[Lore] Descended Druidism

Swgrclan

This is interesting. I am not sure on my position on this, as the explanation for why the Druidism still works is a bit...unclear. One moment, they have animals running in fear, next moment, they are kinda warmly accepted by trees? Idk XD. Also, would one need to be corrupted during their time as a druid, because this lore makes it seem like you can be corrupted before that. Additionally, what would be the general feeling of descended druids by other druids?

Please quote this when you reply, so I can get a notification.

Being unable to properly quote people on a phone, I will attempt to answer most questions and clarify things for the curious.

Zarsies - in my literary fervor, I forgot to properly clarify that endurance thing. It is not greater magical prowess that Descended Druids, or Draoi as some have corrected, are given, but a resistance to magical degeneration that comes with casting magic as per Druidic blessings. It's merely the result of opposing forces finding an equilibrium, which is essentially a bonus as it prevents the Draoi from turning into a twig-limbed firethrower. The tire that comes with casting is all the same, it's just that Draoi can handle more physical stress, like lifting a sword or jogging a mile.

Mittosaurus - Descended Druids can be disconnected just like any other Druid. I had even written this with the goal in mind to make such a process more fun and involved instead of baseless mage-Druids running about until they're caught with little outlash coming at them beyond Druidic conflict. If you betray the intent of the Aspects and nature itself, what I wrote seems to be the most suitable of things to take effect.

The fear aspect is a result of Draoi corruption of the Druidic communion with nature. Beasts are intimidated by Draoi depending on their true intent and point of corruption, and are more inclined to assist out of fear rather than friendship with the guardians of the cycle.

Hugo - as suggested in my work, the exact alignment of a Druid ties heavily into their descended state. If a Draoi is a ruthless necromancer king that seeks to burn all trees and dethrone the Aspects, the trees and beasts of the land will react negatively to their presence. But if a Draoi burns forests and commits genocide on an invasive or overpopulating race that threatens the balance of things and does so for the sake of nature, this "means to an end" would be apprehensively accepted by nature despite the Draoi's ghastly change in Druidic and magical power.

Katherine - the state of the Draoi seemed bland and without a proper identity and set of rules and reprocussions as per their Druidic abuse. I made this to solve that.

Menarra - you will find clarifications above. As for the pros and cons thing, I'll try to sum something up for easier reading.

Very good read, looking forward to removing the attunement of these heretics and then hanging them after a lengthy session of druid court where the prosecution consists of several blades of grass and a potted daisy.

Given that the following are correct, I feel compelled to support this.

-To become a attune druid it takes at least two weeks, some people spend multiple months before they're attuned

-Your ability as a descended druid coincides with your ability, so if you were only a druid for a week before you were descended you only have the power of a week attuned, which is absolute garbage.

-Would actually have to find some way to learn magic.

-They can be unattuned exactly like regular druids, which for that there only needs to be a guide or higher present and the descended druid detained to be unattuned. Which means that a lot of the time the D.Druid would be running away, since if you take into consideration the above point, most of the time they will be outmatched.

(Confirmation or elaboration on these would be appreciated Swgr ;) ) 

In a sense being a Descended is rather nerfed, since it would take a hell of a long time to become one and even then it could easily be ended if the player isn't careful. It could lead to very good roleplay.

If you didn't take the time to read Swgr's org-.. beautiful writing then you're doing it wrong. :3

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect lore posts to have abstracts at the start.

This Lore has been Denied.

Many of the LMs didn't like exactly how this "evil druid" was done, and also held reservations with the idea of them being more powerful.