[✗] Musin Lore Redline Addition: Druidism

VoidTermnia

Musin should be able to become druids. I have looked over the druidism lore, and failed to find anything mentioning requiring a greater soul. In addition, Hou-Zi should also be able to become druids, as they also have lesser souls.

Old Redlines

Spoiler

• Musin cannot learn most magics, due to their lesser souls. They however can only learn the following: Housemagic, Bardmancy, Seer, Herald of Azdromoth, Kani, Sorvian Crafting, and Alchemy with all its Feats. Creatures they can only become Zevnka, Machine Spirits, and Klones (bodies must be musin to transfer into)

New Redlines

Spoiler

Old Redlines:

• Musin cannot learn most magics, due to their lesser souls. They however can only learn the following: Housemagic, Bardmancy, Druidism, Seer, Herald of Azdromoth, Kani, Sorvian Crafting, and Alchemy with all its Feats. Creatures they can only become Zevnka, Machine Spirits, and Klones (bodies must be musin to transfer into)

Let the mice folk do magical gardening rp. +1

24 minutes ago, VoidTermnia said:

Musin should be able to become druids. I have looked over the druidism lore, and failed to find anything mentioning requiring a greater soul. In addition, Hou-Zi should also be able to become druids, as they also have lesser souls.

Old Redlines

Reveal hidden contents

• Musin cannot learn most magics, due to their lesser souls. They however can only learn the following: Housemagic, Bardmancy, Seer, Herald of Azdromoth, Kani, Sorvian Crafting, and Alchemy with all its Feats. Creatures they can only become Zevnka, Machine Spirits, and Klones (bodies must be musin to transfer into)

New Redlines

Reveal hidden contents

Old Redlines:

• Musin cannot learn most magics, due to their lesser souls. They however can only learn the following: Housemagic, Bardmancy, Druidism, Seer, Herald of Azdromoth, Kani, Sorvian Crafting, and Alchemy with all its Feats. Creatures they can only become Zevnka, Machine Spirits, and Klones (bodies must be musin to transfer into)

To my knowledge, despite the new rewrite of Hou-Zhi listing it can only learn certain magic with the disclaimer of "if a magic says they can, they can—"  Hou-Zhi CAN become druids!  I'm pretty sure at least.

I do think Musin deserve a chance at druids though!

+1. <3

Edited by KudosMetro
P.S. Druidism lists that Hou-Zhi can become druids

Honestly Brother Rat would be crazy

Edit: +1

Edited by Pancho

10 minutes ago, KudosMetro said:

To my knowledge, despite the new rewrite of Hou-Zhi listing it can only learn certain magic with the disclaimer of "if a magic says they can, they can—"  Hou-Zhi CAN become druids!  I'm pretty sure at least.

Ah! Good to know. I just added Hou-Zhi anyways, as I wanted to make sure to cover all of the lesser soul bases.

my mind doesn't know how to comprehend the idea that musin can become heralds of azdromoth but not druids. +1

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!  +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Evanuri said:

my mind doesn't know how to comprehend the idea that musin can become heralds of azdromoth but not druids. +1

not that hard

Heraldry is just a mark given to you by an ordained Herald or an azdrazi

nothing to do with the soul

4 hours ago, KudosMetro said:

image.png.7ff009bcfed03806472dff56d121422b.png
Currently just has a list of what can't be a druid, which doesn't explicitly state Hou-Zi can be druids.

I do think both should be formally listed as able to be druids though. They're both half natural anyways, can always write off lore inconsistencies with a lesser soul having deific magic by saying their affinity for nature allows the connection to be upheld. It's just druidism anyways, ST should jsut let the musin have magic gardens and the hou-zi have a cultural route for assimilating with the natural world.

Can't imagine it being that big of a deal aside from lore inconsistencies anyways, either of them with alchemy is gonna be a bigger threat/nuisance to people who might be afraid of them trying to use it in CRP anyways.

15 minutes ago, Pengin said:

image.png.7ff009bcfed03806472dff56d121422b.png
Currently just has a list of what can't be a druid, which doesn't explicitly state Hou-Zi can be druids.

I do think both should be formally listed as able to be druids though. They're both half natural anyways, can always write off lore inconsistencies with a lesser soul having deific magic by saying their affinity for nature allows the connection to be upheld. It's just druidism anyways, ST should jsut let the musin have magic gardens and the hou-zi have a cultural route for assimilating with the natural world.

Can't imagine it being that big of a deal aside from lore inconsistencies anyways, either of them with alchemy is gonna be a bigger threat/nuisance to people who might be afraid of them trying to use it in CRP anyways.

There's currently a Hou-zi druid, actually!  They're a gorilla hou-zi I think, but also HERE'S THE SCREENSHOT!  It's taken from the "Nature Infusion" — "Attunement" section of the Communion post!

TRUTH.PNG

Edited by KudosMetro
I try my best to be on top of information for the Beast Races, but if there's any questions feel free to let me know!

9 minutes ago, KudosMetro said:

There's currently a Hou-zi druid, actually!  They're a gorilla hou-zi I think

Yup, they're called the Silverback (Gorilla) Druid. I thought that was because it was outdated lore from when Hou-Zi first came out though, I didn't realize it was mentioned in attunement specifically rather than compatibilities section though.

29 minutes ago, Pengin said:

Yup, they're called the Silverback (Gorilla) Druid. I thought that was because it was outdated lore from when Hou-Zi first came out though, I didn't realize it was mentioned in attunement specifically rather than compatibilities section though.

I do think it should PROBS be put on the list of compatibility, just so it's easier to find o_o
but yeah!  Np!  Just want to make sure it's out there that Hou-zi can be druids, so why not Musin?  I understand, maybe, not having the full capacity for it as a Descendant, but that shouldn't BAR THEM from being able to attune and at least be able to accomplish something with it!

Musin players at least deserve a lil something something, and the ability for them to further engage with the druid community would be GREAT! I'd love to see what Musin come to do with a deific magic that kind of fits them?  They're FULL ON mousefolk, they're probably really close to nature and it'd be nice to see how druidism works with them and what comes about from it!  It wouldn't hurt anything besides a logistical side, and even then, just make it so that they can't use it to the same degree—but still use it!  DRUII RAT MUST RISE.

+1

Might make me interested in getting a musin character one day.

+1 There's already Kha druids. I mean- I don't see any reason they'd not be able to

It's a slippery slope... soon, there will be wonk druids...

toad-dandelion.jpg