An End To The Conflict

Blundermore

I don't see an issue with the war. Oren has plenty of peaceful RP in our lands. I often RP with my comrades in the tavern and get a few drinks before returning to gate duty and play a few games of cards until we receive the call to rush into battle. I don't see what is stopping you from doing that. And if you want the war to end maybe a warclaim should be drawn up to finish the war and it shouldn't be denied for foolish reasons.

It blows my mind how 30 year old humans can so easily crush a force of potentially 300 year old dwarves and/or orcs with their pathetic skills. This Mechanical war is dumb for this reason. This means that sooner or later, assuming the server doesn't crumble,the humans WILL crush everyone.

Within Roleplaying, the Race of Humans is by far the most populous of the races, so when war occurs, RPly, a Human Army would be much larger than armies of the other races, however, due to their younger age, they would not be individually as skilled, thus why the Empire of Oren encourages formation training, if you take out the individual battles that occur RPly in a battle, and replace that with almost mechanical marching procedures, and massive scale formations, it turns out like Romans slaughtering Gauls in a sense.  

Not to mention, the stereotype of Orenians being nothing more than a group of trolls who log on to just destroy anything they put their eyes on is rather cancerous in and of itself.  As an Orenian myself, I spend a solid 90% of the time chopping down tree's on my lumber mill, shouting in Kaldonia in an annoying peasant fashion to sell the logs, and generally having a fun time around town.  Then several times a week we have Imperial training, where we do military RP, such as marching in lines, battle tactics, drilling, exercising.  Hell, one of the funniest moments is when the drill sergeant had us all drink 'Whey', so we get 'Bulked', then we went to the 'Gym', where we all lifted weights and cat called women who passed by.  War does not have to be a detriment to Roleplaying, all we have to do is make the rules clear.  

Watyll, I prefer a hard truth over a coddling lie.

You did insult me. I read that and my jaw dropped at how disrespectful that comment was. Tbh I don't know what you meant by that, because clearly I'm no where near that, or your, "intellect" as you put it to understand your use of what was a rather malicious comment.

To say afterwards "this is not flaming" is just an outright lie on your part. It was. Insulting = flaming, last I checked. Or at least comes close to it.

Even if the slaying of a couple of humans by legionaries was such a heinous crime, all out war and hatred over the actions of few is radically irrational. The human war hopes to accomplish...what, exactly? Genocide/xenocide of the dwarven race? To stomp out them ICly and OOCly? That's rather rediculous if you ask me, but alright. I'll bite. It's "all in character" and it's "all a video game".

As for orcs...maybe I'm having a lapse in memory but I dont' remember saying anything about orcs.

You didn't even touch on the elves, but I guess that makes sense since you're not an elf as far as I know. So maybe someone else will deal with that issue.

PVP is so, oh so very focused on, especially lately. Someone make a god damn warclaim and be done with it. Even then, I'm willing to bet that people will still find some way to start war...idk...with the halflings next, I guess. Or maybe the elves will take over Oren, or try to. Who really knows. LOTC! Where you can be anything kind of soldier you want to be from medieval times!

That's where we're heading, at least from my perspective. My opinion. Which is just that. An opinion. Maybe it's the right one? Of course I'm going to stamp my foot and say "Damn straight it's the right one!" until I feel I've been proved wrong. 

LOTC, to me, doesn't feel very much like the living and breathing world of role play and opportunity that it is supposedly meant to be anymore. It feels like a pvp server with a side of RP. Considering that the pvp is garbage (no plugins to make it any different from any other server) this might as well be only slightly more "Role playee" then one of the dozens of "Role play" servers that have no whitelist and are advertised as factions role play servers.

"KILL THE ORCS!" *DOES WAR CRY* is an example of the RP on those servers... and I've seen pretty much the same (not exact same wording or "target" mind you) here.

You did insult me. I read that and my jaw dropped at how disrespectful that comment was. Tbh I don't know what you meant by that, because clearly I'm no where near that, or your, "intellect" as you put it to understand your use of what was a rather malicious comment.

To say afterwards "this is not flaming" is just an outright lie on your part. It was. Insulting = flaming, last I checked. Or at least comes close to it.

Even if the slaying of a couple of humans by legionaries was such a heinous crime, all out war and hatred over the actions of few is radically irrational. The human war hopes to accomplish...what, exactly? Genocide/xenocide of the dwarven race? To stomp out them ICly and OOCly? That's rather rediculous if you ask me, but alright. I'll bite. It's "all in character" and it's "all a video game".

As for orcs...maybe I'm having a lapse in memory but I dont' remember saying anything about orcs.

You didn't even touch on the elves, but I guess that makes sense since you're not an elf as far as I know. So maybe someone else will deal with that issue.

PVP is so, oh so very focused on, especially lately. Someone make a god damn warclaim and be done with it. Even then, I'm willing to bet that people will still find some way to start war...idk...with the halflings next, I guess. Or maybe the elves will take over Oren, or try to. Who really knows. LOTC! Where you can be anything kind of soldier you want to be from medieval times!

That's where we're heading, at least from my perspective. My opinion. Which is just that. An opinion. Maybe it's the right one? Of course I'm going to stamp my foot and say "Damn straight it's the right one!" until I feel I've been proved wrong. 

LOTC, to me, doesn't feel very much like the living and breathing world of role play and opportunity that it is supposedly meant to be anymore. It feels like a pvp server with a side of RP. Considering that the pvp is garbage (no plugins to make it any different from any other server) this might as well be only slightly more "Role playee" then one of the dozens of "Role play" servers that have no whitelist and are advertised as factions role play servers.

"KILL THE ORCS!" *DOES WAR CRY* is an example of the RP on those servers... and I've seen pretty much the same (not exact same wording or "target" mind you) here.

Lift your jaw up, because you are exaggerating a response to the fact that you and countless others keep beating their chests and trying to talk smart on the forums which result in little to no changes. Want a reason why? PM me.

Snow Elves = We intended to leave alone except you may not realize that they are aiding the Dwarves [as far as I know, been gone for a few days helping my kinfolks in the boonies.]

As TgTemplar noted, the Empire keeps trying to progress a war-claim yet we are blocked at every impasse. We would have terms for the Dwarves, but they haven't come to seek them. The one time Josh3738 came, he had an entire hidden regimen of Dwarves then try to push themselves into Kaldonia with one Dwarf trying to dig an entire tunnel up into the palace. Might be time that we discard this "ugh Human RPers" when we have some of the more knowledgeable, intelligent members who have actually wanted a right proper war.

You two aren't doing this on my thread. Take it somewhere else.

Lift your jaw up, because you are exaggerating a response to the fact that you and countless others keep beating their chests and trying to talk smart on the forums which result in little to no changes. Want a reason why? PM me.

Snow Elves = We intended to leave alone except you may not realize that they are aiding the Dwarves [as far as I know, been gone for a few days helping my kinfolks in the boonies.]

As TgTemplar noted, the Empire keeps trying to progress a war-claim yet we are blocked at every impasse. We would have terms for the Dwarves, but they haven't come to seek them. The one time Josh3738 came, he had an entire hidden regimen of Dwarves then try to push themselves into Kaldonia with one Dwarf trying to dig an entire tunnel up into the palace. Might be time that we discard this "ugh Human RPers" when we have some of the more knowledgeable, intelligent members who have actually wanted a right proper war.

I'm not talking about the human thing with snow elves. that's to be expected at this point. it was other elves attacking their own kind, for what seemed to be literally no reason. and indiscriminately I might add. Doesn't matter, I guess.

You two aren't doing this on my thread. Take it somewhere else.

Your thread? This is a public discussion. If it was you asking certain people about opinions you have the fullest of abilities to take it to PMs.

Your thread? This is a public discussion. If it was you asking certain people about opinions you have the fullest of abilities to take it to PMs.

Arguing about things not relevant to the discussion should be taken to PMs, not the other way around.

Arguing about things not relevant to the discussion should be taken to PMs, not the other way around.

What we're arguing about isn't relevant? 

What we're arguing about isn't relevant?

The insult trading certainly was not.

Yes "My Thread", and I was implying that.

Who the **** are you to suggest what players should and shouldn't do in RP? If we want to fight, we'll fight. If we want to sit in a tavern, we'll sit in a tavern.

Your perceived notion of roleplay is no more valid than mine, stop pretending like it is.

War itself? Let rp flow. I believe that, extreme cases aside, rp should do as rp does. I dare say that the only way to truly end it is to let one side finish the other. If there are warclaims being blocked, don't let them be blocked. Keeping this war from having a real end is only making things fester and creating ooc tensions. If one side loses some of their land, well, so be it.

War should have some staff regulation - Group A shouldn't be able to wipe out Group B because somebody sneezed on a minor noble, but when it comes to a legitimate war, well, we've seen what staff intervention has done to this.

Who the **** are you to suggest what players should and shouldn't do in RP? If we want to fight, we'll fight. If we want to sit in a tavern, we'll sit in a tavern.

Your perceived notion of roleplay is no less more than mine, stop pretending like it is.

I am an individual who used to partake in RP on the server, one of many who would like to see a change from the status quo presented over the last two years. Who am I indeed, to merely ask that we freshen up the community by taking a path that doesn't lead to players literally pissing on each other oocly in ill-begotten immaturity. 

I'm not playing pretend here Aislin, all I have said is fact and RP.

Who am I indeed.

Someone with an opinion different to your own. Deal with it.