[Event Creature] The Bryophites

I'm going to apply it here because I think it's not right with golems either. It's not about characters having to be scientists. It's about the lore OOCLY being laid out, make sense, and be in line with the other lore of the server. The "Magicalness" that magic types had allowed for ridiculous things to be honest. I don't agree that "it's magic" is a proper explanation, at all. Also, Golems are usually their own independent intelligence. My problem is that there is no way the "moss" could replace a brain well enough to retain memories and personality. Legit you'd be better off having this be a race that starts off as plant people, not having it be normal people that turn to plants.

Science can work different in LoTC than it does IRL, it only adds to the fictional setting, no? 

As a player that has interacted with one of these creatures. I find no harm with them, they just look different and have more flaws than normal beings. I've only RP'd with the OP and she gives a great example of how they should play. The lore is already accepted so putting -1 and no stuff like that is really unneeded and really nothing. She took time out of her life to fix and smooth out a lot of holes and issues with the creatures. To be honest I think she should be the owner of the lore of the creatures. Stuff like these than just the normal races. I know some are going to disagree with me on that. 

Okay, good part is over with now for my concerns. I like the idea and have NOTHING wrong with the creatures, but with such unique creatures and playable and freedom with them comes responsibility with them. I would suggest when you accept people to play a creature, keep it small group and HEAVILY watched and make sure FOR A FACT they stand by the rule and tell them YOU have the power to remove them from the creature, because there can be someone that can ruin your hard work in a simple action. 

Besides that, everything is fine with this improvement. But please change it from Ent children. Because Im sure they can't give birth or something. Sybby~ 

I don't mind these things existing - so long as it's kind of a locked thing. I've seen Sybbyl's bryophite a few times and none of the instances were "in your face". If that makes sense. They were nice moments.

I've never seen another bryophite in role play though and I can already guess there's gonna be someone really in your face. When I think of bryophites though, I imagine them being really scary things to those who don't know them (and assuming how rare they probably are, not many would get the opportunity to meet one). They would have to hide in most cases. Live in the deep forests away from civilization or wear robes or something to hide themselves among a crowd. Because naturally (At least in human role play) we're going to think bryophites are strange monsters that good Godanistan/Creator/Allah wants us to burn else it's going to harm us. They might be nice as peaches; but this is what I see!

1N8mEo0.jpg

An exaggeration, but a fair point. Interaction with bryophites need to be realistic. We don't see open necromancers shaking hands with the Rex. Nor should we see bryophites in plain sight in taverns sippin' on some lean.

Well done with the writing though. Was interesting and might hopefully improve on these creatures so they're better suited for Athera.

Hrmm, two questions,

1) Are bryophites able to learn voidal magic? (Such as fire evocation or water evocation?)

2) If a bryphite dies, will its cadaver undergo any changes? (Such as the darkening of skin, wilting of plants, etc.)

honestly, why? just why? why does lotc need this, since I really don't see it's pvrpose...

3482730323_7edb896e31.jpg

Hrmm, two questions,

1) Are bryophites able to learn voidal magic? (Such as fire evocation or water evocation?)

2) If a bryphite dies, will its cadaver undergo any changes? (Such as the darkening of skin, wilting of plants, etc.)

From my talk with her, They can not learn Arcane magic. 

Is no one going to question why bryophites can do magic...but not enchanting? What does enchanting to to them that other void magics don't?

The Overall Idea sounds good, but I must ask; What does this new race do that the dryads and ents do not?

I'm all for more nature rp but not if it is redundant to preexisting lore and races.

As long as they aren't all about but still accessible I don't see why not still. It's certainly quite well written. 

PS:

Change it to construct/state of being rather than race, this shouldn't be a race tbh. 

A mistae on my part, I agree, it wouldn't actually be a race but a creature, I'll change it.

I'm going to apply it here because I think it's not right with golems either. It's not about characters having to be scientists. It's about the lore OOCLY being laid out, make sense, and be in line with the other lore of the server. The "Magicalness" that magic types had allowed for ridiculous things to be honest. I don't agree that "it's magic" is a proper explanation, at all. Also, Golems are usually their own independent intelligence. My problem is that there is no way the "moss" could replace a brain well enough to retain memories and personality. Legit you'd be better off having this be a race that starts off as plant people, not having it be normal people that turn to plants.

It's a fantasy setting, please remember that in a fantasy setting there doesn't have to be an explanation that fits into IRL theories, the most in depth I can go with this is that in a sense, Verridian moss is much like an Imp Parasite, its not actually a plant, it is in fact a living creature. It has the ability to take over a body and transform it by breaking it down into genes and microscopic pieces, feeding off the materials of the body itself while it uses it's own code to replace it with more plant-like materials, attempting to replicate the body into something it can control. As a plant-like-creature it has no power over an actual body and it needs to make it into something it's more familiar with to be able to make it into a proper host. If you think that is not a deep enough answer, I'll be more than happy to discuss it, if you would kindly point out actual questions about it that would help me write more on it instead of just saying it's not explained well enough. I'm sort of new to writing lore this deep, so I need a little help :)

As a player that has interacted with one of these creatures. I find no harm with them, they just look different and have more flaws than normal beings. I've only RP'd with the OP and she gives a great example of how they should play. The lore is already accepted so putting -1 and no stuff like that is really unneeded and really nothing. She took time out of her life to fix and smooth out a lot of holes and issues with the creatures. To be honest I think she should be the owner of the lore of the creatures. Stuff like these than just the normal races. I know some are going to disagree with me on that. 

Okay, good part is over with now for my concerns. I like the idea and have NOTHING wrong with the creatures, but with such unique creatures and playable and freedom with them comes responsibility with them. I would suggest when you accept people to play a creature, keep it small group and HEAVILY watched and make sure FOR A FACT they stand by the rule and tell them YOU have the power to remove them from the creature, because there can be someone that can ruin your hard work in a simple action. 

Besides that, everything is fine with this improvement. But please change it from Ent children. Because Im sure they can't give birth or something. Sybby~ 

Thank you for your kindness, <3  But yeah, the name Ents Children is temporary, Im just trying to appease the player base by giving them something they can call them IC. Its not supposed to make sense, its just something silly that "Some bloke" made a joke about in history that was a name that stuck. I know they cant have children xD  Someone actually did once, IC, refer to Vivianne as some sort of Ent spawn, that's where i got the idea from.

I don't mind these things existing - so long as it's kind of a locked thing. I've seen Sybbyl's bryophite a few times and none of the instances were "in your face". If that makes sense. They were nice moments.

I've never seen another bryophite in role play though and I can already guess there's gonna be someone really in your face. When I think of bryophites though, I imagine them being really scary things to those who don't know them (and assuming how rare they probably are, not many would get the opportunity to meet one). They would have to hide in most cases. Live in the deep forests away from civilization or wear robes or something to hide themselves among a crowd. Because naturally (At least in human role play) we're going to think bryophites are strange monsters that good Godanistan/Creator/Allah wants us to burn else it's going to harm us. They might be nice as peaches; but this is what I see!

1N8mEo0.jpg

An exaggeration, but a fair point. Interaction with bryophites need to be realistic. We don't see open necromancers shaking hands with the Rex. Nor should we see bryophites in plain sight in taverns sippin' on some lean.

Well done with the writing though. Was interesting and might hopefully improve on these creatures so they're better suited for Athera.

This is actually generally how I roleplay Vivianne, she's been searching for a home for a while now, and she does in fact have somewhat of a fear of large groups of people, she doesn't go into taversn alone anymore and generally is very, very uncomfortable in them when shes with a friend due to the fact that she often gets attacked or killed for being a monster.

Hrmm, two questions,

Actually, Bryophites can learn Voidal magic, however, if they use it too much it effects them more strongly than it does other creatures.

If the body remains unrevived, often what happens is the plants their bodies are made of will root, and it will be like an itty bitty garden in the place where they died. Of course unless something happens like a tropical bryophite dies in the tundra, then it will just decay like a pile of dead plants.

honestly, why? just why? why does lotc need this, since I really don't see it's pvrpose...

3482730323_7edb896e31.jpg

Please refer to Reply #1 from my first set of comment replies

From my talk with her, They can not learn Arcane magic. 

They caaan~

Is no one going to question why bryophites can do magic...but not enchanting? What does enchanting to to them that other void magics don't?

They can do enchanting, it's just a lot harder for them because of the fact that their minds are changed. It is harder for a bryophite to learn things like enchanting and logical studies, and even so voidal magic as well is difficult for them, simply because learning period is hard, the only thing they can learn easily is druid magic, because they have a connection to it.

The Overall Idea sounds good, but I must ask; What does this new race do that the dryads and ents do not?

I'm all for more nature rp but not if it is redundant to preexisting lore and races.

Its not a new race, for one, but they are actually completely different from Dryads and Ents. Bryophites can be looked at more as a disease, a person efffected by a nature-parasite that has taken over their bodies. It's not a good thing, it's actually bad. Dryads and Ents protect and love nature, but in some cases Bryophites can actually hate it, because it has caused them this change in their life that they can see as either a tragedy or a blessing, it depends completely on the character itself. Bryophites dont have any special powers or buffs, if anything, they have more negative effects. THey are like a victim, and they just have to learn how to live with it.

That's chill, ignoring feedback because you're 'disgusted' that people don't like your lore.

Anyhow, I think the lore has an image problem and a theme problem. If you don't care, have fun frustrating lots of people and getting "please no" responses. Otherwise, I ain't got nothing to say that's nice, so I'll shut my yapper.

Technically... wouldn't Byrophites be cured once they killed and sent back to the temple?

I understand what you said about before when they are killed, but it just seems eh.

If this is some sort of infection of one's body, then it should not completely sever the connection to the Cloud Temple. Since, when a person dies, they go back to a more fresher, more healthy version of themselves, since that is why we have the CT. The only way I see Byrophites being severed from the Triumvirate, is if they wanted this to happen to them and accepted this form of infection, since self inflicted wounds and other things would not be healed due to self harm and the Tri not liking that.

I will admit, I did not read this huge wall of text, simply because it was unappealing, so I would rather opt for a quick answer.

Well Karma, (on phone, may be bad with le typing) the Triumvirate restore the body to the point of what the Soul feels correct. The change depicted would be a fairly slow one, I presume, (haven't read it all) and thus with that elongation of time, the 'infection' would be seen as part of the body that the Soul is attached to. What you are speaking of, would only occur to recent changes by the 'infection' if killed, and of course if they die shortly after getting the 'infection' it would remove it entirely. My lil tidbit as I wait patiently for my internet to allow me back on minecraft.

Judging by this lore it seems it would make sense to say that the original person is dead, and are replaced by a copy that this plant created. They may have a similar personality or memories due to... however replicating a brain would work, but they're basically a clone and the original character is PK'd. Would that be accurate? It would help make sense of the monk question, at least.

That's chill, ignoring feedback because you're 'disgusted' that people don't like your lore.

Anyhow, I think the lore has an image problem and a theme problem. If you don't care, have fun frustrating lots of people and getting "please no" responses. Otherwise, I ain't got nothing to say that's nice, so I'll shut my yapper.

I'm ignoring your feedback because every time you have made a comment it has been rude, or aggressive. If you would pay attention to the thread, you would notice I have on several occasions politely responded to comments that were against the lore, as long as they were not aggressively so.

In other words, you ain't special. Quit whining, and be nice about it. Please and thank you~

Technically... wouldn't Byrophites be cured once they killed and sent back to the temple?

I understand what you said about before when they are killed, but it just seems eh.

If this is some sort of infection of one's body, then it should not completely sever the connection to the Cloud Temple. Since, when a person dies, they go back to a more fresher, more healthy version of themselves, since that is why we have the CT. The only way I see Byrophites being severed from the Triumvirate, is if they wanted this to happen to them and accepted this form of infection, since self inflicted wounds and other things would not be healed due to self harm and the Tri not liking that.

I will admit, I did not read this huge wall of text, simply because it was unappealing, so I would rather opt for a quick answer.

Basically, the reason bryophites are revived as a bryophite is because, as someone said in a quote below, the original body is actually the original person. The character is PK'd and replicated as a cloned body with copied memories and personality, that's why the copy isn't always exaclty right [as said in the lore] and will have trouble acting exactly like the original, as well as a lot of memory gets lost in the process.

Well Karma, (on phone, may be bad with le typing) the Triumvirate restore the body to the point of what the Soul feels correct. The change depicted would be a fairly slow one, I presume, (haven't read it all) and thus with that elongation of time, the 'infection' would be seen as part of the body that the Soul is attached to. What you are speaking of, would only occur to recent changes by the 'infection' if killed, and of course if they die shortly after getting the 'infection' it would remove it entirely. My lil tidbit as I wait patiently for my internet to allow me back on minecraft.

See above : D

Judging by this lore it seems it would make sense to say that the original person is dead, and are replaced by a copy that this plant created. They may have a similar personality or memories due to... however replicating a brain would work, but they're basically a clone and the original character is PK'd. Would that be accurate? It would help make sense of the monk question, at least.

See above : D

::I believe we have multiple variations and what not on pre-existing lore that allows for far too many special species as is. This seems like some weird hybrid between a Dryad and a Frost Witch with memory loss. While it may prove to be a interesting novelty group for a month or so I think eventually its just going to become another neglected and unused set of lore within 3 months of its approval.