A "how To" For All Those Anti Or Bad Pvpers

JVQ

For the record, the majority of RP defaulters prefer RP over PvP fights not because they’re bad at PvPing or afraid to lose their items, but because they simply prefer roleplaying. Also, plenty of players have poor internet connection or use a laptop touchpad which severely reduce their ability to PvP. Just something to keep in mind while telling other players to ‘”just suck it up and get good”. While PvP is indeed the server default, it’s also important everybody enjoy the occasional fight, and RPing may be the only way for certain players to have fun in combat. Just my perspective on the matter, the guide part was very nice though~

That's an argument that gets thrown around a lot however I don't really have an hour to sit there typing out various emotes to attack and dodge. I'm a working man who gets about half an hour a day to chill on here and I'd rather not spend it circlejerking around in a single fight.

Though Niccum I like the guide. You lucienist scum don't know how to pvp though. Come at the sovetski bruh!

That's an argument that gets thrown around a lot however I don't really have an hour to sit there typing out various emotes to attack and dodge. I'm a working man who gets about half an hour a day to chill on here and I'd rather not spend it circlejerking around in a single fight.

Fair enough. There's a simple solution. Simply explain the solution.

I personally feel there should not be a default type of fighting. I formerly thought RP should be default, but I feel both parties should agree on what type of fighting they should use, and if neither can agree, then simply void the RP. Simple, easy, less drama (Though if I had to pick one, I'd choose RP default).

I also dislike PvP. No, I am not good at it, but that is not the reason. The reason is that it gives everyone a fair chance. Now that seems like a -really- odd thing to say for someone who is anti-PvPdefault to say, but hear me out with an example.

Jack the Dwarf walks down the highway, and sees a Dread Knight. He promptly takes out his axe and runs towards the Dread Knight, and initiates PvP. Jack wins, and the DK loses.

Now, had that been like 4 or 5 dwarves that can hit like a mother fucker, that'd be one thing and would make sense, smashing the Dread Knight into pieces so he could not effectively fight, or perhaps a cleric, who is able to actually hurt the DK better than actua weapons.

That, though, is not the case in this example. PvP default does not account for the individual person you are RP fighting. Realistically, the giant ass suit of 400lbs armor would roflstomp the Dwarf. But with PvP, that logic gets thrown out the window. Now anyone with a full suit or iron, a weapon, and some buddies can go running around challenging anyone and stealing their items.

Now, sure, the DK is a special situation, but it also accounts for plenty of other characters. Some characters have been training longer than other players, and would logically win the battle. But again, that logic is thrown out the window. Sure, you could argue perhaps the less experienced person got lucky, and that is very true, that is a possibility, albeit a rare one.However, the more experienced person would almost always win.

I do appologise for the essay on my thoughts on the current system, just thought I would explain myself thoroughly. I just feel people forcing you to PvP when you would rather not is wrong, same with forcing people to RP fight when they do not want to is wrong. Hence the whole "if you cannot agree on one mode of fighting, void the RP". Hopefully the system will change eventually.

Though, sadly, that is probably a ways off.

Seeing that the current system is PvP default, I will probably use these tips to improve my PvP. While I do hope there won't be a need for it at some point, it is good to have this guide until then. Cheers.

One tip from the Halfling: practice on PvP servers (this is especially good to do if the LotC server is down and you're bored! Or go outside...), I often practice on thedarkage.nl! Practice makes perfect.

One tip from the Halfling: practice on PvP servers (this is especially good to do if the LotC server is down and you're bored! Or go outside...), I often practice on thedarkage.nl! Practice makes perfect.

This pretty much

I really think that deep down a lot of people dislike PvP because they cant just automatically make themselves master warriors. If you wanna win a PvP fight then you have to practice often and practice hard to become good

Guest EpicAidana13

I like how a form of combat/RP needs to be dealt with instead of enjoyed. : )

This.

I still say you can RP in PvP.

PRAISE CRAYFISHCHRIS

and what Super said

cbcc97ccb0b506b59e97b459ae0a8779.png

Just saying..

I used to be a pro pvper but now I have a barely responsive wireless mouse after my wired one broke. Plus this server lags too much to strafe properly because it's hard to see where they are since they seem to teleport around.

BTW guys if you had any imagination you could think of a nice RP way the fight could've happened after you PVP. Plus it gets the adrenaline pumping.

What about the sprint knockback lock the Rose used to use? That's the one I use to much greater effect than my old "mobfighting PvP" technique, that doesn't work on players.

This is an RP server.

Then shouldn't you use no items whatsoever? LotC uses Minecraft as its mechanics system, and "PvP" is Minecraft's combat mechanics. In a way, calling it PvP is doing it a disservice, PvP is things like the thedarkage. The use of Minecraft's inbuilt combat mechanics as a supplement to interaction through the chat is as RP as the use of Minecraft's building or movement  mechanics as a supplement to the chat.
The only real setback is the lack of knockout plugin.

Fair enough, but in my opinion there is enough PVP on an RP server then their should be.. This is just going to spur people on *shrugs*

See above, also, lowering the skill gap should reduce PvP complaining rather than increase it.