[Nephilim Addition] Nithrakor Flying Wheelchair

New Enrapturement Spell:

Ascent

[2 Emotes: 1 connect + 1 cast]

(Non-combative)

Description

By channeling their inner flame to amplify the strength of their wings, a Nephilim can- with immense focus- augment their wings with further blazing strength to launch themselves upwards through the air- and to crash down into another location, emerging from a cloud of embers and smoke. The exact aesthetics of their flight and landing vary greatly; be it from wings enraptured by sweeping flame to take off, or plumes of smoky haze that erupt when the Nephilim returns back to the ground. 

Spoiler

Over the course of two emotes, the Nephilim may draw upon their inner flame to temporarily aquire the properties of a surging ascent. Over one emote, they may stretch out their tattered wings, amplified by flame or birth forth a temporary pair of fiery wings- which they may successively use to propel themselves upwards with immense speed. Over the second emote as they ascend, a fiery burst of aesthetic flame enwreathes them, a burst of flaming light across the sky as they fly to their destination. Likewise- in a meteor-esque descent, they surge downwards like a comet, impacting downwards in a burst of aesthetic flames, soot, and ember. In essence, Ascent permits them to transport themselves from one location to another.

- Ascent requires [2] emotes to cast, one of taking off, and one of landing.

- This spell is purely an aesthetic for soulstoning. Thus, all soulstoning rules apply.

- Cannot be used during combat or to enter combat in attempts to fly/crash whatsoever.

- The smoldering impact from crashing is purely aesthetic- the soot-ridden crater in its wake is in no means a way to vandalize, the ash whisking itself away over time.

- Cannot be used to get to places you cannot mechanically.

- Upon ET jurisdiction during events, this may be used to limited combative or non-combative success in events if they approve of its use. If used in this way, it consumes [2] Dragonsflame Units

Reasoning:

Spoiler

Nephilim is a very interesting CA with numerous aspects of it that are quite different from others- leading to a unique style of RP and CRP. However, one of the biggest flaws is its immense lack of non-combative spells; this addition attempts to be the first step to fix that. Similarly to other MAs/CAs like Naztherak, which have a unique aesthetic to soulstoning, this serves as a unique way for Nephilim to transport around that fits well with their CA. Nephilim already have ways to get tattered wings they can use outside of combat to a limited extent, and full wings via bigmode; this is a lore-fitting way for them to fly about by utilizing their flame noncombatively with a minute cost of [1] Dragonsflame Unit.

Changelog:

- Specified cost for using within Events via ET permission, and replaced cost within the base spell if used aesthetically.

HOLY SHIT ITS FUUCKING NITHRAKOR WITH THE FUCKIING STEEL CHAIR... HOLY SHIIIT HE ONESHOT THAT UNDEAD DRAGON WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK

giphy.gif

This reminds me of HM02 from Pokemon which grants you the Fly move that can be used to fast travel.

can t3 voidal punished illithidkyzer (voidal tadpole consumer) use this addition? 

let me kamikaze into xans realm with my jihad brothers. 

Actually this is really cool especially since we had an event where Azdrazi Npc ODST/Hellpod dropped on me and my beautiful dome of light

I like the idea and with new Azdrazi lore, it works. But I think that Ascent should allow for variation in transportation for the land-bound Azdrazi who do not have wings. For instance, they can utilize the power of their Drakeshrine to transport themselves in a manner that is consistent with their Soul Stone mechanic instead of wings.

1 minute ago, Rigorous said:

I like the idea and with new Azdrazi lore, it works. But I think that Ascent should allow for variation in transportation for the land-bound Azdrazi who do not have wings. For instance, they can utilize the power of their Drakeshrine to transport themselves in a manner that is consistent with their Soul Stone mechanic instead of wings.

Correct; as written in the text description for the spell, it states an alternate method if they do not have permanent tattered wings:

28 minutes ago, Pallodium said:

or birth forth a temporary pair of fiery wings

1 minute ago, Pallodium said:

Correct; as written in the text description for the spell, it states an alternate method if they do not have permanent tattered wings:

Would it be possible to add a bit of a free-form clause so long as it fits the theme of Azdrazi lore? Think that could be cool too. Otherwise, think it's dope, in agreement with it.

cover3.jpg

Now I am become Valstrax, dragon of SPEED

Pretty neat addition, my only comment is if it’s just a SS thingy, it should be passive, unless used for events, which I’m fine with the 1 dragonsflame point 

13 hours ago, Rigorous said:

Would it be possible to add a bit of a free-form clause so long as it fits the theme of Azdrazi lore? Think that could be cool too. Otherwise, think it's dope, in agreement with it.

I agree with this, the lore should ensure there's enough flexibility for every azdrazi to have a bit of control over their personal aesthetic. 

Personally I just rp using my soul stone tho :3 

dfcfa0c84ac245bb8df74a666216dcab.jpg

azdromoth leading his glorious army to victory against the incompetent x*nnic forces