[Completed][Player View] Should Berry Bushes continue to exist?

Should Berry Bushes continue to exist?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Should Berry Bushes continue to exist?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only immediately surrounding cities and other structures - they should not exist in the wild.
    • Yes, but an item (a form of horse armour) should be added so that, when worn, the berry bushes have no effect.
    • Yes, but negate their damage entirely.

As someone who frequently explores the outer wilds of the Lord of the Craft world, I find incredible frustration in the continued existence of berry bushes, which effectively act as "spikes" in the defence of various cities against cavalry who may be attempting to scale their walls.

This, in itself, I can understand, but what I cannot understand is why there are so many of these Berry Bushes placed out in the wild, when players are encouraged to explore beyond the paths that have been set up between settlements. 

Why must we continue to be encumbered by the presence of these foul bushes, that only harm our horses and hinder our progress? What is the point?

Answer the questions and leave your thoughts down below. 

no more... please... no more berry bushes...

Hi! 

No.

Hope this helps!

It is annoying to travel and then suddenly get stuck on them, when I was super new though it was helpful for grabbing food before I found donation chest for food. I think it's fine where it is, if you're travelling you're going to have some hurdles, if you don't want hurdles use the roads that give extra speed anyways right? 

Hm! Perhaps not!

if you avoid the berry bushes, you wont be caught up in them. as easy as that

Ive been starving in the wild enough times to appreciate berry bushes.

I also like them being added to terrain that should be difficult to navigate. Adds a layer of immersion when you’re traversing areas with dense undergrowth.

Using them to fortify cities is a sin and should be punishable by permaban.

5 minutes ago, Luxury said:

Ive been starving in the wild enough times to appreciate berry bushes.

what about removing starving damage tbf 👉👈

wouldn't be as fkn annoying if ur horse didn't lose 1-2 hearts every time u got caught in one. use them for ur wall defenses whatever but they serve 0 purpose being sporadically hidden in clusters of grass so I cannot fathom why people would have any desire to keep them outside of city defense

I'm a simple man. I wander around in the woods, I see a berry bush, I pick the berries. Berries are the quintessence of what makes LOTC, LOTC. Imagine a world without berry bushes! Imagine a world wherein, you could not just pick up food and consume it with impunity. Imagine a world where your freedom of choice of forest cuisine is limited to the very few animals that spawn given the servers frequently high player count!

This is not a world I wish to live in! The berry bush MUST remain! For time immemorial the berry bush has served as a one-stop-shop for mankind's greatest benefit: free food.

Players, these are the facts as I understand them:

1. The berry bush provides free food

2. The berry bush stings when you touch it

3. The berry bush is a prevalent plant in Aevos

4. The berry bush is God

Without such a convenient food source you take away from anyone who is just wandering around! Think of the CHAOS that will ensue without the berry bush. It is one of the most important staples of the diet of the wanderer, of the mendicant monk, of the WORLD. We must have the berry bush, nay, we NEED the berry bush. Without it? What do we have? What do we surrender? Should we surrender our right to food!? To water?! To HAPPINESS!? I think not.

You take away the berry bush, I take away your kneecaps.

actually I just released I have world edit and can can delete them all myself... hmmm... 

Only Sub 8 Norwooding Males have problems with Berry Bushes; they feed the starving and ever wandering pink tags who left to their own devices would shrivel up from hunger in the wild. Sorry Communists, but Berries are here to stay.

b75Zg5e.png