Watyll

35 members have voted

1. 1. Implement?

Edited:

-Added more on coming of age

-Removed funeral pyres

-Added barrows

-Removed ballistae and folding ladder

After reading this thoroughly. With lore so similar to cultures in real life you have to be careful with how you word things. Sadly though some of this lore IS good, yet I find quite a bit of contradictory parts that do not fit together. Broken parts of the lore that do not quite make sense in the origination and it jumps around a lot. Ballista really doesn't fit, how would they have made it and hauled the massive thing around, it would take months for even Native horses to haul without an army behind it.

Also with the lore leaning heavily on horses that still yet to exist in minecraft would break most if not all of the lore, since they rely so heavily on them.

I have to deny this as it might offend some Natives, if you're determined to do this type of lore you should really consider rewriting a lot of the beginning, though different it still back lashes and slanders Natives.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me by PM or on TS.

I feel this is rather unfair to deny this on your own. I was aware that the LMs and Lore team in general must be consulted. As you can see I removed Ballistae right before you posted, and pigs can be rp'd as horses. As for backlash on native americans, I am one.

I understand your reasoning, but just because you are one does not always give you a reason to backlash on them. When I mean Backlash I mean how you label them as scum of the earth, then turn them as weaklings whom no idea how to fight, to grand warriors with a complex society doesn't have a flow that allows and understanding. I have spoke with Urasept and Danny over this and I do stand for it. I'm denying it for now, but you can still work it. But it cannot be implement till it's more ironed out. And I can see how this may offend other Native Americans.

I read this in its early form without any pictures and I didn't make any connection to Native Americans. Barring the images, where is the connection?

I'm not really in the mood for more factions. Doesn't LOTC already have enough? I'm not the type of person who really wants to spread the player base out more. I remember when aegis, there weren't any little factions. There was Oren, Kal'Urguan, Krug, and Laurelin. ((Excluding alras.)) There were four cities, RP was centralized and the more groups, and more cities, the worse in my opinion.

Good idea! BUT. I'd like you to mention this lore takes elements from the Mokrak, and where some of it originated, out of respect for me.;) But, yeah, support.

May I bring to the up to the LM that this lore might be too similar to a certain group in 3.0? I can pm for details, but I think it's best this lore be denied. It's good but sorry.

Also with the lore leaning heavily on horses that still yet to exist in minecraft would break most if not all of the lore, since they rely so heavily on them.

Roleplay horses exist.

Also I feel that denying the lore is unfair. The lore is well written and unique which is what this server needs, also you can not say the lore will offend Native American culture whilst allowing Japanese based lore to be accepted.

I'm not really in the mood for more factions. Doesn't LOTC already have enough? I'm not the type of person who really wants to spread the player base out more. I remember when aegis, there weren't any little factions. There was Oren, Kal'Urguan, Krug, and Laurelin. ((Excluding alras.)) There were four cities, RP was centralized and the more groups, and more cities, the worse in my opinion.

I've seen the 3.0 map. There is not much space, and this culture will be bringing as much role-play as possible. As for factions, how many do we have really? Oren, the Orcs, Malinor, Dwarves...yeah that's it.

May I bring to the up to the LM that this lore might be too similar to a certain group in 3.0? I can pm for details, but I think it's best this lore be denied. It's good but sorry.

May I bring to your attention that I know of all the cultures in Occultus since I am a writer in it ;) This culture is not similar to any of them.

Anyway, edited as per Shoi's request. I removed anything that could be insulting to Native Americans, removed Piracy origins, and added a disclaimer at the beginning.

I am sorry if I am missing something but I do not see how this could be considered racist to Native Americans. They are two different things and I can assure you Watyll was not being racist in any way to any group of people.

There was a player whom was offend hence the reasoning behind it. You have to keep in mind that with Native American there are not just one group of people but many tribes and cultures, and someone found something insulting.

As for horses. I just don't see pig being a legit replacement or wooden horses that do not move. Elements of minecraft kinda do effect the lore. So may I suggest boars! Since their closer to pigs.

And I do not know of any Javanese lore that's accepted? The only one I know of was denied, and still hasn't shown itself on the server.

There was a player whom was offend hence the reasoning behind it. You have to keep in mind that with Native American there are not just one group of people but many tribes and cultures, and someone found something insulting.

It is a game, there is no need for anyone to be offended. This person doesn't have to play as or even acknowledge the Daldriad. Having said that, I am a Native American, myself. I come from the Blackfeet Nation (Blackfoot is acceptable, too. It's personal preference, really). I have personally wanted a culture like this on LOTC for a long time. It is always fun for me to play a character and live the way my ancestors so successfully did. I'm going to say this right now, whether you approve it or not or someone gets offended by this, my alt will be a member of the Dadriad as long as those who plan to RP it still do so. I do think, however, a few things in the lore could be changed as have been suggested by others already. Also, if this came off a bit dickish, I apologize for that. I am just making a statement with no intent to piss anyone off.

As for horses. I just don't see pig being a legit replacement or wooden horses that do not move. Elements of minecraft kinda do effect the lore. So may I suggest boars! Since their closer to pigs.

And I do not know of any Javanese lore that's accepted? The only one I know of was denied, and still hasn't shown itself on the server.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/74557-the-chosokabe-and-fukuhara/

I don't understand why a Native American should take offense to this. The lore draws heavily from Native Americans and Dothraki and strikes me as fairly similar to the Subudai. Nomadic cultures in both real life and fiction run fairly parallel. There is usually an outcast barbarian element to these cultures as they relate to more civilized societies.

Honestly man, screw waiting for approval. Just rally your people up and march into the wilderness and make it happen. You don't need approval to get tatted up, ride your horses into the wilderness and live free. Just do it from scratch and there's nothing anyone can tell you otherwise, so long as it all happens through role-play. The only reason you'd need approval for this is if you're establishing it as if it's a pre-existing culture that's been around for a long while with centuries of history involved. If you're starting fresh and establishing the culture from scratch, there's really nothing anyone can say. Start out on day one as the first of the outcasts. Then meet up one by one and form a band of nomads and develop your culture from there. No approval needed, it just happens naturally over time.

Play how you want to play and do what's fun for you and your people. Don't let anyone sit here and nit-pick history lessons, crunch numbers and meta-game judgment. Just go make it happen, keep it within reason and enjoy yourselves.

I completely support this idea. I have spoken to Watyll on Skype, and I believe we made some changes/ additions and it is going great. Support from mee~