[Event Creature] The Bryophites

I will start with the honest truth, this lore is not liked by the majority of the team and these conditions are primarily under the consideration its already an implemented concept. I thought you deserved the right to know that.

1 - Change the name, we don't want confusion in relation to the already existent ents. 

It's sad that I can't give my lore something that as simple as a nickname that simply references another race that is often mentioned -in character-, not just by my creation, in relation to the lore I'm writing. Though I understand the confusion, I can't actually, on a technological standpoint, change the title of the thread. However, consider the name changed. Keep it at Bryophites for now until something else can be arranged.

2 - Magic; it would seem upon the surface that such possibilities and necromancy and voidal based forms would be an impossibility for bryophites. You've two options here, either remove the possibility of them using other variations of magic or add greater clarification into why such is possible. 

Magic is already a possibilty for Bryophites and has been all this time. I'm not exactly sure why now, when it's always been a factor, it needs to be changed. I can't really be sure how you wish me to go further into detail on why such is possible, I don't even know why any creature technically has the ability to do magic, it's magic, they just do. I know why the ones who can't can't, that's always been explained. If you are serious and truly do wish that now for some reason all bryophites must lose the ability to use magic, I'm gonna need a really good in character reason, because there are several bryophites currently who already know or can practice the types of magic that you have mentioned.

3 - Druid communion is apart of the atonement acting as the centre of the magic as a whole. If they cannot commune with nature than they can not be a druid. Atop of this you cannot just hold a communion as a race, you must be a druid/specific event character to do such.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by communion, I don't mean to be unprofessional, I just don't know what it is you mean by your first sentence. From what I've known all races have the ability to learn druidism. "If they cannot commune with nature" ... They are nature, I'm not saying that they are born with druidism, I merely meant to state in the lore that if they were to try to learn it, it would naturally be slightly easier for them to understand because they already understand the deep inner workings of plant life subconsciously, because they're made of them.

4 - Sort of relating to point 2, necromancy should be out of the bryophites reach in many peoples opinion due to it acting as a contrast of their very being in a way. 

I don't mind removing this from the Bryophites abilities, as far as I'm aware I don't think there are any necromantic [?] bryophites, consider it changed, I'll just have to take the time to edit that in sometime today or tomorrow, I'm pretty busy lately.

If you dont understand some of the more druid related points then I recommend you talk with either Delmodan or Menarra. You've one week to bring these changes into the lore and if we cannot seen such being made after that time period this lore will be denied.

--- I'm sorry if I sound argumentative in any of my responses, I don't mean to be. I just wish for any changes to be dealt with smoothly, I want to make sure that the person who brought these changes to my attention is also fully aware of the situation at hand, as I don't know you personally and I can't be sure, I mean no disrespect, and I hope you would take it cooly. 

I will start with the honest truth, this lore is not liked by the majority of the team and these conditions are primarily under the consideration its already an implemented concept. I thought you deserved the right to know that.

1 - Change the name, we don't want confusion in relation to the already existent ents. 

It's sad that I can't give my lore something that as simple as a nickname that simply references another race that is often mentioned -in character-, not just by my creation, in relation to the lore I'm writing. Though I understand the confusion, I can't actually, on a technological standpoint, change the title of the thread. However, consider the name changed. Keep it at Bryophites for now until something else can be arranged.

2 - Magic; it would seem upon the surface that such possibilities and necromancy and voidal based forms would be an impossibility for bryophites. You've two options here, either remove the possibility of them using other variations of magic or add greater clarification into why such is possible. 

Magic is already a possibilty for Bryophites and has been all this time. I'm not exactly sure why now, when it's always been a factor, it needs to be changed. I can't really be sure how you wish me to go further into detail on why such is possible, I don't even know why any creature technically has the ability to do magic, it's magic, they just do. I know why the ones who can't can't, that's always been explained. If you are serious and truly do wish that now for some reason all bryophites must lose the ability to use magic, I'm gonna need a really good in character reason, because there are several bryophites currently who already know or can practice the types of magic that you have mentioned.

3 - Druid communion is apart of the atonement acting as the centre of the magic as a whole. If they cannot commune with nature than they can not be a druid. Atop of this you cannot just hold a communion as a race, you must be a druid/specific event character to do such.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by communion, I don't mean to be unprofessional, I just don't know what it is you mean by your first sentence. From what I've known all races have the ability to learn druidism. "If they cannot commune with nature" ... They are nature, I'm not saying that they are born with druidism, I merely meant to state in the lore that if they were to try to learn it, it would naturally be slightly easier for them to understand because they already understand the deep inner workings of plant life subconsciously, because they're made of them.

4 - Sort of relating to point 2, necromancy should be out of the bryophites reach in many peoples opinion due to it acting as a contrast of their very being in a way. 

I don't mind removing this from the Bryophites abilities, as far as I'm aware I don't think there are any necromantic [?] bryophites, consider it changed, I'll just have to take the time to edit that in sometime today or tomorrow, I'm pretty busy lately.

If you dont understand some of the more druid related points then I recommend you talk with either Delmodan or Menarra. You've one week to bring these changes into the lore and if we cannot seen such being made after that time period this lore will be denied.

Also- I'm not sure if everyone is aware but this is an extension to already existing lore, I understand terminology is an issue, but "Denied" is not the term to be used here, I'm sure you mean that the extension itself would be denied.  However that doesn't make sense either, since the lore already exists, the only thing you'd be denying is clarification, as at least 80% of what I've written is already a factor in roleplay for the bryophites, it just wasn't clarified.

So a major point of this is, any major changes you want me to make might effect most of the bryophites that are already characters, which is what makes it difficult to "deny" the post. I'd like it much better if I wasn't given a time limit, as I was told I would not have one.  I have a very busy schedule, that being, a night job, a fiance to tend to, and current personal issues that all keep me away from the computer for long periods of time.

You can change the title of the topic by hitting 'edit' on the bottom right of your main post, and then 'Use Full Editor.'

I think that the spreading out of RP argument is especially not valid here; these people don't live in a Biofoot commune or anything, they are, from what I've seen, part of communities and other things. They are just a diverse, interesting thing to see. I think.

Alright, so what we mean is that some changes to the main post need to be made. I'll try and help you out. First off, clicking the edit button then the "Use full Editor" you can change the name of the thread.

We would like you to remove the nickname so that IC names stay IC. If they are called Ent's Children OOC'ly they will be confused with actual Ent Children (which don't exist). I know you want to keep it IC, but IC players will find their own names (Plantman is normal for example). As such, we would appreciate if you removed the name "Ent's Children" from the main post, even if it's only suppose to be an IC thing. IC they will find a name for the creature and use it. I'll quote the places where it's used, since it's only used twice in the whole lore:

Ent’s Children” The Bryophites

More often than not, Bryophites are referred to as Ent’s Children

And that's it on the name stuff. Probably better to remove the whole two paragraphs of "What do we call them?" or change it to say they might go by many names.

We mention this because of this paragraph:

Clarification on Magic

In the original lore I stated,"During the Replacement, the Verridian Moss can’t replicate some parts of the brain as well as other sections of the body. While not stupid or even simple minded, Bryophites are not genius. This results in most Bryophite having a hard time becoming a scholar, enchanter or alchemist unless it was already learned before hand.” Just as clarification, Bryophites CAN learn magic, just not enchanting.

Alright, so you say they have a hard time becoming scholars, enchanters and alchemists, and you say they can learn magic, but not enchanting. I can see what the problem of understanding is, enchanting IS a magic, but then there is the profession Enchanting, which might or might not be rp'ed as magic. Either way, if they can't be scholars, they can't be arcane mages, because arcane mages (evocation, illusion, etc) requires a thorough understanding of the world. Necromancy, Soul puppetry, Contract magic, blood magic, runesmithing also require great understanding, so wouldn't be able to be learnt as well. In the end, you have to decide if you want them able to learn Holy magic, Shaman magic and Druid magic or not (and turn Frost Witch? That would be weird... probably wouldn't work.)

You just need to change the paragraph to say that better then, it seems you say that they can communicate with nature without being attuned (meaning without learning druid magic). Probably best to just remove the paragraph and state that any Deity magic can or can't be learnt as a Bryophite (This means Shaman, Druid and Cleric/Ascended/Xan/Monk).

If you're wandering why, it's because since they are plants now, they would have different... lifeforce... it's just weird.

We're just saying to change those parts so that we don't have to fix it if problems about that show up... has happened many times before.

Also, I believe that I stated the problems and solutions correctly, if not, Pandan will yell at me and tell you in more detail the changes that need done in the lore.

This lore is [under Review] for the changes made.

Expect an answer within the week or just afterward.

Alright, so what we mean is that some changes to the main post need to be made. I'll try and help you out. First off, clicking the edit button then the "Use full Editor" you can change the name of the thread.

We would like you to remove the nickname so that IC names stay IC. If they are called Ent's Children OOC'ly they will be confused with actual Ent Children (which don't exist). I know you want to keep it IC, but IC players will find their own names (Plantman is normal for example). As such, we would appreciate if you removed the name "Ent's Children" from the main post, even if it's only suppose to be an IC thing. IC they will find a name for the creature and use it. I'll quote the places where it's used, since it's only used twice in the whole lore:

And that's it on the name stuff. Probably better to remove the whole two paragraphs of "What do we call them?" or change it to say they might go by many names.

We mention this because of this paragraph:

Alright, so you say they have a hard time becoming scholars, enchanters and alchemists, and you say they can learn magic, but not enchanting. I can see what the problem of understanding is, enchanting IS a magic, but then there is the profession Enchanting, which might or might not be rp'ed as magic. Either way, if they can't be scholars, they can't be arcane mages, because arcane mages (evocation, illusion, etc) requires a thorough understanding of the world. Necromancy, Soul puppetry, Contract magic, blood magic, runesmithing also require great understanding, so wouldn't be able to be learnt as well. In the end, you have to decide if you want them able to learn Holy magic, Shaman magic and Druid magic or not (and turn Frost Witch? That would be weird... probably wouldn't work.)

You just need to change the paragraph to say that better then, it seems you say that they can communicate with nature without being attuned (meaning without learning druid magic). Probably best to just remove the paragraph and state that any Deity magic can or can't be learnt as a Bryophite (This means Shaman, Druid and Cleric/Ascended/Xan/Monk).

If you're wandering why, it's because since they are plants now, they would have different... lifeforce... it's just weird.

We're just saying to change those parts so that we don't have to fix it if problems about that show up... has happened many times before.

Also, I believe that I stated the problems and solutions correctly, if not, Pandan will yell at me and tell you in more detail the changes that need done in the lore.

Okay, oh my goodness thank you xD  This is the kind of reply I'm looking for : ) I'm sorry Pandan if I seemed combative, I just don't have a lot of time on my hands lately and need a little help, since I'm the only one working on this when it used to be me and Osmium. I'll see if I get the edits in correctly tonight, I'm about to do it now, if I don't get it exactly right just point it out and I'll fix it.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I fixed everything. Also, about this part-

@jistuma   :  I didn't mean for it to be taken that way, this particular part of the lore has been tearing me in half. For ages, the community has been sccreaming about the stupid Bryophites name because it's undiscovered and strictly OOC and stated in the lore that it is so, but people keep using it in character anyways. They fuss about it all the time to me so I was pushed to give it an in character name, that's why I did that. But I removed it, they'll just have to suck it up and come up with their own names. 

If anything else is wrong, just say so : ) And talk to me about it, I'll go through and fix it. 

Sorry about my late replies, like I've said before I don't have too much time on my hands ^_^"

The LT is happy changes required have been met. This amendment to lore has been [Accepted] !

thumbs_up_nph.gif