[Complete] The Crown Of Karik

Lago

EDIT: Currently planned to start at 7PM GMT, this can be changed if it needs to.

[[RP thread for main expedition group: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/49819-join-the-expedition-to-karik/]]

[[RP thread for Dwarven Counter-Expedition: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/49832-theiving-humans/]]

[[RP thread for Human Expedition: www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/49845-hiring-adventurers/]]

The grand silver crown of the dwarves, forged for Gotrek Firemane in Aegis and worn by both him and his successor, Grand King Thorik Braveaxe. On Thorik's death, the crown was taken by his killer. Now it has been rediscovered, deep in the ruins of Karik in the hands of forces unknown. But it is not a simple matter to just walk in and take it: Karik is collapsed and abandoned, overrun with slimes and guarded by two collosal winged monsters. Yet a few bold adventurers have ventured into Karik and survived. Now a group of treasure hunters seeks to once more enter the ruined city, and claim the priceless Crown for themselves...

Event Planners, MC Names: Lagomorphia, luchian

Event Type: Expedition, Battle, Fight With Dragons

Event Date: Currently Monday 9th April, but this will need to be changed if the disguise plugins are not updated in time.

Factions/Nations affected by the event: The Dwarves may be affected, as their crown holds symbolic worth.

Event Location: Karik

Summary: The group of treasure hunters venture into Karik, and must navigate through its dangers to the main streets. They must then find a way to bypass the lava, by means of a small number of Fire Resistance potions, avoiding awakening the dragons in the process. These potions allow a few of them to bypass the lava fall blocking the entrance to the upper levels of the Royal Keep. The treasure hunters must choose who goes through to block off the lava fall. However, after those who took the potions have walked through, the dragons awaken, collapsing the entrance to the main cavern, and the remaining treasure hunters must somehow defeat or escape the dragons and anyone else present in Karik, be they bandits, rival treasure hunters or would be dragon slayers.

The main group venture into the upper levels of the King's Tower, where they find the mage who slew Thorik. Having been trapped in the tower for so long, the man's sanity has weakened, and he has spent his time in a make believe world, reenacting his defeat of the Grand King on an ancient Karik golem he has reactivated. Terrified by the intrusion, he orders the golem, which is wearing the crown, to attack while he looks for an escape.

It is a little known fact that the tower of Karik is so tall that the summit is above ground. The battle with the golem, combined with the shaking of the foundations and the frenzied attempts of the mage to use magic to blast his way to freedom, weakens the foundations of the King's tower, and it begins to collapse with the combatants still inside it. Seeing their chance for freedom, the dragons attempt to climb, claw and fly through the collapsing tower to freedom...

Concept Images/Screenshots:

Other Information: I've been going through the details of this event with luchian and shiftnative for a couple of days. shiftnative said he'd look at this proposal thread, so I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone else in a position to accept or deny events doesn't do so until he has.

((Sounds like a good event that a lot of people will want to partake in, such as myself. It would be good to finally avenge Thorik as I swore to do so many years ago...))

((Also it means players who have been in Karik since the dragons will have a better knowledge of how to get there and only those who have even been to Karik will understand where anything is.))

I suppose this event is fine as long as the dwarves are allowed to participate in it. The thing is far too many "unofficial" expeditions have been made to karik. First the bandits, and then the anvil expedition. During both expeditions TNT has been used in city that is collapsing any minute, with a dragon inside. No dragon was seen, and the city didn't collapse when TNT was used. Not to mention during the anvil expedition I heard dwarves were running around in the city and shouting (and still no dragon). They even left the main gate open, which means the dragon could actually already have gotten out.

And who's this mage? Someone must have noticed him during the time since thorik died and we left the city. And it would have been impossible for him to live that long without any food, not to mention he could have left the city at any time.

I personally think the whole thing with Karik has just been bad RP, and I would hate to see it continue. The idea was that the dwarves would leave the city, and then all(!) return once(!) to kill/tame the dragon, get the last items or something like that. It was originally made for all dwarves to participate in.

The master thieves expedition was great! - I aided in that event and the TNT was covered with sand as to muffle the sound. The dragons grumbling echoed through the cavern and the master thieves made an excellent forum post documenting their event

As for the dragons - we havent had mobdisguise in a few weeks so we weren't able to play as them :/

we just got "DisguiseCraft" today !

The dwarvens put a sign on the front of karik that basically says - "caution dragons inside" thats bound to stir somethin up

I suppose this event is fine as long as the dwarves are allowed to participate in it.

I see no reason why they can't, the structure of this event supports as many simultaneous expeditions as are needed, provided they happen at the same time or slightly after each other. I'd think the dwarves would certainly want to send people in, it's their crown.

As for the mage, this was luchian's backstory for his character's death. Karik was a populated city, it's unlikely that the dwarves managed to find every last bit of food and take it, they were kind of fleeing for their lives.

The event will be fun as competition from other expedition groups could just spark more Role play. By having "DisguiseCraft" will also mean that the Golem at the End will look every bit as scary as it should.

Getting into the City will be the hard part, if multiple groups use the same entrance then there is going to be a big amount of PVP at the start and then non until the very end. This is where another entrance into Karik could prove useful.

Good thing I know a way to bypass the whole lava covered roads and angry dragon cave. It's always good to have an escape route out of a City, or in this case into the City.

Be warned explorers, bandits and treasure hunters; Kirrekith will stop at nothing to Kill Thorik's Killer.

By having "DisguiseCraft" will also mean that the Golem at the End will look every bit as scary as it should

DisguiseCraft is for the dragons.

Probably. And Kirrekith, DisguiseCraft cannot be used for the golem, because there are no iron golems in RP and the crown would not appear on its head.

Okay fair play then, just saying though it would look a load more scary than a player with a Golem skin.

With this looking like it can go ahead on Monday, I need an idea of who's going to be interested in taking part in this, so we can choose an appropriate time.

I'll go and if you make a post in Dwarven RP I'm sure you would get lots of people.

Edit: what time would it be in Monday? For me 8-9 EST is best