[Apotheosis | PK] A Shadow in The Abyss

Eternity.

Eternity. That's what was ahead of her. An eternal life fighting wraiths and Mordring.  

There would be a lack of letters. A lack of anything

Just pure silence to those that were not there to witness her "anointment."  

An Eternity of Service in The Abyss.  

An Eternity she accepted with open arms.

3If3bo9VpiOUxw0LM6-AkBE9RoTg3QrS-iT2FCK5

Spoiler

Aurae or Hileia'illera is dead. She was my first character I fell in love with playing. i'd like to say thank you to the ST for letting me PK this way. A HUGE thank you to rukio13, Saffryie, RealSamler, Onnensr, Kyrrn, Demented_Delila and Valannor for giving me the many chances and important character moments in her life. thank you all for putting up with her lol :)

"Valiant paladins... So few, so foolish. And they never live long. Only the cowards remain." He stated softly, thinking of the events of last month, when the paladins had surprised them with an attack on their home. 

Unaware of her demise, Yandel sat at a tavern, slumped over the table. He could not square the condemnation of XAN with the evident glory in the Paladins; was the shadow truly so powerful? But no matter - Aurae had shown him that victory was achievable, and it was her bravery that he modelled himself on.

He decided that he would go speak to her soon. She was his teacher, and Yandel would be forever grateful for her lighting the Ember within him - it was yet young, but it was warm, and his hand was spun with mist-gold as he wrote his letter.

Aurae,

I will come to Sunbreak, soon - I wanted to ask about the histories of the Paladins, and more about you, truth be told. You are my teacher, but I know so little about you; you have risen me up and encouraged me, emboldened me, but all I know of you personally is your name - Aurae.

But perhaps that is intentional. Perhaps the individual cannot exist beyond the duty. Was that your lesson? Either way, I will speak to you soon.

Your pupil,

Yandel

Of course, it was too late.

Wyn's voice resonated within the halls of Redmont, carrying the weight of sorrow and conviction. "It is always the brave that die the soonest; truly lions led by sheep," he murmured, each word heavy with grief. With solemn resolve, he cradled the urn that contained the ashes of Sol Invicta's Forlorn Legion, the once-proud warriors abandoned and betrayed by their tyrant. His gaze fixed on the urn, he proclaimed, "Every brave death should be honored. Every soul deserves peace."

With a deep sigh, Wyn poured out the ashes, surrendering them to the hungry flames. They flickered and faltered, before springing to renewed life with a fervor unseen. A premonition of the struggles to come. But Wyn held on to hope: that no more would be condemned to slave for The Tyrant for eternity. He held on to hope, that this meager act might grand them the peace they had so desperately earned.

“The keep seems to be more empty now…” sofiele gazed the halls of the order

Resting under the Tree of Thought in Nichijin, Gaelunduyn contemplated the recent ordeal in the vestiges of the Abyss - the harrowing battle of the Covenant against SOL INVICTA.

She had died, embracing an eternity of servitude for ORDER. He should have died too, in the same way.

Yet he had lived . . .

"A cruel twist of fate, what more do you have need of me... world."

Dame Leoni of Acalonn would be unaware of her former teacher's permanent exile into the Daughter of Order's service. The much more lonely Knight stands before a lake, skipping stones across the murky waters while ruminating on her mentor's last meaningful conversation with her. Waves of a certain kind of ache would crash against the Deviless. She hurls the next stone violently out of sheer frustration, loss, and guilt. The water erupted in a plume of erratic waves as the projectile quickly sank rather than skipped. She continues to think about going back to the paladins. A part of her wanted to apologize for the way she spoke. The powerful emotions that caused her to leave still stuck within her, but that particular ache of guilt clung to her. Would she really let the people that raised her go off to die against such a massive force? The same force that she's sworn to fight as well? Those questions continued to stir within her to the point of physical sickness. 

Miss Aurae was one of the few paladins that didn't immediately dismiss or shout down her perspective when she became openly critical of the Paladin's patron. She was one of the only warriors of the Sunlit Lord that spoke with reason, and understood her pain in some way. The only paladin that didn't blindly worship the Golden Lion. Should she find out about Aurae's departure, the Dame would surely feel such a loss for years to come. 

"I will visit her, soon enough." 
--

A priest thought to himself, looking through the aperture of gold cast by one bestowed ring, a gift he'd received a long time ago. Doubt clung to him, seeping from the recesses in his mind like tar and clinging to every distraction he'd put before himself. One dread gnawed at him, that if he should fail in his goals, all the duplicity would be for nothing. Every fair autumn day he chose against spending with Aurae, or Aeolus, or even -- eventually -- Elarhil, in pursuit of his purposes would be for naught. Like some burrowing insect, it chewed inside him and made him feel outside of himself, outside the present moment and existing only in the past and in the future at once, yet never the now
--
"I am here."
--

He spoke to himself, slipping into the mantra of awareness he was trained to know. Look to one's surroundings, and affirm them in relation to the self...
--
"I am here... There is the moon, and I am here. There is the Castle, and I am here. There is the tree, and I am here.."

"I will visit her, soon enough."