[12/24]Lore Q&a [New! Addition]

501warhead

Like Jistuma says, tattoos don't grant actual shamanic ability, they're just a cultural thing, as well as helping to offer praise to a Spirit(s).

Cannons are not allowed (thought TNT is). They aren't allowed due to the fantasy theme of the server, and the fact that they were allowed before and it didn't work.

Let me guess, someone had to make a barf cannon (full-auto dispenser spread), and it ruined everyone's fun. Anyways, I thought cannons can appeal to the fantasy aspect.

Let me guess, someone had to make a barf cannon (full-auto dispenser spread), and it ruined everyone's fun. Anyways, I thought cannons can appeal to the fantasy aspect.

No, just that everyone was getting cannons, and it made wars and sieges unfun and pretty stupid. And since the destruction caused by the cannons had to be done by GMs, then a lot of bias claims were thrown around.

The cannons went overboard in character. The admins axed them and nowadays siege weapons are used to the same effect. They're a bit more interesting too.

Would a magic using the manipulation/control of moon/sun light be possible? If so, could it use the Triumvirate as a source or are they restricted to being the source of monk magic?

Would a magic using the manipulation/control of moon/sun light be possible? If so, could it use the Triumvirate as a source or are they restricted to being the source of monk magic?

Bearing in mind the Kharajyr currently somewhat use the moon as a basis for their magic, I'd personally avoid touching that area to limit the amount of overlap between magic we do not want.

However, I suppose the sun would be a more suitable source of magic as very little has attempted to use that. However you'd have to be very specific on what you meant by 'manipulate'. For instance, changing the actual sun itself seems slightly out of reach however redirecting the 'power' of the sun for certain purposes fits slightly better with the server. Along with this; you'd seriously need to think about what you use to do this; the void? A god?

Anywho, best of luck! If you require anything more, feel free to ask again..!

References;

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/93560-muuntrivazja-magic-guide/

Bearing in mind the Kharajyr currently somewhat use the moon as a basis for their magic, I'd personally avoid touching that area to limit the amount of overlap between magic we do not want.

However, I suppose the sun would be a more suitable source of magic as very little has attempted to use that. However you'd have to be very specific on what you meant by 'manipulate'. For instance, changing the actual sun itself seems slightly out of reach however redirecting the 'power' of the sun for certain purposes fits slightly better with the server. Along with this; you'd seriously need to think about what you use to do this; the void? A god?

Anywho, best of luck! If you require anything more, feel free to ask again..!

References;

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/93560-muuntrivazja-magic-guide/

Thanks, I just wanted to confirm it was a plausible idea.

The night on this server is incredibly short, I was wondering being that I RP as I spectre and a troll both of which are incredibly weak in the sunlight. If not an increased night is there anything a ghost can do to be more able to walk around in the day.

Day/night ratio is always under tweaking by the Developers. We can ask for it to be evened out (which I definitely will) but it's not something the LMs handle. No, it has no weight on lore (yet).

I /need/ this answered because it's actually becoming a pet peeve of mine. 

An elf, human, orc and dwarf are born on the same day. Eighteen years down the track, they are all as smart and mature as eachother.

Just because an elf has immortality, does not mean that they are emotionally, physically or maturely younger. The whole misconception of 50 being when an elf is an adult is a culture thing, where due to the immortality you are not considered mature enough until the age of 50 but you are an adult prior. 

Is this statement true or false?

So, is it possible to roleplay a dragon worshiper? I have been wanting to do this for a while now and I'm wondering if there is any lore I could follow or if I have to make a proposal for some lore..

Are there even dragons IN Athera? And I don't mean the Daemon Dragons but just normal dragons..

So, is it possible to roleplay a dragon worshiper? I have been wanting to do this for a while now and I'm wondering if there is any lore I could follow or if I have to make a proposal for some lore..

Are there even dragons IN Athera? And I don't mean the Daemon Dragons but just normal dragons..

Thats in RP and cultural, so theres nothing against it I believe.

You do not need lore to roleplay dragon wotship if you don't expect something back. And there are dragons, they are mostly animals thought. Fly around and eat cattle kind of dragons, though I think they still shoot fire.