[Complete] [Magical Location] Void Nodes And The Hollows

Jistuma

Void Nodes

the_happening_2_by_gracelungartpalette-d

[by GraceLungArtPalette, deviantart]

Void Nodes are locations  in the realm of Anthos where there is a rip in space, and the energy of the void starts flowing into the realm. This energy can then mix with the animals around and posibilitate them to grow and mutate. The 5 races, able to cast magic themselves, are not affected by the energies of the nodes, and do not change. Master mages if in them, can feel the energy of the void entering the realm they stand on, but as they have to use the void itself to cast magic, they don't gain any better abilities for casting in those nodes, they still have to imagine what they create in the void, then bring it to the realm. They can not use the energy which flows from the void, as it is not the energy in the void. Doing magics in these locations can actually be more dangerous for the mage, as after imagining and creating something in the void, it can pass through the rip of space and be out of the mages control, probably damaging himself in the process. There are a few Nodes throughout Anthos, only one or two known to anyone. From when these were created, and how these rips were created, no one knows. The Nodes are quite rare and many times even unoted by many, as only master mages can feel the energy flowing. legends, myths, and ideas might exist on how they were formed in the magical comunity, but proper investigation has to be done.

Pros:
Nice lore and interesting things for mages to study.
Mutated creatures, probably big and fluffy.
Other weird occurances if nothing happens to empower a player.

Cons:
Magic in these nodes is very dangerous, and doesn't grant any raise in power.
Mutated beasts can be dangerous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nodes Implosions, and the Hollows.

11c342d795d2c30b7fe9d94457d3da5e-d5y7rb9

[by bluemallo, deviantart]

Nodes Implosions happens when the energies passing through the rip of a nodus raise to such a degree, that the nodes collapses on itself, and a mix of realm and the void is the result. The void, if is the land of thoughs and emotions, and with the mix of the void with the realm, the result is a mix of thoughts and emotions with form. It is ever changing, but never truly enlarges. The thoughts can take the shape of an object, shape of a sound, or any other of the 5 senses. Emotions are demonstrated in a way that those who feel them imagine them. Many for example imagine rage as a flame, and so a flame existing in a Nodes implosion might simbolize an emotion. Weird creatures, made up in someone's mind also travel through these places, and many times do diferent creatures mix because of two diferent thoughts mixing together. Everything and nothing exists in these locations, it is chaos. Nothing can be found, nothing can be searched, the thoughts are random, the thoughts are all. Those that enter it, if they do not know how to clear their minds, will start feeling, hearing, seeing, all the millions thoughts at the same time. To enter without preparing and to enter without being able to blank their mind, means that one will possibly go crazy. To those that can enter it and be powerful of mind enough to not be affected to clearly, will find inside... all, and nothing. Nothing in the nodus implosions makes sense, seaweed can grow sideways in fire that burns on silver. Going there to study anything more than one's own mind is futile, as one thing changes every day there. Everything that leaves that location, if it was created there, will fade to nothing as soon as it passes the limits of the nodus Implosion. No real living things exist there, only made up creatures, which have no life. Magic when performed inside a nodus implusion, suffers no change than normal. The Hollows are the only known location in Anthos of a Nodes Implusion, and it facinates quite a few.

Pros:
Beautiful chaos.
Weird creatures as crazy as one can ever imagine.
Weird objects as weird as one can imagine.
Magic inside the place suffers no change.
Good place for mind training.

Cons:
No object or creature can be made by someone inside the nodes implusion.
All objects or creatures that leave the limits of the nodes implusion disapear.
Any normal person, with no skill in magic or with not extreme traning in self control, can turn crazy.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Adicional information

The creation of the nodes I leave to be found out and made up through roleplay. I believe that lore should be made mostly thought roleplay, as this lore was given to me through roleplay as well. If they are natural, or if something made them exist, it's for the roleplayers to decide and investigate. Such a location can not be created by characters (well, maybe with permission from the LM and the MAT), so it's origin as a mystery can be far more interesting to roleplay.

Both lores are pretty simple and I believe offer no advantages to anyone, it's a rp maker only, to develop characters at most. The Hollows exist IG, but I have been told the lore is not confirmed. Not only has my character been affected by it, but I also love the location and love the lore I heard about it. If I have to void what happened to my character, so be it, but I would see it as a waste to have such a location and such lore as this thrown away.

Any sugestion of change, any lore that I might have misheard, any comment someone might want to do, go ahead. - Jistuma.

A few more things added which I forgot. The lore is not made by me, I only posted it. All of this I heard of IG, so it's not hidden. The real makers I do not know who they are, but I believe Silco would have the most of the information about them, probably if he didn't write the lore for them in the first place, helped make it is what I believe. Others that helped me gather information on this were Truthseeker and ttwesten.

I'm down, so long as the ladies in that picture can be in the Hollows too.

Just kidding. It's good lore either way.

[[ my brain hurts not because of this.

because i hav a hed ache

Oh, the wonderful events this could bring! Have a big plus one from me ^.^

+1

+1000^100

A Void Nodus could also be what lies below the Gemglade dungeon.  I haven't had a name for it.   So far  the RP fits in perfectly with a Void Nodus.  RIght now its just a generic unnamed "bad thing" that causes bad things to happen and crazy things to happen to the Event Actors in there.  We had people RP battle mutated zombies and endermen that were warped by the "bad thing".

Although I have never visited the hollows IC or OOCly, if this lore gets approved could we discuss implementing it in some of the dungeons I have created?  I feel having a universal set of anomalies across Anthos can drive up exploration RP and get more people out there.

I like, but then again I think it is Nodes... considering Nodus means a problem in dictionary definition.

Let's get this lore officicial-limicated!

[[Woot 700th post!]]

Another reason why we love Jistuma! Awesome lore! I'd quite like to see this implemented for all the fun it could bring in the future.

To all that have posted, I'm sorry.

I had to leave for dinner so didn't have time to say that the lore isn't really mine, I just made it pretty and placed it on the forums for all to see. I do not know who the creator of the lore is, I heard that the lore exists for a long time thought.

I believe Silco/Ambros knows of them, probably a lot more than I do, but I do not know if he was the creator.

Truthseeker was the one who took me there IC, and that showed me most of the lore, and I loved it, both the place and the lore.

I knew I had heard of this lore before this happened, so I contacted everyone I knew had rp'ed magic with me, and gathered information from ttwesten.

I combined everything I knew from every source and made a post, because I was told this wasn't accepted lore. I also made it a bit vague to allow for modifications, due to the fact that someone might know more than me.

Also, to Arzota... Sorry sorry! How could I have mistaken the name!

10/10 would upvote. I want to see this implemented, thanks for posting this :)

Something obscure, original and potentially something which can inspire fresh new magic roleplay. The idea of both the void nodes and the hollows is well thought out and well written. I must upvote this piece of lore.

Good job.

Reminds me of the 'doors' from Bioshock. Regardless of their similarities to that, a rip in space-time would require an immense ammount of energy. Might I ask where this energy's coming from?

Reminds me of the 'doors' from Bioshock. Regardless of their similarities to that, a rip in space-time would require an immense ammount of energy. Might I ask where this energy's coming from?

The void is made of energy and thoughts. Energy is the term you seek there :P

Mages connect to the void, because their mana is not enough to make things itself, they need more power, so they use their mana to connect to the void, and from the energy of the void they create things then bring them from there.

The void is full of energy, and that is the energy that comes from those rips.

On the other hand I did have the idea that the rips were formed by magical beings trying to access the void too much, or that seek the void for energy, and since everything from Aenguls to aspects connect to the void and seek energy from there, it might be possible lore, but I haven't wrote that yet, still thinking on what the origins could be.

[edit] I believe this would be something to be found out IG, not everything needs to be made in a document, the best things about lore is finding and inventing things yourself. If they fit, they stick, if they don't they turn to legends.

The void is made of energy and thoughts. Energy is the term you seek there :P

Well, you described these as 'rips in space', I believe. For one to happen, it would require an immense amount of energy to open, and remain open. Like an extremely vast amount. You're saying that's just naturally flooding in then?