[Event Idea] Return To Aegis.

Ever

I'm very tired and I may have not made too much sense so I posted a tl;dr below.

Event planners, MC names: None/Ever

Event Type: A walk back through Aegis to reminisce on past experiences, explore for the very first time, and celebrate the opening of our third official map.

Event Date: No set date/whenever. 

Factions/Nations affected by event: None in particular/each race, one at a time.

Summary: I've resumed my small project of rebuilding Aegis towns. While working on Kal'Urguan, I came up with a simple event that would show newer players what Aegis looked like and allow older players to return to old stomping grounds, all while roleplaying with each other. 

I haven't thought of of a good lore explanation, but I did come up with something simple.

A mysterious being has appeared to the leaders of a certain race. This robed figure tells of a ritual that would allow them to return to homelands of past generations, Aegis. The world would be just as they fondly remembered, when life was simple and all was well. Even those who had never visited these lands could travel there, but only in the company of those who had. The ritual takes place over one in-character night but the "dream" seems to last for an entire month. 

No dead characters return during this event. It's not a trip to the past, but merely visiting Aegis in a mass dreamlike ritual. 

The towns have been cut away from the Aegis map. They exist in their own little square/rectangle of land. The two towns that are ready (for the most part) are Kal'Urguan and Al'khazar. I still have to clean up some places and outright remove buildings that are just impossible to fix, but other than that things are looking pretty nice. 

Any person can re-roll a temporary character for this event. If someone has only ever played a Human character, they can re-roll a Dwarf character to visit Kal'Urguan with the other players. If someone has only ever played a Dwarf, they can re-roll a human, etc. 

I hope to fix every town up to the point of hosting this event in it (except Laurelin, that's... bured down.) Some towns/capitals are heavily damaged and will be quite difficult to fix up (Alras, Krugmar.) so they will come much later. 

When the night is over/the dream ends, everyone would return to the waking world. Over the course of a few weeks, the characters who participated will slowly lose their memory of the event.

Concepts: N/A

Other Information: These maps will need hosting. I CAN host it on my computer, but it is not very practical. There would be no roleplay plugins (mainly emotes/names), and it'd also be quite laggy. I do not have access to any other servers/the money to rent a server so that's out of the question too. 

I was wondering if we could do something along the lines of what is posted in the sticky in this sub-forum?

*If what you're building is on far too grand of a scale and you wish to use voxel sniper, world edit or worldpainter we can create a smaller server and link the two destinations via boat and have guilds and or factions take turns exploring and or fulfilling the quests.

That would work perfectly. The world could be linked for as long as we're on the 2.5 map and could be blocked off when the event isn't taking place/be opened on a specific date, I.E. a friday.

No event team members, actors or builders, are required.

Hopefully, the map order will be: Kal'Urguan (since it's very easy to fix) -> Al'khazar (since it's mostly rebuilt, just needs a little bit more) -> Not sure, Alras? Galahar? 

TL;DR: HOST CUT-AWAY AEGIS TOWNS ON THE SERVER AND ALLOW OLD AND NEW CHARACTERS ALIKE TO VISIT AND EXPLORE ONCE MORE BEFORE 3.0. 

You get my full support,  If this gets denied we might make it look like a flash-back or something. 

In my world save of Aegis I have rebuilt Alras to an extent, with only a few things which need rebuilding/removing still. I'd happily send it over if this was to be accepted.

More Support from me, thou cannot get. Because you already have all of my Support! I'd love to go back to my home and explore cities I unfortunatly didnt visit!

I hope we can fix Aegis. It'd be a shame if all the new people could see was the floating, ugly ruins of Aegis.(Never understood why so many buildings were made to float on the last day...)

Guest Guest

Within lore, Aegis is no more and our characters would have no reason to return. They know those lands as infested by immortal undead beings and ruled by Iblees. They'd technically do anything to not go back.

Though, I agree it'd be a fun event if someone finds a way through lore.

My jaw just dropped at this one. If this could work... obviously not in legitimate rp... but a flashback... I want a flashback to Ageis... [and the rules x.x].

Not like I have been on the aegis map 24/7 for the past few days... I would like to see this idea in play though.

I'll just leave this here, as having a singular person who can do it is a little excessive possibly.. I don't know but having it on the way there might be a nice thing.

Summary: Okay, so basically this is a walk back through Aegis,
as a celebration of the very first map and the welcoming of our new home.

Concepts: Basically, when we sail to the new continent which we
shall be calling our home for a good long time hopefully we enter a patch of
fog, no lore is really needed for this other than we all fall asleep/pass out.
This fog latches onto someone’s mind, taking a time/location from it and
projecting it to everyone else (Aegis). Basically a shared dream/projection.

The Gm’s set up a portal on each
boat, which takes us through to Aegis (Multiverse would be used to
simultaneously host both worlds) and there you have it… Everyone in this world
is free to chat as it is a shared dream almost. This event would last for only
around thirty minutes to an hour to which everyone will be removed from that
world and sent back to the boats where they re-awaken on the decks. They retain
their memories of what happened within the dream but come back the exact same
as before they went in.

Other Information: Not a lot of other real information needed, as it’s a
simply go in, have fun and come back out again event.

PVP would be turned off during
this, as I doubt anyone would be fighting and also to stop people randomly
pvp’ing each other out of nowhere. (I know it doesn’t happen much, but it’ll
just allow the event to run smoother without modreq’s flying everywhere.)

Chests can and should be world edited out, to stop people running in and
stealing items from Alras, Al’Khazar, Laurelin etc

Adventure mode might also be useful, to prevent people going out and making a house/griefing. (Would also cut down time on much needed world guard.)

Having several double chests at spawn, so people can take a few stacks of meat and wander off might be an awsome idea, otherwise we'd starve q.q

Having a world barrier might also be a good idea, so people don't go running off for ten's of thousands of blocks and render new chunks, as if I'm not mistaken it can cause lag.

JUST AN IDEA! DUN HATE ME!!! ;.;

I think chests should stay. I know I was thrilled when I was exploring the Aegis map and found some old chests of mine and some signs I had left. Maybe a way to wipe inventories on the way out of the multiversed world? Not sure. 

I'm not sure if a worldbarrier would be needed either. It'd be helpful, but with the way the map is set up, I don't think it's a necessity.  

0WlFPTB.jpg

I reallllllly don't think 30 minutes - hour is along enough to really explore and enjoy any of the Aegis towns. I was thinking 2-3 days per map at the very least. This gives every timezone the opportunity to check it out without having to stay up during ungodly hours just to get a glimpse. 

I would prefer there to be no perms so people can explore to the fullest as well, but again, we'd need some way of wiping the inventories upon exit. 

Honestly, I'd say don't even bother since this IS a temp map after all, we shouldn't worry about who has what items and etc. but since there's all this hubbub about diamonds and what not... I'm not so certain. 

Aegis doesn't exist anymore. It is simply a void space. Iblees got his victory, but in its' destruction nothing was left standing. There's nothing to return to, it's gone. 

Aegis doesn't exist anymore. It is simply a void space. Iblees got his victory, but in its' destruction nothing was left standing. There's nothing to return to, it's gone. 

Yes, but people can still dream about and remember it, aye? There's no lore saying 'YOU ALL FORGET NOW GO PLAY ON THE NEW MAPS' 

It'd all be a mass dream... thing. 

Let me copy and paste since I don't really believe you even read the original post.

Summary: I've resumed my small project of rebuilding Aegis towns. While working on Kal'Urguan, I came up with a simple event that would show newer players what Aegis looked like and allow older players to return to old stomping grounds, all while roleplaying with each other. 

I haven't thought of of a good lore explanation, but I did come up with something simple.

A mysterious being has appeared to the leaders of a certain race. This robed figure tells of a ritual that would allow them to return to homelands of past generations, Aegis. The world would be just as they fondly remembered, when life was simple and all was well. Even those who had never visited these lands could travel there, but only in the company of those who had. The ritual takes place over one in-character night but the "dream" seems to last for an entire month. 

No dead characters return during this event. It's not a trip to the past, but merely visiting Aegis in a mass dreamlike ritual. 

The towns have been cut away from the Aegis map. They exist in their own little square/rectangle of land. The two towns that are ready (for the most part) are Kal'Urguan and Al'khazar. I still have to clean up some places and outright remove buildings that are just impossible to fix, but other than that things are looking pretty nice. 

Any person can re-roll a temporary character for this event. If someone has only ever played a Human character, they can re-roll a Dwarf character to visit Kal'Urguan with the other players. If someone has only ever played a Dwarf, they can re-roll a human, etc. 

I hope to fix every town up to the point of hosting this event in it (except Laurelin, that's... bured down.) Some towns/capitals are heavily damaged and will be quite difficult to fix up (Alras, Krugmar.) so they will come much later. 

When the night is over/the dream ends, everyone would return to the waking world. Over the course of a few weeks, the characters who participated will slowly lose their memory of the event.

I reckon the whole "flashback in a mysterious fog" thing is a good enough reason. It is not returning to Aegis, merely a memory of it. Personally, whilst I saw Aegis as a wandering soul, I never got to RP there, or Asulon for that matter. I would absolutely LOVE to do this!