[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

Artisan Floop Lightforge has been promoted to the title of Savant of Ingenuity and henceforth is granted full vision and consequent influence over the dealings, doings and knowings of the Department of Ingenuity.

Minecraft Name:

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): You have mine already.

Applicant Name: Blake Whitewolf

Race and Age: Elf

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Maven

To the Elf Blake Whitewolf,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal or Leading Savant Tenshar Karkun within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

*Elandorr finds a bit of parchment and begins a letter*

Dear Leading Savant Tenshar Karkun or Preeminant Savant Ptah Remneal,

I noticed a moment ago that my name was not added to the Ministry's list of staff. If it is not to much trouble, could my name please be added as a Phrenal of the Department of Erudition? Thank you.

Sincerely, Phrenal Elandorr Staghorn

*Elandorr posts the letter on the Ministry's notice board and wanders away, whistling a tune*

*Elandorr finds a bit of parchment and begins a letter*

Dear Leading Savant Tenshar Karkun or Preeminant Savant Ptah Remneal,

I noticed a moment ago that my name was not added to the Ministry's list of staff. If it is not to much trouble, could my name please be added as a Phrenal of the Department of Erudition? Thank you.

Sincerely, Phrenal Elandorr Staghorn

*Elandorr posts the letter on the Ministry's notice board and wanders away, whistling a tune*

Added.

-P.S.P.R.

Minecraft Name: Origin_Lark

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): N/A

Applicant Name: Lark Steelwall

Race and Age: Human, 36

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Inventor

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I've been smithing for over 25 years, workin' at my grandparents' forge as a lad.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I'm hoping I can teach the art of blacksmithing and expand upon it by joining this institution.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Aye.

Minecraft Name: 9coolman9

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): Aye Aye, I'll PM it to you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Applicant Name: Lathros Ironbeard

Race and Age: Dwarf, 200

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Eh am applyin fer teh "Inventer" toitle.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

Eh was en teh dwarven engineering guild fer quite sum toime.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

Eh always loike buildin' tings. Specially dwarves, dwarves loike buildin tings. Aye, buildin tings is fun an' interestin, always sumtin new.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

Aye, eh undertand

Minecraft Name: Origin_Lark

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): N/A

Applicant Name: Lark Steelwall

Race and Age: Human, 36

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Inventor

To the Human Lark Steelwall,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal or Leading Savant Tenshar Karkun within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: 9coolman9

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): Aye Aye, I'll PM it to you
Applicant Name: Lathros Ironbeard

Race and Age: Dwarf, 200

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Eh am applyin fer teh "Inventer" toitle.

To the Dwarf Lathros Ironbeard,

Minecraft Name: jesjes360

Applicant Name: Elro Staghorn

Race and Age: Elf : 194

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: None, I am hoping to learn and be a Pupil.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):I have always liked architecture. And everyone one has said that that I am a good builder. I also have a good mind for redstone circuitry. I would like to take part in the construction of things. I would like to learn about engineering and blacksmithing, too

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes.

((As a reminder, if your on and want to do your interview simply /seen kanrath to make sure I'm on and then /msg me and I'll jump over to the CT library to do it.))

*Tenshar reads over the list of members as he continues to work on the lab*

"Well things seem to be picking up, that's good. Now just need to finish the library and add some more sleeping quarters"

Minecraft Name: Didag

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): Ptah has it. PM me if someone else needs it.

Applicant Name: Golrodir Eritaf

Race and Age: High Elf - 297

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Maven

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I am currently studying the art of clerical healing. After I have become adept in this area I intend to continues my studies in other branches of the arcane.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I would love to expand my knowledge and share what I know with others! It would be a privilege for me to talk with others that share the same interests as me.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I do.

Minecraft Name: jesjes360

Applicant Name: Elro Staghorn

Race and Age: Elf : 194

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: None, I am hoping to learn and be a Pupil.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):I have always liked architecture. And everyone one has said that that I am a good builder. I also have a good mind for redstone circuitry. I would like to take part in the construction of things. I would like to learn about engineering and blacksmithing, too

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes.

To the Elf Elro Staghorn,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Leading Savant Tenshar Karkun within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: Didag

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): Ptah has it. PM me if someone else needs it.

Applicant Name: Golrodir Eritaf

Race and Age: High Elf - 297

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Maven

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I am currently studying the art of clerical healing. After I have become adept in this area I intend to continues my studies in other branches of the arcane.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I would love to expand my knowledge and share what I know with others! It would be a privilege for me to talk with others that share the same interests as me.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I do.

To the Elf Golrodir Eritaf,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Leading Savant Tenshar Karkun within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

*Tenshar continues his work on the Research lab, stopping every so often to speak to passerby's who inquire about it*

((I am still waiting for contact from a number of part 2 applicants. If you are unable to see me ig just by finding me then feel free to pm me on the forums))

Minecraft Name: jojoma11

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): jojomack11

Applicant Name: Asgorath Spellsword

Race and Age: Human, 38

I have delved both into Inventing and Organic studies, but for now I shall research inventing.

I have invented several weapons, such as the chain whip and the spiked shield, along with the katar.

I have a concept of design and engineering.

My interest in becoming an inventor is strictly based on my ingenuity to learn. Long have I wanted to join a group of intelligent people who appreciate the finer arts and studies of life. I enjoy creating new things, mostly of material, but sometimes of alchemical use, and therefore I come here to learn and share my creations with those who'd appreciate me.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I do indeed.

*Mason returns to the Ministry Headquarters after yet another endeavour to the Southern Forests. As he approaches the building he holds a large green Locust skewered on a needle in one hand, and a several documents in the other. He enters the building and promptly deposits the documents onto the Leading Savant Tenshar Karkun's desk.*

"I have recently stumbled upon an odd construct within the Southern Forests in which my studies take place.From what I can gather it is not made of the same craftsmen of our culture, as the land surrounding seems untouched by much of anything, other than similar constructs. Furthermore, it seems to be either a wall, or a door. I discovered this information when I took it upon myself to apply the oldest protocol in the book.

Indeed! I poke the construct with a stick! The sound it emitted was low suggesting that the supposed hypothetical chamber behind it is hollow. I have attached a picture of my findings so that you may get an idea of what I am talking about."

d84P1sg.png

*A detailed illustration of an odd archaic wall.*

"Now, I hereby suggest that The Ministry launch an excavation project. I feel that there is much to be learned here, and that whatever lies behind this blockade could be some sort of relic. With all intents and purposes to further our knowledge on this absent civilization, we should go with a means to excavate, explore and otherwise procure this construct/its contents. Of course, a fair amount of funding may be required, however I expect it will not be an issue once The Preeminent Savant is well and back on his feet."

"P.S. I also purchased a pair of books from my own pocket. One is about spirits, and one, poetry.
Consider it a donation to The Ministry from me."

-Mason Owynson

Lark looks over the sketch and says out loud to no one in particular, "I've come across this before.."

Minecraft Name: Picklesickel

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes):

Lockmeinmbedchambers ( long story )

Applicant Name: Hlaalu Helseth

Race and Age: I am a Dark elf of 245 years.

I will be applying for the position of a Maven

I have a very basic understanding of the Arcane arts but have always been drawn to them. I have the ability to learn at a fast pace.

Besides owning a few texts on the subject of arcane arts, I wish to preserve the writings on it for many decades to come. I also seek more knowledge in that field and wish to satiate my desires as well as assist a group of upstanding people such as yourselves. In fact I have already brought a copy of “Arcane Magic”, (a text which at the time was only owned by me)To your organization and I believe they are currently putting it to good use.  All in all I wish to expand your library and study along with a group of like minded individuals.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Completely.