[PK] The Jewelry Box

In the afterlife, a woman with her herd of goats waited. Although Liridona was not of blood, she was a Colborn. Family. When given the time to see that woman once more, she smiled.

”Out of all of the gems I have seen, with all their perfections and flaws,” The late Curator of Crown Jewels began. “You were one of the strongest.” 

Theodosya von Augusten thundered away from the courier who had brought her the news of her aunt's sudden death.

The heels of her shoes clicked and clacked against the hard floors of Rikardsburg's keep. Her breath kept hitching in her throat - she desperately wished to breathe but seemed unable to find the wherewithal to.

After she had found an unoccupied corner of a staircase, she collapsed into herself, hot tears staining her cheeks in one of the few times she had ever cried.

She had lost the closest thing to a mother she had ever known.

29 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Liridona nodded slowly, gasping for those few deep breaths. However, after a few moments, Liridona simply slumped against the table, having lost consciousness. The hand that was holding Poppiya’s fell limp.

"Aedymamej?" Poppy grasped for the womans limp hand, seeking for any reaction or response to her touch. "Aedymamej - Liridona?"

But there was no reply, she was quiet. Her breathing had stopped, as had her pulse.

Poppy checked for both- but she was not a doctor in any form, so a finger pressed against Liridona's wrist and a dip of her head against the womans mouth to check was all she knew to do. Poppy lingered, sitting in silence for what felt like a time, before she bellowed out around the room.

"If there is ne a handful of serventry in the hall in five seconds to help lay Aedymamej in her room, GODAN knows ea will drag vy all out into the fields ag let the dogs on vy all."

From the corner of Mondstadt, a few servants rushed out. They very carefully took the comatosed Amador and carried her downstairs.

When her aunt was laid to rest, Poppy retreated back to Balian and began to furiously write her missive and letters. The shock and horror of the situation, would not truly set in until the nights rest came in.

And then it did. It hit her in a wave. In a painful thump of aches and pains, in sobs and wails. The walls of the Godunov house were put to the test as they contained the womans anguish.

With her husband gone- to who knew where and her children otherwise occupied for the night, Poppiya laid alone in the dark, without a soul to offer her the comfort she so sorely needed.

Tonight was going to be the first of many a dark night for the Godunov household.

Spoiler

I didn't expect a harmless interraction to end with tears. But, Cheese, you've played Liridona amazingly and I'm glad to have met you on my return to Amador. Thank you for the probably a year of playing back with Amadors - and for the lovely character that was Liri.

A frigid wind swept over the Queen's open curtains.

Amaya pulled her shawl around her shoulders taut, as if a single gust of wind could send her away - as if she was made of mere glass now.

How fragile life truly is, she thought.

She knew one thing for certain - Liridona, the Gem of Amador, was anything but.

A flame- an eternal one. That was the motif of House Amador, as the Phoenix was a creature wrought up from cyclical regeneration.

However, when Olessya's eldest daughters were born, instead of pride and maternity, she felt a pang of shame. Weren't they the continuation of House Amador? Weren't they the female first-borns she had longed for to defy her Sedanian mother? Were they not a timestamp on her tenure as matriarch of a fading house?

She knew she couldn't offer her dotres a normal life. The burden of carrying the flame would inevitably fall on her eldest, Nataliya, and Olessya had made sure the girl understood the weight of that responsibility. 

But what of Liridona? Little, dear Liridona - as Olessya denoted her in her thoughts. A flameless being, a tool to perpetuate the regenerative cycle of their House. She would do what every other noble Haense-woman had done: forge alliances through marriage and joyfully bear children. This was her burden, to blend into the ash and soot amongst the flame.

Yet here Olessya now sat, enveloped in a pearlescent glow, gently swaying in her oak rocking chair. The brown-haired girl, the Gem of Amador, appeared, and Olessya's lips tightened as she struggled to voice her regrets and apologies. She had suppressed the spark within this child, and when she wasn't looking, it ignited. No amount of apology, though she had tried, could mend this rift. The shame from their first encounter-- where Olessya first looked at her babes-- resurfaced, weighing heavily upon her once more.

Spoiler

I am SO honored to have been a contribution to Liridona's character via Olessya. Liridona was an inspiring, beautifully written character-- and I am so sad to see her go. Yet, more importantly, her and Ilaria were a large part of the reason we met. You're a great friend to me, and I can't wait to see what you do with Esfir and House Amador.

Cheers <3

The broad shoulders of Henrik Amador wrack with sobs - a monumental loss, rippling through the house.

Warded from worlds prying eyes, beneath the veil of whispering pines of the Northerly Gales, an Unmourned Son of mountains proud of Karosgrad weeps for the weary. Incense burns with a tranquil dancing serpent of smoke, writhing in the motion of the atmosphere, guiding falling nettles of the evergreens high.

Peace eternal; a wish for a rest well earned. 

Cassian, the woman's eldest son, pushed the news away as it came- he allowed it to build up like a tidal wave, at any moment ready to crash through the thin glass surrounding his heart. He'd always been one to avoid his problems- abdicating from his peerage title, avoiding his wife when tensions were high, avoiding his siblings when he knew he should have done the opposite. 

"Well. . ." he'd utter, throat rough with emotion, "Perhaps it is time to go."

The youngest of Liridona's sons, half Amador and half Colborn glanced upon the bridge towards Valdev. A small smile formed upon his lips, for he had spent too long in the wilderness of the northern mountains akin to his father.  

"Ea missed mea home." Benedict murmured, "Ea hope Elena is alright." 

He quickened his pace now, slinging his satchel behind his shoulder as his quickened walk now turned into a run and then a jog. There were so many faces he would have to greet. But first, he wished to see his beloved mother, the woman who raised him. 

"Mamej! Eam home!"  

If only he knew what news would await him...

Aster had finally returned to Valdev, after his pilgrimage across the continent. He quietly sat in the foyer of his home, carefully holding the letter in his hand. Tears began to well in his pale blue eyes as he read "Oh Modir- Forlati Mik, please! If only I had been with eym.." The astronomer quietly lamented, distraught at the loss of his dear mother. "I promise eym, that I shall name a star for eym! The brightest and most beautiful star!" A promise which echoed out to no one, between quiet sobs, in the empty home of Aster Amador. A promise, which he would uphold.