The Best Kind Of Villain

Crayfishchris

I think a villain is complete when they have common sense, a life away from crime, morals of some kind, and a reason for villainy.

Born a killer? No, you need to be bred and raised a killer throughout your entire life, the reason you are a villain is because you know no other life.

Close ones killed by street bandits, and now you've grown the urge to slaughter all you think are evil? I think not! If your character is angry at the street bandits, those are just about the people they'd kill. If you disagree with someone murdering, no plausible logic points to you becoming a murderer yourself.

And for goodness sake I agree so much about being a covert villain. Don't have 'red eyes', or include 'is a cannibal and kills people' in your character card info. People will metagame, but more importantly, you ruined and spoiled their surprise, and your role-play is no longer interesting, they just read exactly what you are and already calculated your forthcoming moves and role-play.

OP makes a great point, I hope people will follow his advice. :)

Red eyes...? Red eyes...

*Bursts into tears*

tumblr_mi3psptrAF1rm4qs9o1_400.gif

Some people have red eyes, like Titania. Is SHE a villai- wait...is she?

Then go tell his 'Master' Nuh-uh with sass and walk away.

I'll bork him.

tumblr_mi3psptrAF1rm4qs9o1_400.gif

That moment when your villainous character isn't a cannibal-sadistic-grinning-serial killing-uncanny-cackling-nonchalant and tilde using around death-psychopath.... But then, you become aware of your character's red eyes.... Fffffff-

Death doesn't make people fear you, it annoys them. Simply don't kill unless necessary. 

Death doesn't make people fear you, it annoys them. Simply don't kill unless necessary. 

Mhm. The reason behind killing them, and how you kill them has a bringer chance of bringing forth fear.

Some people have red eyes, like Titania. Is SHE a villai- wait...is she?

Oh gawd, we've uncovered her secret... tumblr_m4gftiNSsU1qhnr1lo1_500.gif

i'm a dread knight

do i wear a mustache to go

incognito

or wat

I think that OOC interaction with plans is a large part of what makes secret things actually secret. 

Locked TS channels and Skype channels destroy the concept of eavesdropping onto a certain organization or guild, and only through extreme infiltration and a certain degree of trust can any useful information be found.

While I'm not saying things have to be changed, I think that things in character should be exposed to more people through the server instead of 3rd party applications. 

Just my 2cents.

It's something that's always happened and always will happen. Bad villains exist.

Get over it. Bringing it up and complaining on what is a rather positive topic does nothing to help. If you don't like what entails from being a guard, the simple solution is not to be a guard.

No one gets to ignore a villain when he runs into town repeatedly doing villainous things. Villainous things effect everyone around them. If you've been killed or dealt with repeatedly you should have the decency and respect to stop causing problems for the guardforce by being immortal. Just because people don't do it doesn't mean they SHOULDN'T do it.

It's something that's always happened and always will happen. Bad villains exist.

Get over it. Bringing it up and complaining on what is a rather positive topic does nothing to help. If you don't like what entails from being a guard, the simple solution is not to be a guard.

I honestly think that the OP took a great view on the situation. He wasn't complaining, not really, he was offering a solution. To me, that is the best thing to do. In stead of just saying, "This is crap, fix it" he's offering an idea. I honestly think this should be moved to guides and become a guide to being a villain. I think it's great.