[Playable] Wraiths - Harbingers of the Fourth Age

Swgrclan

Gonna read this all when I get back from Uni today, however from the short parts that I have read, I like it.

EDIT:

Just finished reading it now and I must say that you really outdid yourself Swgrclan. This is some of the best lore I have ever read and it makes me want to learn necromancy on my character :P

Thanks a lot! I did my best on it; your opinion is valued greatly, Greene.

I read all of this and its pretty swell, I just have one question...

If say...someone pissed off a T5 Necromancer, could that Necromancer perform the Wraith ritual on another person as a way to torment them for eternity?

I read all of this and its pretty swell, I just have one question...

If say...someone pissed off a T5 Necromancer, could that Necromancer perform the Wraith ritual on another person as a way to torment them for eternity?

Theoretically, it is completely possible for a Tier 4 and + Necromancer to turn people into Wraiths, but not keep them as Wraiths. The reason I put emphasis on how it doesn't work right is because the Wraith would not be capable of sustaining itself. Wraiths are able to live because they turned themselves into what they were because Necromancy, and for the same reason of their turning they are able to fuel themselves. Someone would only last a couple in-game hours as a Wraith if they were turned without being a Necromancer.

And of course, any forced "temporary" Wraith-ifying would only be allowed by the victim's OOC consent. After the victim eventually died in it's Wraith form it's soul would disperse to the cloud temple as per usual.

Theoretically, it is completely possible for a Tier 4 and + Necromancer to turn people into Wraiths, but not keep them as Wraiths. The reason I put emphasis on how it doesn't work right is because the Wraith would not be capable of sustaining itself. Wraiths are able to live because they turned themselves into what they were because Necromancy, and for the same reason of their turning they are able to fuel themselves. Someone would only last a couple in-game hours as a Wraith if they were turned without being a Necromancer.

And of course, any forced "temporary" Wraith-ifying would only be allowed by the victim's OOC consent. After the victim eventually died in it's Wraith form it's soul would disperse to the cloud temple as per usual.

So...if someone had two Necro buddies they could become a demented dealer of death for a few hours? Welp, I got some friends to make. 

Jealousy fills my eyes, great lore. +1

Respect.jpg

As a necromancer! I say h-ow d-are you not do this sooner, this is a fantastic morsel of lore well written and a pleasure to read. Interesting and unique enough to be separated from the old lichey stuff and clanking armor of fear. +1

Hrm. I like the lore.... But it is written by Swgr... -100000

Jk, +1

Wow, just wow.. Great lore, no fantastic lore! I would love to see wraiths roaming lotc, well these kinds anyway!

+11111111111111111

This sounds oddly like the dark lieutenants... Will read more of it when I have time, point stands though~

Pardon my late response, I was at work and hadn't managed the time to respond last night.

The concept of the Black Scourge (or atleast the old version) and the Wraiths were similar because they were both based on a similar concept, being Ringwraiths / Nazgul / Wraiths in the LoTR saga. I assumed, instead of conflictions based on passive similarities, that there could be some interesting interactions revolving around Dark Lieutenants and Wraiths. Who wouldn't want to see a Wraith tussle with a Dark Lieutenant in the Luminaire square?

The origins of both Dark Lieutenants and Wraiths are (I would only assume) differentiated, because Setherian's magic does not focus moreso on Necromancy (or not at all) as he does with his own brand of corruptive magic. As far as anyone would know in-character, they would be the same thing but with different origins; hence why conflictions and violence would most-likely erupt amongst the Black Scourge and Wraiths.

Update 1.1:

There have been changes to the sections "Advantages and Disadvantages of Wraiths" and "Physiology of Wraiths" to affirm proper balance. Strength has been buffed and there have been clarifications on their necromantic abilities. They have been given a weakness that ties with their aversion to gold. Their weakness to sunlight has been debuffed to give Wraiths some kind of capability to fight while being opposed by either bright light or sunlight. Their aura is no-longer frigid, and like all high-tier Necromancers, Wraiths now have a slightly fatiguing aura. It acts as a minor side-effect and does not necessarily affect anything in combat.

Mixed opinion on this lore. Great introduction and way to put it and your effort is clearly shown.

Personally, though, I fail to see what the core idea achieves that other similar antagonists haven't.

But all in all, I can't see harm coming from it and I do not see why one should dislike something about some inevitable similarities considering originality is about using the same ingredients with your own recipe.

Or something along those lines.

+1 and great work

This is some really good stuff, but I wanted to ask.

Could a Wraith live in a small village, slightly isolated from the rest mostly out of having life-force accessible?