Aileran'tanya - Wizards Of Life: Magic Draining

Supremacy

One presumes it would either be its own archetype (with the subtypes being magic drain types) or Dark Arts.

How can you ward something when they block your wards? To ward you need to use energy from the void... Which they in turn have blocked you from having.

How would they have gained that power over me if the ward blocked them to begin with? 

I see where Blundermore is coming from on that note... Maybe put something in the OP about wards, and what we can/cant do with them. Other than the issue with the wards I really like this lore and would be interesting to see it RPed!

IMO, if you'd like a racially specific magic for High Elves, just make it so, rather than giving it to a crazy necromancer.

The intent of your magic lore should Coincide with its delivery.

I really like the idea of magic draining and the mechanics you have outlined seem really solid! 

However just a minor personal idea with the lore and limitation to high elves. Honestly it seems like a magic focused on removing magic would jive better with a group that's less deeply involved with arcane magic and rational pursuits. However if you make these nomad high elves much different from the existing high elves which it seems like you're going for then it might all be solid.

I picture some radical zeolus mage hunters ala the Wihuns or Inquisition and cold calculating bounty hunter type folk coming from this which would be really neat! I aim to quiver in my mage boots! :P

IMO, if you'd like a racially specific magic for High Elves, just make it so, rather than giving it to a crazy necromancer.

The intent of your magic lore should Coincide with its delivery.

It doesn't say it's race specific. He added the necromancer as a way to introduce the magic to other races.

edit: And seeing as though 80% of high elves have some sort of void connection it would make learning this quite difficult.

I really like the idea of magic draining and the mechanics you have outlined seem really solid! 

However just a minor personal idea with the lore and limitation to high elves. Honestly it seems like a magic focused on removing magic would jive better with a group that's less deeply involved with arcane magic and rational pursuits. However if you make these nomad high elves much different from the existing high elves which it seems like you're going for then it might all be solid.

I picture some radical zeolus mage hunters ala the Wihuns or Inquisition and cold calculating bounty hunter type folk coming from this which would be really neat! I aim to quiver in my mage boots! :P

Oh it's definitely going to be different ;)

Heh, blunder: If you remember, I had nearly the same idea for a magic disabling type of magic (LOGIC).

However, I wanted to utilize spellswords/magicblades that absorb the mana of the other caster. I am no expert in magic but you'd have to be pretty damn good at magic so you don't seal off your own mana, hence I thought making magical weapons absorb mana/etc. more logical.

Oh well, just the thought that someone else had a similar idea makes me smile :)

+1

Heh, blunder: If you remember, I had nearly the same idea for a magic disabling type of magic (LOGIC).

However, I wanted to utilize spellswords/magicblades that absorb the mana of the other caster. I am no expert in magic but you'd have to be pretty damn good at magic so you don't seal off your own mana, hence I thought making magical weapons absorb mana/etc. more logical.

Oh well, just the thought that someone else had a similar idea makes me smile :)

+1

I know you did lym, and I said you would be better off speaking to a MAT or just going for it with a post... :/

I am confused of one thing... This is the same as the Shade arcane magic drain?.

Are these a selected group?. Since it does sound like it.

How much time does it take to cast to drain ones mana?.

This in my idea sounds something like shade magic although revamped to sound good?... With the arcane draining thing, and more better?...

Oh and last thing... Can mages that learn this learn other magic or is this bound?.