House Blackmont

Zezimus

House Blackmont

House-Bolton-sigil.jpg

“Loved by None, Feared by All”

House History

Following his return after 20 years of exile, August Flay - Lord of House Flay - reformed his renowned household with the blessing of the Emperor Godfrey in the Holy Oren Empire. Unfortunately for him, much had changed in the decades of his disappearance, and the paramountcy he once enjoyed in Oren politics was a thing of the past. New powers ruled in Oren. Unwilling to face the fact that his power had long since waned, August Flay allied himself with the Teutonic Order and challenged the Order of the White Rose; a grievous error on his part. Having not given himself enough time to gather his strength, House Flay was dealt a decisive defeat by the numerically superior Roses and their allies, and to all those in Oren and outside - appeared to have been shattered completely.

Indeed it seemed this way in the aftermath. In his rage and denial, August Flay removed dozens of men from his service, murdered loyal subordinates, and began plotting his return to power. He hired sellswords, he gathered vassal houses. Most importantly, he sent a request to the Emperor. A change of his name, from the infamous Flay to the newly coined Blackmont. In this, August hoped to start anew, establish a new identity for himself and his men in the Empire. Having gathered what men he deemed loyal and fit, the first Lord Blackmont began plotting and planning, intent on retaking what he once held.

In an effort to consolidate his position, Lord Augustus I hammered out alliances and took on new vassals, becoming liege to the Houses Carrion, Woods, Letholdus, and Greymane. Upon his arrival to the land of Anthos with his personal army, Lord Blackmont moved quickly to establish a new base of operations and wasted no time in resuming his activities of intimidation and terror. 

Peace never did last long when Lord Augustus Blackmont was involved. In a bid for more power and additional land, he declared formal war upon the Teutonic Order, relying on his terror tactics and superior numbers - albeit inferior organization. Additionally, a son was born to him by his wife, Lorin Chivay, the son that Augustus had prayed for for so many decades. With this new heir, Tiberius, born, Augustus groomed him from the beginning - so that he could properly assume control of House Blackmont upon his own death.

With tensions only increasing along with open conflict in north,  battle lines were drawn as different noble houses decided who they were to fight alongside. At full strength and readily mobilized for war, House Blackmont geared itself to fight any that they deemed necessary in order to advance in status and power. With the help of House Blackmont's allies, a siege upon the Dreadfort was broken and the Teutonic Order forced into retreat. In his final days, Augustus lived to see the day that the Order was officially disbanded, before finally dying in his bed, alongside his most trusted followers. Shortly thereafter, his eldest son, Tiberius, was named his successor. Though he held much resentment towards his father for his harsh and peculiar upbringing, he quickly took the reigns in House Blackmont as Lord Tiberius Blackmont II. 

In an event known by many as the 'Crimson Banquet,' Tiberius arranged a feast to celebrate his own rule over House Blackmont. Here, as a toast was declared in his honour, he was poisoned and died instantly. In the subsequent confusion, accusations were thrown between the Bannerman and a brawl quickly ensued. In the chaos, the Dreadfort was set alight and the surviving Bannerman forced to seek a new home from the Emperor. Under the new Lordship of Augustus's youngest son, Lucius, they rebuilt the Dreadfort close to Oren's capital, where they intended to restore the House to its former glory.

Customs

The most noticeable feature about House Blackmont is its practice of skinning its enemies alive, and in some cases dead. Soldiers hang trophies of these skins, from any and all races and allegiances, as a show of glory. These sometimes full body husks of rotting flesh are seen as a sign of military merit in the House, and the more a soldier has on his wall, the more respected and prone for bonuses.

Within the upper echelons of House Blackmont, many shroud their more devious nature, utilising a silver tongued wit to escape the most dangerous encounters. Though soldiers of House Blackmont are known for their ruthless appetites, over the years, they have further learnt to appreciate the importance of subtlety and deception.

Goals

The men of House Blackmont have but one will, that of their leader - the Lord of Blackmont. What he has in priority is known only to him truly, but the household and those who lead it have always been known to have an affinity for chaos and corruption. Their lust for power is unparalleled in the Empire, and their brutality is not matched by any other force that serves the Emperor.

Responsibilities

Becoming a soldier for House Blackmont is taxing both physically and mentally. Tasks often are of a violent and immoral nature, including but not exclusive to: intimidation, robbery, murder and torture. Nothing is off limits to a Blackmont man, if he knows what is best for him.

Ranks

Base Ranks 

Lord of Blackmont:

The head of House Blackmont, to be held by the eldest male relative to the previous holder of the title when deceased or deposed

Captain of the Guard:

Charged with the responsibility to lead soldiers into battle, this position is coveted as one to be held by only the most zealous, efficient, and cruel of Blackmont’s retainers.

Sergeant of the Guard:

As direct subordinates to the Captain of Guard, these men are charged to help manage the soldiers in times of battle and action in the field.

Master of Arms:

Men at Arms in House Blackmont who achieve much in their in servitude to Lord Blackmont and are recognised by the Captain as proficient warriors are granted the rank of Master of Arms. These are some of the most skilled and ruthless warriors in the House and are infamous for their merciless techniques. 

Man at Arms:

A professional soldier in service to the house, many of these men are in fact kidnapped at a young age for service. They fight for the household and are expected to complete any task by given a superior. They are expected to have few morals, an understanding of obedience and discipline, and a large sense of loyalty to their liege lord of Blackmont. This rank is achieved upon completing the initiation process of flaying one's enemy.

Unblooded:

By no means kind or of compassionate disposition, unblooded men don the same uniform as the rest of the rank, but are simply noted to not have taken the final step to becoming a man of the Dreadfort.

Specialty Ranks

Men who hold speciality ranks are automatically assigned a rank that is above the common Master of Arms, Man at Arms and Unblooded, but is under the authority of Sergeants and above. 

Quartermaster:

The quartermaster is tasked with managing the supplies necessary to maintain House Blackmont at an optimum level.

Spy Master:

Subterfuge and deception has always been highly valued by Blackmont, and will continue to be valued. The Spy Master has the responsibility of keeping up to date on the affairs of Anthos, as well as delving into deeper missions.

Master of Alchemy:

The master of alchemy is in charge of brewing various concoctions, in order to aid House Blackmont's cause. He has the responsibility of brewing and distributing brews and potions to the soldiers during times of war.

House Engineer

In terms of warfare, the House Engineer is in charge of constructing and organising the positioning of siege weapons, while also creating traps made from redstone wiring.

Equipment and Pay

Upon joining this force, every man regardless of rank receives the following:

- A suit of armour, the best available to be given out.

- Weapons according to preference.

- Weekly food rations.

- Room for living, or assistance in acquiring a home.

Upon being promoted to the rank of Man At Arms, every man is entitled to the following:

- An unlimited supply of armor, or as many suits required or available.

- Unlimited acces to the Blackmont weapons armory.

- Food rations on demand.

- A red bandanna or armband.

Blackmont men are not payed on a fixed basis, but are often payed based on the results on a given task or mission.  In addition, all loot a man might be able to garner in raids and campaigns of war are his by right, and may not be taken from him.

Rules

- Do not raid or seriously wound another member of House Blackmont, on penalty of death.

- Do not raid or assault allies of House Blackmont or other noble Houses of Oren, unless explicitly stated, on penalty of death.

- Do not betray House Blackmont, on penalty of death.

- Do not insult or disrespect your superiors, on penalty of death.

- Do not hesitate in combat or when given an order, on penalty of death.

- Do not disobey or disrespect a member of the Blackmont family, on penalty of death.

Requirements

IC:

- A willingness to fight, and die, for the cause of House Blackmont and its Lord, whatever it may be.

- An absence or lack of morals that may interfere in any work done in the name of House Blackmont.

- The ability to subordinate oneself to superiors and follow orders given.

- No current allegiances.

OOC:

- Skype and Teamspeak are preferred.

- Must have or be willing to write a villain application with at least 1a, 2a, and 2c.

- Must conduct themselves in a mature manner OOCly.

Joining

A flyer emblazoned with the flayed man of Blackmont hangs upon the jobs board in the various cities of the Holy Oren Empire.

Those who wish to join the men of Blackmont and become true sons of the Dreadfort are required to send a letter - written by another if unable to read nor write - stating their intention to join while making it fully aware that said applicant understands the implications of joining. ((Send me a PM through the forums, after posting on the thread, role playing that you have sent the letter.)) The letter should contain the following format.

In Character

Name:
Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs):
Previous line of work:
What are your professions and talents?:
Why do you want to join House Blackmont?
Would you be willing to swear loyalty to House Blackmont and Lord Lucius Blackmont?

Out of Character

MC Name:
Do you have the following (Not Required):
Skype (Y/N)
TeamSpeak (Y/N)
Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your VA)

Hunwald smiles as he sees the flayed-man emblem upon one of the flyers. "Well, it seems the good Lord Tiberius is doing things. Good on him, continuing father's legacy."

ixye5KY.png

Three banners are dotted around the Empire. One banner lies outside of the Capital, fluttering in the wind. Another stays plunged deep into the earth, at the back gate of Salvus. The third banner stands tall outside the Carrion lands. On each shaft of the banner lies a poster, it reads below.

"I write this letter to regretfully inform you of recent events that have transpired within the Dreadfort upon the last morn. My father Lord Augustus Blackmont had fallen ill in his bed and has since died a peaceful death, alongside his loved ones. As his oldest heir and successor I, Tiberius Blackmont II hereby declare that I am to take upon the reigns of House Blackmont, and name myself Lord. I pray that when I have obtained the Emperor's blessing, I will follow from my father's legacy and bring forth a new era to our House.

In two months, I intend to hold a feast in my honour where we will celebrate and drink wine for the days ahead. Any and all who pledge their blades to House Blackmont's cause are welcome to attend."

((Attention all: There will be an event at the Dreadfort on Saturday at 6PM EST. Any Blackmonts or allies are welcome to attend.))

Crona smiles looking at the flyers and calls his hawk.

"Sounds like a great job to me," Crona says laughing. He begins writing his letter afterwards, giving it to his hawk and sending it off.

Returning from his excursion to Malinor, Gronkk approaches two shady looking men reading a Blackmont flyer. They do not take notice of the large Orc standing behind them, attempting to read the flyer as well. The one on the left, the short one with missing teeth, turns slowly as he notices the shadow of Gronkk. The tall, skinny man jumps in a frightened manner at the sight of the orc, causing Gronkk to take a step back, but the shorter man approaches the fat Orc.

"Well would ya lookie 'ere, Boyle. We go' ourselves an Uruk lookin' tah join House Blackmont."

Gronkk stares blankly at the short man, confused by the man's strange accent and Gronkk's ignorance to House Blackmont.

"Euurrr.... yub. Dat iz wub Gronkk amz try'n tuu du."

The little one laughs as he slaps his thigh.

"Har har you can't even read, can you? Bah, me friend 'ere will fill out this application fer ya, friend. Won't ya, Boris?"

"Uh.. of course, yes." said the tall one, still nervous from the large Orc's presence. Gronkk has not stopped staring at him since his arrival, but the tall one is oblivious to the fact Gronkk simply hasn't thought to change what he's been looking at. The tall one retrieves some parchment and a quill from his bag to write with, and the small one begins to interview the Orc for the application.

"Right then, what's yer name, big boy?"

Gronkk makes a fat, pudgy fist and slams it upon his right man boob.

"Gronkk."

The questions continued and the man sends off the application upon a bird along with the other men's applications.

-snip-

((YES GOOD))

ixye5KY.png

Three banners are dotted around the Empire. One banner lies outside of the Capital, fluttering in the wind. Another stays plunged deep into the earth, at the back gate of Salvus. The third banner stands tall outside the Carrion lands. On each shaft of the banner lies a poster, it reads below.

"I write this letter to regretfully inform you of recent events that have transpired within the Dreadfort upon the last morn. My father Lord Augustus Blackmont had fallen ill in his bed and has since died a peaceful death, alongside his loved ones. As his oldest heir and successor I, Tiberius Blackmont II hereby declare that I am to take upon the reigns of House Blackmont, and name myself Lord. I pray that when I have obtained the Emperor's blessing, I will follow from my father's legacy and bring forth a new era to our House.

In two months, I intend to hold a feast in my honour where we will celebrate and drink wine for the days ahead. Any and all who pledge their blades to House Blackmont's cause are welcome to attend."

Kaelys yawns, waking up early in the morning. As he is on his morning walk he spots a disgustingly misplaced banner next to Salvus. He Chuckles, doing what any good citizen would do and removes it.

"How did this filth get here?"

Kaelys yawns, waking up early in the morning. As he is on his morning walk he spots a disgustingly misplaced banner next to Salvus. He Chuckles, doing what any good citizen would do and removes it.

"How did this filth get here?"

Chet coughs, looking at the 7 Trebuchet's aimed at Salvus.

In Character

Name: Jason Mirkai
Race: Human
Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): An outcast, prime to drinking and gambling, he lost his house, his wife, and his life. This happened because of his Gambling habits he fell into depression and took it out on the people he loved the most. Now he is a shifty looking character, completely ruining his life, he has resorted to crime and theft to fulfill his gambling needs. He wants a new family to be apart of, people like himself.
Previous line of work: Gambling if you could call it a profession.
What are your professions and talents?:  Skilled with a blade put could get some more training.  Great escape artist.
Why do you want to join House Blackmont? To have a family to be a partner in crime with.
Would you be willing to swear loyalty to House Blackmont and Lord Tiberius Blackmont II? Yes.

Out of Character

MC Name: MuckyD121
Skype (Y/N) Y
TeamSpeak (Y/N) Y
Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your VA) I can make one..

ixye5KY.png

As you make your way inside the newly built Dreadfort, you see a large Blackmont banner and beneath it, a parchment nailed into the wood. It reads as follows.

"To the bannermen of House Blackmont and those who once called themselves loyal to my father,

I address this letter to you as my brothers and request that you lay your trust in what I have to tell you. Though I am young and undoubtedly inexperienced in the field of leadership, I share the same dutiful nature as you all. Though you have been forced to endure the tragic deaths of both my father and now my brother, I insist to inform you all that this is not the end. 

In the last week, we have relocated to new lands that lie upon the coast of the Empire's capital, Abreesi. From there, we will rebuild and forge a legacy that Augustus would be proud of. I first intend to have us step up on recruitment and further improve our position within the Empire. Beds and accommodation for any wishing to join our ranks are readily available, should they require it. Secondly, you are each required to contact me so that we may establish what role within House Blackmont is best suited to your specialities.

I further wish to inform you that funding is being put into the running of a tavern besides the city of Kingston, named 'The Flayed Man Tavern.' Should you find your day's duties complete, I would highly recommend that you all pay the establishment a visit.

I extend my best wishes to each of you and I pray that the future brings all that you desire. Forever we shall remain, loved by none, feared by all." 

The parchment bears a carefully written signature at the bottom.

"Lucius Blackmont, Lord of House Blackmont."

Upon noticing one of these banners that are around Oren, Mortis moves closer to it. He tilts his head as he starts to read it, a slight grin forming upon his lips from behind his mask. He moves his right hand up to the notice poster, running his dark skinned hand down it as rain starts to slowly fall from the skys. He looks up, the rain hitting off his metal mask making a slight 'pinging' noise. Moving his head to the side he slowly lowers it as rain starts to pour down the back of his hood and onto the ground. Nodding once he turns around slowly on his heels. He makes haste for his lair which is carved in the side of a mountain. 

Later that evening Mortis stands by his table, glaring towards the glass where the rain is hitting off. He swiftly turns his neck to stare at one of the cages in the room, the woman inside the cage stumbles back slight as Mortis starts to walk towards her. He kneels down on front of the cage. Moving his hand towards his mask he slowly pulls it off showing his physical deformities. She moves her hands to cover her eyes at the sight of them. Mortis places a gloved hand onto one of the bars of the cage, cocking his head to the side as he slowly opens his mouth to speak.

"Does a lady know how to write?"

He asks in an emotionless tone of voice. She nods slowly, still trying to back herself away from him. He gives a small smile as he unlocks the cage his lips once again parting slightly so he can speak.

"You will write a letter for me then, if this lady complies she may leave the presence of her god."

Not completely understanding what he means by this, she nods. Slowly moving to the table and taking up the quill, she begins to write what he says.

"Write as I say, because if you miss a word, you shall miss a finger. Now, understand me as I speak no clearer. 

To The Most....." 

He pauses for a moment, thinking of a word to describe Lucius.

"Stupendous Lord Lucius Blacmont,"

She nods swiftly, taking it down word for word.

"I, Libido Mortis, write to you this fine eve in order to stress my interest in serving you, Lord of House Blackmont. Thus I shall give you some information that one might need in order to make a decision about me and my ways. Sadly I have been cursed by both my mother and father, I have been cursed in the way of my race as I am a horrid dark elf. Due to this I keep my mask on.... most of the time. My age... well I have lost count. All I know is that I was born in late Aegis."

Mortis smiles slightly, thinking his progress was good. He runs his dark skinned hand along the cold stone before turning back to her and watching her take down his every single word.

"Currently I'm a hunter however not one of animals but one of people. My blades have seen much blood and my mouth has tasted double the amount my blades have."

He gives a mild chuckle as he turns once again glancing around the room.

"One might ask what I seek to gain, well I seek richs and blood. Much like every other man and woman."

He slowly walks over to the woman writing the letter for him, lowering his hand he runs it down the side of her face as he whispers in her ear. 

"I wish to be feared."

Mortis chuckles loudly before walking away from her towards another table in the room.

"Due to this, I wish to give you a gift, my lord. The blood of a blonde virgin, all to yourself."

The woman's eyes widen as she looks at her blonde hair however she keeps writing, keeping her head low. 

"I do hope one enjoys this gift as a virgin elf is not an easy thing to find."

He says in a cold, emotionless tone as he picks up a dagger from the table. Running alone his robes, making a small cut, he walks towards her. She is still writing with her head kept low. Mortis grabs a fist full of her hair and pulls it back, bringing his head up in the process. She screams loudly as he lowers the knife towards her neck. In one swift movement he brings it along her neck. The blood squirting mostly on the wall however some goes onto the paper. After a single moment, her body falls limp in the chair. He lets go of her hair allowing her head to fall back. Moving on front of her he places the dagger on the table, taking the quill up, he goes to sign his name.

- M O R T I S

He writes in messy block letters. After he finishs writing his name he rolls the paper up and ties it to his hawk. He whispers a single word to the Hawk.

"Dreadfort."

The hawk flies off, out the top of the mountain and towards the Dreadfort. Mortis merely sits there, smiling as he awaits a response.

Out of Character

MC Name:

MrGreene_HD

Skype (Y/N)

Y

TeamSpeak (Y/N)

Y

Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your VA) 

Accepted VA for 2a,2b,2c,3b,4a and 5 -

http://www.lordofthe...view=getnewpost - Will need to write a major mini VA soon however.

Aeto hands the courier 5 minas for writing the letter, and 10 for the the transport of it to the Dreadfort, and himself sets along the road towards county Abreesi.

In Character

Name: Oslo 'Hound' Thurgar
Race: Human
Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): Ah had to grow up fast after leaving my home. Ah traveled to Arethor where ah met an Elf by t'e name of  Tillian, he taught me all t'e tricks of t'e trade. Ah was drifting from job te' job, the odd labour work but mostly criminal activities such as Pick locking, assassinations, until ah settled down leadin' t'e Blood Eagles, ah felt respected among t'e men. Until ah wanted something new, something fresh. Ah said my finale goodbyes to t'e men, then ah went off looking for new work, taking an interest in House Blackmont. Ah 'ave worked with them in the past, ah know a few of ye' loyal men an' ah'd love t'e join them, fight by their sides.  

Ah'am a tall, big built man standing at 6'3.  My weapon of choice would be a Seax and/or a Arming Sword. Ah dun't let anyone question my loyalty or insult me without it resulting in a fight. Not much else t'e say ah'bout me, ye'd 'ave t'e decide ye'self. 

Previous line of work: Ex-Leader of Blood Eagles Mercenary company. 
What are your professions and talents?: Picklocking, spying, killing... Cooking!
Why do you want to join House Blackmont? Been working with the Blackmonts for quite some time, ah respect them they are good people.
Would you be willing to swear loyalty to House Blackmont and Lord Lucius Blackmont? Of course ah would.

Out of Character

MC Name: NordicGod
Skype (Y/N) Y
TeamSpeak (Y/N) Y
Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your VA) http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/86645-oslo-thurgar-va-attempt-2-44/#entry756299

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/87360-oslo-thurgars-minor-va-nordicgod/#entry763966

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/87900-oslo-hound-thurgars-mini-va/?hl=%2Boslo+%2Bthurgar

In Character

Name: Mills 'Slash' Larowin

Race: Human

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): Mills is a fighter, he is skilled with a longsword and a gladius and has skill with throwing daggers. He is not afraid to kill anyone, if he is told to he will just do it. He has a short temper that people should not really trigger. He is also trained in blacksmithing and can help in the forge if needed. He has met and worked with the blackmonts before and likes them all, and would be glad to work with them more. His best Oslo is his greatist allie and most trusted friend. Oslo helped Mills when Mills was having it hard, gave him shelter, food, and a job. Mills would help Oslos with anything no matter what it would be. Mills looks foward to working with the blackmonts and helping them in anyway he can.

Previous line of work: Ex-Officer of Blood Eagles Mercenary company.

What are your professions and talents?: Murder, Lockpicking, Chaos/distraction, and Blacksmithing.

Why do you want to join House Blackmont?: I have worked with the blackmonts before, and have talked to them OOCly and I like them all, great guys all of em.

Would you be willing to swear loyalty to House Blackmont and Lord Lucius Blackmont? Yes.

Out of Character

MC Name: Assassinofawsome

Skype (Y/N) Y

TeamSpeak (Y/N) Y

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/85698-mills-larowins-va-attempt-2-refrences-44/

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/88858-mills-larowin-mini-req-geo/