Magic Roleplay Q/a

Jistuma

Burning question of mine, although I feel I already know the answer, I want to be /sure/ as heck. Can you be a tier 5+ void mage in....I don't know....fire evocation....and be a good swordsman? I know there are no more tiers, but please bear with me.

Burning question of mine, although I feel I already know the answer, I want to be /sure/ as heck. Can you be a tier 5+ void mage in....I don't know....fire evocation....and be a good swordsman? I know there are no more tiers, but please bear with me.

Unless you're hitting the gym everyday I believe it would be extremely difficult to maintain a good standard of swordsmanship. It also depends how long you're actually connecting to the void, like how often.

I say tier 5, so it's a guy who can *poof* a wall of fire in one second, without struggle or sweat.

The standard rule is that battlemages are discoraged. So no, I'd say being a teir 5 anythingmancer means you won't be using a sword with much skill. This is generally due to the sheer limit of time magic takes to learn, as that is what your time is spent doing instead of sword training. The Void also has an inharent negitive effect, which makes mages generally weaker then one who hasn't used magic. This would usually become a large factor in the tier 3 range.

So although a tier 5 anythingmancy may be able to hold a sword, and most likely make a staby-staby motion, I doubt they'd be able to withstand a common brigand, or anyone with some sword training.

Ok...so, final clarification, would it be considered powergaming if a tier 5 anythingmancer is able to use a sword like a man with training in swordsmanship?

Ok...so, final clarification, would it be considered powergaming if a tier 5 anythingmancer is able to use a sword like a man with training in swordsmanship?

Not necessarily. You can use a sword but you're not a ninja.

Yes it would

Q: Can I be a powerful mage and a powerful warrior at the same time?

A: No, although you can still be a mage and warrior at the same time, so long as you aren't extremely proficient at both. This is because magic and physical combat are inversely related, meaning that as you become more powerful in one you become weaker in the other. - http://www.lordofthe...magic/?hl=magic

This doesn't mean however that you can't stab, or swing a sword, only that you won't be much good at it. A normal swordman, with little training would probably defeat a mage of master level if he didn't use any magic and fought without it. Unless orc.

I have been brought to ask a question, after playing the little game called "Skyrim" I do not think you mightn't heard of it but neverless.

After playing "Skyrim" I found that you could illusion a spell on a chicken to attack men. Now this got me logically thinking a bit.

-

In LoTC illusion based areas, you can potentially with illusion or mental magic mess with someone enough for them to attack another being(If successful) though what of animals? Is it possible to illusion lets say, a "chicken" to attack a "Man" in LoTC? I have never seen it done before, though I thought it be good to ask.

It is possible to illusion animals, but how you do it to make a chicken mad enough to attack someone should be pretty hard. I mean, what would you illusion the chicken to make it attack someone? How would you make a chicken attack someone without using illusion? It's just as difficult.

You could make other things thought, like making a dog smell meat in someone for example, or other stuff, depends on your imagination.

Well, I read through this and it begs the question; If there is an animal that a druid is 'coaxing' to do something, could a mental mage/illusionist make the animal do another thing entirely, that could perhaps be against the will of what the druid is asking? Thanks :)

Illusion can never make someone do something they don't want, it only makes them see the world as different. If the druid says attack, the animal will attack. Where he will attack is what can be changed, but illusioning the attacked position, or etc.

Same for all other things.

Though say, would an illusion be easier to cast on a animal than a normal person? As they  have lowered inelegance? 

Would be the same, but you have the chance of them not understanding the illusions are fake so easily, since they can't think logically the same way.

Would be the same, but you have the chance of them not understanding the illusions are fake so easily, since they can't think logically the same way.

With that being said, with a cute video of a dog I found:

Seeing reflection with some animals perceive them to think it is another version of them. To which they interact with. Could you influence these type of things with Animals?