[Complete] Report (Meteor__Dragon, Orlanth)

Your report is under review. Applicable parties may provide a response before a verdict is given.

Hey, so after reviewing the logs from in-game, and talking over with other Moderators about it, I have come to my conclusion. Although we do appreciate that you have made use of the report system for something that by all measures is poor faith roleplay, the escalation to a report rather than communicating with Orlanth is something to note. We as the moderation, throughout our many forms and communications with the community encourage players to discuss amongst themselves before making a modreq or report in order to resolve the issue before escalating it to Moderation. It is also important to consider that several Moderators were online at the time of the incident, where a modreq would have prevented this poor roleplay experience.

I am by no means dismissing the poor quality roleplay provided by Orlanth in this encounter, but a lack of trying to communicate this to them or moderators prior to this report seems like an unnecessary escalation in my eyes. This said, due to the lack of communication or modreq, while there were moderators online, I will give this report the exact same verdict I would have had I taken the modreq. I will talk to the parties involved and encourage them to take more care in their roleplay and to refamiliarize themselves with our Roleplay Quality Standards and speak with them to encourage that this behaviour does not become a habit. I will also warn them that if this does indeed become a habit, further measures will be taken to ensure it does not happen again, such as infractions and potential bans.