I never thought about it.  I guess so.  That would be neat, I think.

I -do- intend to make Leyun a dryad at least temporarily... if you make it possible for a dryad to bond with an Ent... hmm... how does the bonding process affect an Ent? How do they perceive the wood elf that has been called to them? I'm interested now.

EDIT: To be clear, I -wouldn't- bond Leyun to an Ent because then it would have to remain permanent, and I think that would derail the character, while taking the inner peace that becoming a dryad brings away would provide an avenue of character development. I do think that I will make a permanent dryad character at some point, though, and being bonded to an Ent would definitely be interesting.

Birds nest within the Ent's branches, and it tolerates them.  I guess a Dryad would be no different.  Although I can't recall how one BECOMES a Dryad....I'll have to reread.

Dryads bond with their tree to the point where they are nearly the same being. I would imagine that it would have a profound impact on the Ent as well. 

Also, the Bioshock reference doesn't really work, because unlike the little sisters, Dryads are fundamentally guardians of the tree they bond to.

Awesome, that lore is very good written! I like the Ent creatures a lot. One of my favorite creatures from Tolkiens World. I builded ones an Ent in minecraft, how it would look like ingame, just for fun.

Nice job and keep the Ent's growing in the sun! Mey de nature will be with ya man~.

Grendalin, Ent of the Islands. Lord of the Forests. One of the oldest Ent's in the world and one of the biggest. He is wandering from forest to forest, from island to island.

VoE0ta9.jpg

Awesome, that lore is very good written! I like the Ent creatures a lot. One of my favorite creatures from Tolkiens World. I builded ones an Ent in minecraft, how it would look like ingame, just for fun.

Nice job and keep the Ent's growing in the sun! Mey de nature will be with ya man~.

Grendalin, Ent of the Islands. Lord of the Forests. He is wandering from forest to forest, from island to island.

VoE0ta9.jpg

Please tell me the LoTC ents aren't nearly that big... :huh22:

Please tell me the LoTC ents aren't nearly that big... :huh22:

An LotC Ent would be roughly fifteen blocks tall.

(50 ft. = 15.2 Meters. 1 Block = 1 Meter.)

Out of curiosity, how would an Ent fare pitted against a skilled Golem? What are the advantages an Ent would have over such a construct?

An ent as described here is a good four times the size and a golem is far too slow to evade or run. Golem doesn't stand a chance.

By the way, if you do decide that dryads can bond with Ents, and decide that you want Riel'a to get a dryad, I call dibs on first in line.

Isn't Leyun a guy? xD

Besides you said you wouldn't want to do that because it'd be permanent. :p

Anyways, after more thought I'd say it's certainly possible,but much more difficult.  Especially with Riel'a, she's "Ent and a Half", there is Elven mixed with her.  She's more personified than a regular Ent.

So, where would acerbuddy's mossbeard fit in this? He's... Really odd for an ent- only 9 feet tall, a weakness of memory loss, and a binding to the treelord somehow. Would he be a baby ent or something?

Simply put, although I <3 Haelphon greatly, Treebeard doesn't actually follow lore as far as I know, but he's a GM so there's not much I can do about it.

Isn't Leyun a guy? xD

Besides you said you wouldn't want to do that because it'd be permanent. :p

Anyways, after more thought I'd say it's certainly possible,but much more difficult.  Especially with Riel'a, she's "Ent and a Half", there is Elven mixed with her.  She's more personified than a regular Ent.

1. Leyun is a woman. I know her hair is part MPM only but seriously! *grumbles about misgendering*

1.1 Dri misgendered her in character before and Leyun and Kefi spent a good half hour trying to correct him before Kefi gave the okay to slap him :P

2. I wouldn't use Leyun for an Ent Dryad. I'd use a new character.

3. Well, the tree calls to the elf, so I suppose Riel'a gets to decide? Maybe? *shrug*