A New Evil Enters

Here i will give some few OOC spoilers for you all, well not even spoilers. A future post will recap all this, but for now this should answer some questions.

1. This antagonist has absolutely no massive mobspawning involved. I wanted something where RP and emotes could be involved during battles with a mix of PVP; not PVE and having 10 zombies spawn in your house or right next to you. If you enjoy this kind of excitement don't worry, because i'm sure we will have smaller antagonists to fill the gaps of player desires.

2. The release of this antagonist will be very small, it won't involve large nations or large groups of players...at least not at first. As fun as it would be to blow up the TO on the way out the doors, it doesn't make much RP sense for us; because the WR would surely come in and kick our a%#.  :huh22:

3. This antagonist is militarily structured. It is player and GM ran. How? GMs hold the high positions, below them they oversee a couple "beast men" (as you guys have dubbed them, though they are not beasts at all. Just corrupted, twisted, horrifying versions of their former selves) armies which will be ran by players and ET. Would we ever consider allow players to climb the ranks of wraiths, sadly no; if we grow large enough to where we need another one, then we would. But for now, no. :stare:

4. We will have an application up shortly, then a RP time will be set to rp out something similar to what this post described. The application isn't long and pages of writing, see what i did with magic apps, reading pages of text can give you headaches. Simpler is better and your past behaviors and dedication on this server speaks for itself.

5. The antagonist has little to 0 magic usage involved. Only MAYBE several will be able to use some OP spells, but for the 80% of your interaction with them, it will be the grunts; leather and iron armor mix, with stone and iron swords. Maybe a few enchantments of poison. So those playing the antagonist will have to be able to know when they lost, give a good fun to the players; then take their defeat like a champ. 

6. We will not be releasing Lore for them directly to the community. It is easily meta-gamed and it is much funner to track down books in game and read RP posts that hints at where to find them and what is going on. A separate map has been built, an evil place; but its location and release will be kept secret. When the time comes, this is where players would seek out the truth, seek out a weapon, and even if so bold; seek out the antagonist master. :manic:

But all in all, i plan for this antagonist to be a service to the community; drive RP and give players something fun to do and someday unite them. What i won't have is RP or attacks that are unsettling to players and cause flame. So i will be handling ban reports that involve antagonist players and i will not hesitate to PK their antagonist player if they are found to be at fault. I have always been an unbias staff member, and will continue with the antagonist. So if the RP seams to be going the wrong way, or you feel it could be better; in OOC let them know ask them to compromise in the situation, but if you are outnumbered 3 to 1, and simply don't want to die; well then you should have stayed home, cause the antagonist is out in Anthos. :yes:

One issue Mau5noize, the Teutonic Order was too legend to even have Konigsberg breached by the Undead. Straight bowflexin', no hatin' ;)

The kind of events I, along with quite of few of you I'm sure, enjoy are like when the Undead attacks on Alk'hazar and Alras, when all the players could fight together against an enemy. Similar to the first event in the North with the Dragons and Boar people, except it was very annoying that they had godmode on, and their bows seemed to do about 5-6 hearts with full leather armour on, which was quite OP.

Anywho, I look forward to the reveal event for these antagonists, as well as fighting them and defending the cities/forts from them. Maybe I'll even make an alt and apply to be one of these antagonists, or maybe they could turn my main character, Silent, into one of them. Thing is though, he won't go out without a fight! (He also won't pee himself in their presence XD)

I do want the event to be done on a saturday, and even though I am EST, I would prefer if you guys organizing the event could put it at a time so we can get as many players as possible from as many timezones as possible (As well as starting the event when you schedule it, not one hour after you said you would and players, like me, end up wasting time and then having to leave before the event finishes, missing the epic finale). That way less people will feel left out, and I'm sure you guys are going to record the antagonist release event, so that we can re-live it, as well as add it to the Youtube channel and possibly bring more players to the server, like you did with the Undead release trailer way back in Aegis.

I really hope you guys can schedule this event and take into account all the times you've had to reschedule and delay the event, which ends up being a big inconvienience to a good portion of the player base I'm sure. Perhaps put up a pole on what time the event should take place over the next few days, and then organize it according to the majority votes, or something along those lines.

All in all, I hope that these new antagonist are really well done, and I'm sure that it's going to unite the races against this new enemy, which is always fun, but I'm sure there will still be conflict between the races of Anthos. This should create some great RP, rather then just a frozen north *cough, Game of Thrones,  *cough cough* with dragons and Boar creatures. Now we've got wraiths that turn citizens of Anthos into their minions *cough cough*, GoT's White Walkers, *cough cough*

Well done, and very "original".

The wraiths don't turn them into their minions. And no ice in involved. 

It will be structured as i've said in the post below yours and above mine in a way that all time zones will have events and interaction with the antagonist and not just the american timezones. Coverage is something i have taken into much consideration to make sure players  are all getting some interaction.

Gaius:

One issue Mau5noize, the Teutonic Order was too legend to even have Konigsberg breached by the Undead. Straight bowflexin', no hatin' ;)

hahaha i know, thats why i'm not messin with you guys. You all to tough for me, i don't even lift.

Similar to the first event in the North with the Dragons and Boar people, except it was very annoying that they had godmode on, and their bows seemed to do about 5-6 hearts with full leather armour on, which was quite OP.

For the record, NO Bohra had godmode on and I had personally checked beforehand. The weapons we used were basic bows and arrows with ZERO enchantments. Even the dragons flying around didn't have godmode on and were entirely killable, and in fact, some did die. There were about 14 of us in leather with stone swords and bows against an iron-clad army of which we lost to.

Sorry for this lacking relevance to the OP, but I felt it necessary.

Actually Mau we have a Wraith as they called it that is a player funny thing his the second to you as his the leader of that group :P His not et or staff :>

It's good to hear that you won't just blow up the Teutonic Order. RPly, our defenses would be hard to break through, we have plenty of members, and it would feel highly scripted.

Contrary to popular belief, Hanseti is very much alive. Historically, the TO has a tendency of winning defensive wars against bad odds. I hope that we will have a chance to take an active role against the antagonist and not just turn into the Night Watch.

Hrmm... I'm not a big fan of not being able to be a wraith because I am a player and not a GM...

... On the other hand, though... Antagonist.... And application to be one scary mother f-er. :megustacreepy:

Those characters will rarely be in game; when they are it will be for RP amongst the antagonist, meetings with the main boss, and random whispering to players; they serve a more OOC purpose of ensuring players are staying within the confines of the lore, not abusing raids or attacks, and making smart RP decisions. Hence why they are GMS and the Lore writer; because they are there to lead and moderate.

So the application will allow anyone to join? :o

Yup, selfless, non powergaming players. But also, we have a limit based on time; so to keep the server population from trying to rush to the antagonist, we have set limits on our numbers based on months since the release. It will be a very slow gain, and we will be choosing not only the best RPers, but a healthy mix to keep both sides balanced.

If there is going to be an app for becoming a wraith I would like to apply for it, as I believe I am a very selfless rper, and I really want rp a wraith.

If there is going to be an app for becoming a wraith I would like to apply for it, as I believe I am a very selfless rper, and I really want rp a wraith.

As mau stated wraiths are not playable at this time, I believe he picked five players already!

I'm excited to see what happens with this! It will be interesting to see the RP that goes along with the wraiths.

Cool! Sounds better than the Undead did xD