Magic Roleplay Q/a

Jistuma

I wouldn't have thought our realms had poles because they are not circular, their ends are finite so it is highly likely that we are on a flat surface. But then, there exists an item for a compass, so it has probably already been roleplayed with very many times. This, like the earlier questions, actually becomes a general Lore question about the existence of magnetics.

I would have thought that there are no polar activities, but metals can still be charged to attract other metals.

IMO the simplest answer for Lore Team on that WHOLE branch of thought is that magnetic minerals cannot be evoked. There are not enough example in the real world for anyone to study it in detail. That'll save a whole tonne of poorly roleplayed magic.

Would it be possible somehow for a non arcane-puppeteer to control a arcane-puppet through other means...?

Would it be possible somehow for a non arcane-puppeteer to control a arcane-puppet through other means...?

It's still a puppet so... telekinesis?

But no, you can't do the exact same thing another way.

Is there any magic possible where one can move one soul from one living body to another...?

Is there any magic possible where one can move one soul from one living body to another...?

Not that I know of, thought it has been done before, it wasn't done with lore acceptance.

I think the Shades can still do it.

I think the Shades can still do it.

Are you saying Shades can move their own souls? Or that they can move other's?

To my knowledge, they can move their own souls, but I'm not sure about the others.

Shades can not move souls. They have before but again, without aproved lore.

If anyone can move a soul it is the Monks. But we don't fully understand the grasp of a soul upon its mortal vessel. So perhaps it is impossible altogether.

The Shade body swap had more to do with the Necromancer involved than Shade magic itself. It was a time before Magic Lore even existed and the ritual was spare of the moment and a mistake that has not been made since.

The Kal'Varrak (not sure on spelling) could switch minds with bodies. If two were to enter it and somehow not end up trapped by the maze of that mind's own construction, then it is possible for them to exit in opposite bodies than what they came in. But 90% of interactions with the Kal'Varrak are a one way trip. The result tends to be that a mind is stuck in the rock forever, and the body lays limp till it slowly decays.

Would it be considered powergaming magicly for such use of the Kal'varrak to be successful...?

And would one be able to prepare for the use of the Kal'varrak as to increase said chances of success...?

I wouldn't say ask Princeton because that "never happened" to him. But if Rasha did change bodies, he would certainly have had to have a spirit guide of some sort in the Kal'Varak or he would expect to have never made it out, let alone in a different vessel.

Hello everyone!

Just two quick questions for the lovely LM's to answer. 

-

"Can monk magic heal dread knights?"

This would work by them grasping the fragment of the dread knight soul and mend the armor they have or if the soul is damaged, this can be a reason why they re-spawn at the temple.

"Can monk magic be silenced?"

In the sense of, in the middle of healing someone, a man or women can use silencing magic to stop the monk from healing.

Eg: Fi'hiiran'acaele magic, though would they need extensive knowledge on how the magic works prior?

Hello everyone!

Just two quick questions for the lovely LM's to answer. 

-

"Can monk magic heal dread knights?"

This would work by them grasping the fragment of the dread knight soul and mend the armor they have or if the soul is damaged, this can be a reason why they re-spawn at the temple.

No, they can't heal dread knights. Dread Knights rebuild themselves in a way on time of 'Death'

"Can monk magic be silenced?"

In the sense of, in the middle of healing someone, a man or women can use silencing magic to stop the monk from healing.

Eg: Fi'hiiran'acaele magic, though would they need extensive knowledge on how the magic works prior?

Of course monk resuraction in the temple can't be stopped, and I would say in the temple the silencing would not work. Outside of it, it would work, there would be no reason as to why.

I've seen many things enchanted, and done many enchantments...but I have yet to learn whether enchantments with non-void magics as co-enchanters are possible. I have seen blades that glow with holy energy...but are those blessed by their aspect/god/aengul, or have they been co-enchanted with a void alterationist and a deity mage? That being said, is the same possible with a druid? Thanks :D