[✓] [Lore][Druid Magic] Shapeshifting

cmack1028

Well then why not just allow perm shifting :p. 

Er (To reply to jistuma)... Apparently as I'm told a disguise isn't hard to perpetuate. My real issue is that I see is 2inch tall mice playing RUN EVERYWHERE and causing chaos.

You will see no such RP from the Druids.  I don't know what gave you that impression.

A Druid will never intentionally give any indication that they are not truely the animal they've become. Only the most powerful, wise, and aged members of the Order would ever learn such a technique, and I fail to see a circumstance where they would act out of character for whatever type of animal they're disguised as unless they've somehow been discovered, or are in danger and need to revert to humanoid form to defend themselves.

Stop nitpicking about potential roleplay abuse, and focus on the lore itself. Everything can be abused, there's no point in pointing it out. 

Hurr if u git swords den u run around an kil stuff allatime an stuff.

Really, there wont be druids abusing this...

The only problem I have is that I don't want dragon shape shifters....

Can't shapeshift into something that can fly.

Druids have to /live/ with the animal they choose, as well they'd have to slay one. A rather diffffffficult feat. Anyways, I fully support this. Good work Cmack.

This would defiantly be something Mug would want if he could get it, but I don't know how he would feel for killing the animal. Plus it would take him along time to get shape shifting.

Have my support ~

Due to the large player base wanting a permanent transformation, I've added lore on how it can be done.

Edits:

(February 13, 2013 (2))

• Added the Ritual of Departure, a way to make the transformation permanent.
  • Added Callax to the list of 'Other Contributors'.

Again, please note that this permanent transformation will likely never happen, it's just there as an unlikely option.

I would remove the ritual of desire.  If the person wants it to be permanent, they can simply remain an animal and not transform out.

I would remove the ritual of desire.  If the person wants it to be permanent, they can simply remain an animal and not transform out.

You mean the Ritual of Departure? Well earlier I added that the Druid will only shift for about an hour until they are very experienced and then they will be able to shift longer and it fatigues them to give just them a bit of weakness. (It's basically just so if the Druids are spying or doing something like that, they would randomly shift back after awhile and be in no shape to fight from fatigue if they were caught, it's just for some negatives.) The Druid would only be able to shift forever if he does the ritual, but it will be very unlikely that it happens. I'm still all ears for suggestions, though, and I might increase the time Druids can shift later.