Pontiff, unlike some who would try to besmirch our name.

Edvard somehow takes ahold of the missive, reading through its contents fast, a chuckle escapes the man "Well isn't this ironic? That the same people who murder with cold blood their own allies now throw these claims. Not only fake ones, but as we've been investigating the happenings i would not be surprised if they were more related to the dark than we even think." With that, a spark consumes the missive, that disappears within Edvard's hand

Ayche looks around his office beneath the Chamber of Fire for the final time.

He's done his part. It's time for him to figure out what comes next.

And now, he's got all the time in the world to do so.

Ilaria cheers for Ayche.

"They were people, once." Spoke Sarah to another, interlocking her fingers and dipping her brow in slowly growing anger.

"They forfeit that blessing; they are now no more than rabid beasts fit only for culling."

"May you bring, in service of The White Stag, a new light that purifies this looming dark. Show them thy fury - cast out the wicked shadow threatening to take hold. Surely Tahariae sees your toil and shall guide your cleansing fire. In this age let us smite down their vile ruin, to snuff it out for good. I will be with you, every step of the way, and they shall learn to fear the dawn once again."

An elfess with peculiar eyes would sigh at the missive, still struggling to locate the aforementioned city.

Spoiler

Can someone PLEASE put signs on the roads or something? It's near Petra? WHERE?? Am I just blind??