Princely Diary I

BuilderBagel

Fürstliches Tagebuch
V2HClnkUlzgK0oeFcfOsn-o-mCZYSYzrmpESrZwfI8SHZ_9wuflvk_-w5p6wqra85r81WdsurrB82yXY09PqQNMUBCF6PWf3PD4-SwQ9cReJUqqhtebkLsgwUa49vVEUSNS-RnEKhGCn-EC4Gy2Ryec

An excerpt from the diary of Leon Anton Barclay

Medieval II Total War Music "The Widow"

While I am thrilled by our new keep and the city of Kretzen, I cannot get over my sorrow of losing Castle Kanunsberg. There I was born, and so were my children. In this new keep and its splendid gardens, I have found myself thinking of all the things I’d trade away if it meant somehow retaining my keep. Alas, my own desires matter naught when it comes to my people's and nation's prosperity. Besides, I am sure this keep will make my children and household a fine home.

My wife has taken to assembling a court—the Heather Court, she calls it, after the abundance of heather flowers in our gardens. While I am one for a more fierce name, I find her choice quaint, so I will not demand any alterations. She desires to make my sister Gertrude a lady of the court. I subscribe to this vision as I could not imagine my sister in any other sort of position. I am fond of Gertrude, and I wish for her to remain close. 

The army has prospered in our new home within the Evergreens. I am proud of our Marshal and his management of the Host. As for the knights, I lament that they haven’t castles or halls of their own to manage yet. In time, I’m sure, we can provide them with a place of their own. 

I have found that Chancellor Roland is one of the most capable men in our realm. A man of humble beginnings, he has found himself as the Ernstkanzler of our nation through his service to the crowns. He is diligent and a fine Reinmaren. I am glad I have made him a geehrte, and that cousin Alfred and I have allowed him a fine home within the city. 

Cousin Adelmar and I have butted heads numerous times as Reinmaren brothers do. We have dueled, argued, and had animosity for each other but always come together as brothers, so we have sworn a blood oath and constructed a runestone cementing our brotherhood. I have much love for him; he is as much me as I am him.

My son is quite willful, much like I was as a child. I have found that he requires discipline and punishments often. Despite these qualities, I am sure Adalfriede and I can mold him into a proper Reinmaren chieftain. My daughter Josefina is far too young for me to judge her, but Rosalyn, I have found, is quite astute for her age but meek. As she ages, my wife and I will ensure she becomes as willful as all Reinmaren should be.

I pray and believe that our people shall prosper here in our new home in the Evergreens. With Alfred and I as their chieftains, our unified tribes shall have strong guides. The venerable ancestors smile upon me, I’m sure.

Helena spied through her son's diary, she had always been the type of mother to ignore boundaries