[Incomplete] The Cracking Of A Golden Veil

Supremacy

Event Planners, MC Names: SupremacyOps and BrandNewKitten

Event Type: Haunting

Event Date: To be decided

Factions/Nations effected by the event: The Arcane Delvers

Event Location: Ac'talereh, the new Arcane Delver base.

Summary: The Arcane Delvers have recently moved into their new base. An ancient ruin which was covered in skulls and seemingly was not abandoned as much as all the inhabitants were forcibly killed by some strange force. The Arcane Delvers diligently went about clearing the ruin of the copious numbers of skulls yet one region proved itself to be troublesome. A single pillar had formed in a room near the smithy, it seemed to be covered in a cracked gold-like substance and was surrounded by skulls. When anyone approached whispers would emanate from the pillar, and stones would shift along the ground. Simply touching a skull brought visions of fear to he who dared come close. The mageshields refused to approach it due to these fearful visions and many of the Delvers steered well clear of the arc of the gold-like substance around the pillar. Thus the Delvers decided to investigate the pillar.

The Arcane Delvers will be breaking open the 'seal' of an apparition pillar within their base. Apparitions fiercely defend their pillars using various forms of magical powers. They often have the ability to push emotions and telekinetically throw all manner of objects. Some have been said to kill men outright with terror while others can seemingly dim lights, put out torches and let out horrendously loud shrieks.

It is the intent that the apparition will kill or push out any Delvers who remain within its vicinity. However, those who sealed it in the first place left a second measure. A wide mage-gold arc keeps the apparition contained to a single area of the base. The apparition will likely collapse part of the structure to defend itself or perhaps will simply form barriers to stone to lock out the Delvers. This will conclude the first 'day' of the event.

From here the Arcane Delvers will have to decide on a way to deal with the apparition. Possible ways to contain it include sealing its pillar with a ring of bright magical light, sealing its pillar once more in mage-gold or finding a battle-cleric or shaman to dispel it. An apparition will not permit one to seal its pillar, particularly one like this which knows what happens when such a thing occurs. Thus the Delvers will likely have to distract it with brilliant lights to keep it back, lest it kill those who approach in an attempt to seal it in. Alternatively they may surprise it, but when something can see everything around it this becomes difficult.

Until the apparition is sealed or dispelled it will continue to cause chaos to anyone who approaches it. Were someone to remove the ring of magegold it would haunt the entire complex of the Delvers attempting to rid its home of 'invaders'.

An apparition can not be harmed by physical means however it also can not travel through walls.

Concept Images/Screenshots

Other Information:

Accepted Lore: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/85379-lore-complete-apparitions/

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Indeed, a single actor to play the apparition would be desirable. Preferably the same actor would play the apparition both times as they will be able to decide which of an apparition's powers this particular one has, and consistency would make sense.

Both BrandNewKitten and Cruzazul know about the particular region in question.

It is worth noting the lore is accepted and not implemented. The event shall wait until it is implemented.

YES PLEASE.

I loved the apparitions lore and can't wait to see it come into affect.

I will be there to help moderate this event.

I propose that a GM be present as well along with another ET actor so the event consistently runs smoothly.

This resembles an event I proposed on the event team forum a few days ago. Perhaps we could collaborate on them, seeing as they both use your apparition lore? ^.^

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/87623-event-the-haunting-of-ard-kerrack/

(Only accessible by ET and other staff)

Sam I would agree but this event is pretty set in place for the Ac'talarah ruins. I propose doing them separately and having both events be moderated and executed by the same people. 

I imagine this word be possible but it would take a lot of people to make them all happen at the same time. 

What I am thinking is they will be added to dungeons and be apart of that dungeon's challenge.

If no other actor has taken the roll, I would be willing to fill in.

Sam I would agree but this event is pretty set in place for the Ac'talarah ruins. I propose doing them separately and having both events be moderated and executed by the same people. 

This was actually what I was suggesting, I should have made it clearer. Anyway, I'd be happy to assist in any case. ^.^

*Nods* William agrees. This event will be good...when is it?