[✗] Musin Lore Redline Addition: Druidism

VoidTermnia

59 minutes ago, Aesopian said:

It's a slippery slope... soon, there will be wonk druids

They crawled so you may run

It has felt odd to me that Musin cannot become Druids of all things. I think there are some ways in which they could be able to do such things without retconning or seriously stretching out any lore as it stands now.

On 3/20/2024 at 9:20 PM, Pengin said:

image.png.7ff009bcfed03806472dff56d121422b.png

wait why can't azdrazi become druids?

4 hours ago, Greehn said:

Centuries old grudge between the furries (Druids) and the scalies (azdrazi) I assume. 

9 hours ago, Greehn said:

No slots left for it

On 3/20/2024 at 10:04 PM, VoidTermnia said:

Musin should be able to become druids. I have looked over the druidism lore, and failed to find anything mentioning requiring a greater soul. In addition, Hou-Zi should also be able to become druids, as they also have lesser souls.

Old Redlines

Reveal hidden contents

• Musin cannot learn most magics, due to their lesser souls. They however can only learn the following: Housemagic, Bardmancy, Seer, Herald of Azdromoth, Kani, Sorvian Crafting, and Alchemy with all its Feats. Creatures they can only become Zevnka, Machine Spirits, and Klones (bodies must be musin to transfer into)

New Redlines

Reveal hidden contents

Old Redlines:

• Musin cannot learn most magics, due to their lesser souls. They however can only learn the following: Housemagic, Bardmancy, Druidism, Seer, Herald of Azdromoth, Kani, Sorvian Crafting, and Alchemy with all its Feats. Creatures they can only become Zevnka, Machine Spirits, and Klones (bodies must be musin to transfer into)

Only if musin can learn all deity magic would I find this acceptable tbh since it's a deity magic.

On 3/21/2024 at 3:33 AM, KudosMetro said:

There's currently a Hou-zi druid, actually!  They're a gorilla hou-zi I think, but also HERE'S THE SCREENSHOT!  It's taken from the "Nature Infusion" — "Attunement" section of the Communion post!

TRUTH.PNG

Those are old ones, the new ones dont allow it atm 

3 hours ago, MayRndz said:

Only if musin can learn all deity magic would I find this acceptable tbh since it's a deity magic.

Those are old ones, the new ones dont allow it atm 

don't understand WHY they were written out of lore then?  I know they're suppose to be a test on how beastmen race turn out—BUT THAT FEELS LIKE EVEN MORE REASON FOR THEM TO HAVE DRUIDISM???  Hou-zi have HAD access to druidism, they're BUILT like Descendants albeit without the same soul, and being the "test run" for Beast Races SHOULD MEAN THAT IT SHOULD ALSO STUDY HOW THEY INTERACT WITH MAGIC???

Thank you for the insight though!  I just think the decision to remove a race from a magic is wonky in general—I understand it's definitely not new, but for Druidism it just feels wrong? 

Of course, no race should have to rely on magic for players to be interested—but the INTEREST that Beast Races get is by how creative you can be with your character!  That, and I feel like if a Beast Race could use any magic, it'd definitely be druidism.  Hou-zi were brought back, had one sub-race replaced, and availability for magics taken. 

I'd love to talk more about this—I'm not sure if talking here is really appropriate, but I do believe this should defintely be up for discussion and thought!  And definitely no disrespect to the Lore Team!  Can't believe this is a Musin Posting—but GIVE US DRUII RAT TOO!

This has unfortunately been denied. Recently with Hou we had an oversight. Heraldry and Seer were intended on a FEAT level, and the Magical exceptions were intended for special cases such as Kani [will have to specify]. Ultimately, Druidism is a deific magic and thus the lesser soul of the Musin would be incompatible.