[Event Creature] Monster Lore: The Mimic

Blundermore

Could they ever become tamable and used by worthy adventurers as shapeshifting tools and the like? That would be fun to see if used in very rare cases.

Monsters aren't tamable. Harpies, vodniks, sirens, mimics, etc... 

For the issue of taming a mimic... a mimic is something akin to a tiger crossed with a venus flytrap, i.e. it just waits for its prey, which is you. Luring one to guard something could be possible, but making it so that you can pass whilst others get eaten is probably not possible. As it is afterall, a monster. 

As for using it as a weapon, it /is/ only a mimic. It won't work the same way as the object it is mimicking. And picking up a mimic could result in it trying to take a nice good bite out of your hand and arm. 

I'm watching the yogscast Dungeon and Dragons session too.

Cool lore though.

Plus Uno

Yeah, I've really been enjoying that series, and I am aware that their most recent encounter was a mimic door, though, I wanted to take the mimic from DnD because it's one of those iconic beasts that you get in fantasy games, almost iconic as the Dragon within the dungeon itself.

And also because it gives me an excuse to write lore for a monster chest that eats people :P 

Always been a big fan of mimics. This would be a great addition to dungeon based events, especially those with a rare prize item at the end. I imagine a party of adventurers barely surviving the dungeon, losing half their numbers and finally stumbling across the treasure room only to get their lock-picker stuck to a mimic and having to figure out how to kill the thing in a low-lit grotto.

Move to Accepted Lore for the next stage. Please hold use till Implemented.