[Event Creature] Pleskana

The name has been changed to Pleskana for those who don't like the really long name I gave it!

Any part of nature.  If a Druid were somehow able to get within sight of one, they would be able to befriend it (as with almost all creatures).    It's a characteristic quality of the Druids.

I see so basically the Druid can befriend the creature, I don't really need to write that in as people can just role play it if it is part of druidic RP and lore, but if you want I can write it in.

Very nice Kais. Maybe make it so there is one Pleskana that is the dominant alpha male, three times as large as any other Pleskana, and much more ferocius. It lives in one specific area of the ocean where the species main home is, and attacks anything unlucky, or dumb enough, to enter its domain. It can sink ships and is capable of a higher level of thought, giving it immunity to a druid's powers.

I support.

loch%20ness.jpg

Yeah... Why not?

My inner paleo-fanboy is screaming "OMG PLESIOSAURS ACCEPT NOW!" while at the same time yelling "ITS A MARINE REPTILE!  NOT A DINOSAUR YOU IMBECILES!".

Anyway, now that I have recomposed myself... I would like to put in my input.  Overall I like this lore, I find the fact they give birth to live young a nice touch.  There is evidence that ancient sea reptiles gave birth to young.

The ability to envenom their prey is an interesting one for a large sea creature.  Venomous teeth however are hallow and weak, not something that I would think an active predator like pleskana should not have as its more vital to have solid, strong, grabbing teeth that can be used to hold on to its large slippery prey.  Seeing that their preferred prey are things like sharks, its useful to have teeth that will not snap off in during the struggle, even with venom to slow them down, as a broken tooth is a useless tooth (which is why sharks evolved many rows of teeth).  That is just my thoughts on this, no need to change it but this is what I think when i see venomous teeth.

I also find being an omnivore is unnecessary, why have poisonous teeth perfect for nabbing fish when you can live on seaweed?  I suggest making it purely a fish-eater as there is no reason for a large sea creature to specialize to be an omnivore and there are going to be no plants when you are in the middle of the ocean... or rather there are basically no plants at all aside from seaweed.  And kelp is not a plant, its a type of algae. 

That will be all, hopefully you find my input useful.  While there are certainly many creatures being proposed as of late... I nevertheless wish you the best of luck. 

My inner paleo-fanboy is screaming "OMG PLESIOSAURS ACCEPT NOW!" while at the same time yelling "ITS A MARINE REPTILE!  NOT A DINOSAUR YOU IMBECILES!".

Anyway, now that I have recomposed myself... I would like to put in my input.  Overall I like this lore, I find the fact they give birth to live young a nice touch.  There is evidence that ancient sea reptiles gave birth to young.

The ability to envenom their prey is an interesting one for a large sea creature.  Venomous teeth however are hallow and weak, not something that I would think an active predator like pleskana should not have as its more vital to have solid, strong, grabbing teeth that can be used to hold on to its large slippery prey.  Seeing that their preferred prey are things like sharks, its useful to have teeth that will not snap off in during the struggle, even with venom to slow them down, as a broken tooth is a useless tooth (which is why sharks evolved many rows of teeth).  That is just my thoughts on this, no need to change it but this is what I think when i see venomous teeth.

I also find being an omnivore is unnecessary, why have poisonous teeth perfect for nabbing fish when you can live on seaweed?  I suggest making it purely a fish-eater as there is no reason for a large sea creature to specialize to be an omnivore and there are going to be no plants when you are in the middle of the ocean... or rather there are basically no plants at all aside from seaweed.  And kelp is not a plant, its a type of algae. 

That will be all, hopefully you find my input useful.  While there are certainly many creatures being proposed as of late... I nevertheless wish you the best of luck. 

I've actually found this post very helpful, I think the idea of poisonous fangs was one I might have to change as I only added it to make it more special and unique, as for being an omnivore I'm not sure where I got that one from, in the next few days I may edit the lore accordingly when I have the time.

I think they shouldn't be limited to the coast of Yamamoto and Furnstock because they could be used as a purely defensive thing that would make Oren completely unattackable by water. (You could shoot them from the coasts or just launch rocks into the water to excite them when boats approach.)

I like the lore, it would add something to sea travel but I think they should be dispersed around the map and not focused on Oren's coast. Due to their Reptilian nature, perhaps more should be around Orcish lands?

I think they shouldn't be limited to the coast of Yamamoto and Furnstock because they could be used as a purely defensive thing that would make Oren completely unattackable by water. (You could shoot them from the coasts or just launch rocks into the water to excite them when boats approach.)

I like the lore, it would add something to sea travel but I think they should be dispersed around the map and not focused on Oren's coast. Due to their Reptilian nature, perhaps more should be around Orcish lands?

I've taken what you said into consideration, but I personally I don't think it will make sense in the badlands, due to the fact I'm sure most of the shorelne of the Badlands is mountain or desert it would be to warm for the Pleskana once it leaves the water, the skin requiring moister it would quickly dry out on any shoreline (If there is any  in the badlands) in my personal opinion. To my knowledge the sea in the Furnestock shorelines isn't terribly cold and is warm enough for this reptile.

The same could be said of the shores of Malinor and the shores south of Karakatua.

I was about to say that. I think Karakatua should have the most because of it is very tropical. Then Malinor because it's nearby and still pretty tropical. Then Furnstock should have a few but less than on the other side because it's already pretty chilly there.