The Lack Of Sophistication In Wood Elves

thenutcase84

I have been playing on LOTC for nearly a week now. There are not many problems within the lore and the RP, but I noticed one. My current and only character is a Wood Elf. I am enjoying playing him a lot. Today, I happened into the Wood Elf capital. What I saw surprised me. There were skulls hung on walls and a laughably tiny amount of flora. I got into RP with some of the elves that were there and they talked as if they were halflings. One was dressed almost identically to Bilbo Baggins, and I thought he was a halfling until I checked his persona. I chose to be a wood elf because they seem to be the most honorable and heroic. The elves I met talked in slurs and laughed when I told them what I thought of their actions. The answer that I received was that the sophisticated elves were the high elves. I will not restrain from saying that that statement is completely ludicrous. The acts of wood elves are not set to just,"They plant trees a lot". I do not know if this is a serious enough problem to be considered, but it angers me and I would wish for it to be addressed. 

If you were in the right place, I'd also like to note that the city is not done yet. When more of the actual buildings are constructed, there will be a lot more trees and plants around.

And I have no idea who lives there that talks like that. Do you remember their RP names?

As you will come to find out, not many races actually stick to the original lore that you read before applying. Don't let that get you down, though.

No, he was in the Wood Elf Town next to Tahn'siol. In fact, I second what he saw. I dont want to mention names lest this particular barnacle starts his typical rant on me. I entered to search for Solum and saw who he saw. The Wood Elf called me a ***** and said 'the tree is WIP, **** off" or something along those lines. I can prolly fish up screenies if need be.

Oh, I think I know who said those things, and he isn't a member of the town. Infact all he's really done is run around and act antagonizing to us ICly and OOCly.

Gaius, PM me the name please if you would.

I'm going to right ahead and say that it was SpaceOfAids, since it's no big mystery to anyone. He will have to be be reprimanded.

I'm going to right ahead and say that it was SpaceOfAids, since it's no big mystery to anyone. He will have to be be reprimanded.

Indeed.

Make fun not lore.

My character is vulgar.

I've roleplayed him since he was like 20 (aged him pretty fast), and he was from real players who played the parents. He never lived in any elven city.

He acts the way he acts because of what's happened with him.

If you have a problem with my guy, deal with it in rp. I occasionally get a bit ooc, but meh.

I take the word barnacle as a great insult, please refrain.

EDIT: Also, I do not think I've antagonized anyone OOC. I may of kinda been a bit of a **** when the guy came and complained over L-OOC about my character, but besides that I've pretty much stayed out of talking to most of the people from this town OOC.

If you have a problem with my guy, deal with it in rp.

Invitation to unleash the Wood Elf guards right there.

Invitation to unleash the Wood Elf guards right there.

If it brings RP, then why not?

I can understand the circumstances of your character. SpaceOFAids did not antagonize anyone OOC, I just thought he was not following the lore and unwritten rules of being an elf. He isn't the only one though, I felt the citizens of the town acted the same.