What are your thoughts?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Feedback:

• Looks Solid!
    • Needs a few tweaks here and there.
    • I don't really like it at all.
  2. 2. Doppleganger Feedback:

• Remain as is.
    • Change a little. (post a suggestion if you can)
    • Take out entirely. (post your reasoning as to why)

If I can firstly ask where did you come up with this idea?, as from my memory these sound like the magical beasts off a Anime...

Other than that I can see improvements for the lore although I won't go into them.

I did. The homunculus was even mentioned in my alchemy lore post along with being something from real world legend and general fantasy. If you're referring to "Full Metal Alchemist" I've seen a few episodes and did not draw my thoughts from that. As I said before, magical beasts would be an incorrect term, as there are not multiples of them for one. There is the homunculus, and within that different types. Just as a tiger can be be Siberian, Sumatran, etc. Along with the fact they are not beasts for they do have reasoning capabilities similar to sentients. If you've got suggestions, please make them as they'd be most appreciated.

... Anyone else want to watch FMA now?

ANYWAYS

I wasn't able to read all of it, since I am at school, so anything I say that is wrong is probably because I haven't read everything, so if I say something that's already been stated, I do appologise! 

Now then! this seems like very solid and rather fun to read (as little of it as I have read). The only problem I have is that the doppelganger does seem very close to the FMA Homunculus (My spelling sucks, I know ;-;). I know that you probably didn't intend for that, just thought i'd say that. That's not to say it's a bad idea by any means. Quite the opposite, really! It seems like it'd be fun to play! It'd be like another type of Golem for alchemy :P I do like the addition of the other two versions of Homunculi, very cool and origional. 

So, to summarize... 

I'd suggest changing doppelgangers ever so slightly (I can't make any personal suggestions :x I'm sorry!) to be a bit less Full Metal Alchemist. Other than that, though, it's very cool lore!

... Anyone else want to watch FMA now?

ANYWAYS

I wasn't able to read all of it, since I am at school, so anything I say that is wrong is probably because I haven't read everything, so if I say something that's already been stated, I do appologise! 

Now then! this seems like very solid and rather fun to read (as little of it as I have read). The only problem I have is that the doppelganger does seem very close to the FMA Homunculus (My spelling sucks, I know ;-;). I know that you probably didn't intend for that, just thought i'd say that. That's not to say it's a bad idea by any means. Quite the opposite, really! It seems like it'd be fun to play! It'd be like another type of Golem for alchemy :P I do like the addition of the other two versions of Homunculi, very cool and origional. 

So, to summarize... 

I'd suggest changing doppelgangers ever so slightly (I can't make any personal suggestions :x I'm sorry!) to be a bit less Full Metal Alchemist. Other than that, though, it's very cool lore!

Thanks for the support. I'm gonna put a poll up since the doppelganger is the most controversial part of the lore. That way I can see if people prefer it to stay as is, change a little, or get taken out completely. 

First of all, a good read as always.  I think the explanation for the types of homunculus types are reasonable.  I will be honest, I don't really see any issues with he doppelganger. As far as I understand it from the lore, it is an alchemical creature that resembles a sentient being and has no particular special powers.  Aside from their chaotic intent, there is nothing I find different from normal people and a doppelganger.

Perhaps you should clarify that point in the original post, as when people think doppelgangers they usually think of a shape-shifting creature.  Of course perhaps my understanding of the doppelganger is incorrect and they have abilities such as super-strength or something.  I hope that my input is useful.

As an alchemist that has dedicated his life to this very topic, I support this lore with everything in my being. How did I not know of this before? Ithric, once again, you have out done yourself! First your amazing alchemy lore that has been one of the best things to rp since I joined the server, and this is just as good.

First of all, a good read as always.  I think the explanation for the types of homunculus types are reasonable.  I will be honest, I don't really see any issues with he doppelganger. As far as I understand it from the lore, it is an alchemical creature that resembles a sentient being and has no particular special powers.  Aside from their chaotic intent, there is nothing I find different from normal people and a doppelganger.

Perhaps you should clarify that point in the original post, as when people think doppelgangers they usually think of a shape-shifting creature.  Of course perhaps my understanding of the doppelganger is incorrect and they have abilities such as super-strength or something.  I hope that my input is useful.

That's essentially it, yes. None of the humunculus have any "super powers" beyond a high capacity for chaos and perhaps some weird mutation here and there, like an extra arm or eye. But that's more of a deformation than an outright strength.

Where does its life force and consciousness come from?

It would depend on the situation. The homunculus can be crafted through numerous methods. For example if one were making the Elixir of Life and drank it, but of course failed in the creation of it, one might be transformed into a homunculus. Of course that's only one outcome, another being they might simply explode due to how volatile a potion like that would be if incorrectly crafted. Generally the homunculus is a "punishment" for spitting in the face of the universe and forming one from scratch isn't something sane alchemists would do. 

But if one were to make one from scratch, without a pre-existing life and mind to corrupt, then the power of the alchemical ingredients would fuel the creation and "life" of the being and essentially give chaos itself a form. Creating one from scratch would be something I'd see as very rare, if it happens at all. 

If you have a suggestion to further flesh this out, it'd be appreciated.

An apology for late responses, I've been busy and didn't get the chance to return to this for quite some time.

Implemented. Only Fiends are approved for everyday use, Doppelgangers and Deviants are Event Team only at this time.