[✗] [Magic] Disintegration

BathRugMan

Of course, but then you also need to take in the idea of Alteration as a whole.

ce858a6069bcff2698ef31c9698935b1.png

The way magic lore is right now when it comes to using most magics besides deity or dark magics is there are three main types of mana. One being passive mana, the next being active, and the final being aura a byproduct of the former mentioned. To say all objects have mana is something I've never heard. For the sake of argument let's say you are right, where does this mana/magic category fall into, if anywhere out of all the types of magic I just mentioned?

Not really positive. Looks like it will be powergamed and it's not much of an addition.

1 hour ago, Wendigo said:

The way magic lore is right now when it comes to using most magics besides deity or dark magics is there are three main types of mana. One being passive mana, the next being active, and the final being aura a byproduct of the former mentioned. To say all objects have mana is something I've never heard. For the sake of argument let's say you are right, where does this mana/magic category fall into, if anywhere out of all the types of magic I just mentioned?

Objects fall into passive mana. Going back to my combustion analogy, it is  much like how wood contains potential energy, it needs a catalyst in order to harness this energy, hence heat breaking the bonds of carbon to create energy. As such, the object is represented by the fuel of combustion, while your mana, active mana seeks to break these bonds to unleash such energy. 

You might argue how this theory may contradict with other alteration subtypes, but I believe that it would fit quite splendidly. Alteration can be justified ex: Voidal Translocation being the breaking down of such passive mana and reconstructed with your own, transmutation being the influence of the actual structure etc.

Edited by BathRugMan
Clarifications.

Unless stated otherwise passive mana can only be found/created by living entities/things that have a soul. 

I think you are over complicating it with the magic bit, literally remove that and you have the same exact results w/o breaking current lore. 

6 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Unless stated otherwise passive mana can only be found/created by living entities/things that have a soul. 

I think you are over complicating it with the magic bit, literally remove that and you have the same exact results w/o breaking current lore. 

Didn't the creator pull everything out of the void, hence there is passive mana in everything?

Voidal energy doesn't equal mana.

Look, literally take the mana bit out and the lore will be fine. I'm not saying it will be accepted because of it..it will just help.

4 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Voidal energy doesn't equal mana.

Oh sorry, I didn't read through Kalamoot's description of the different types of mana under the Arcane Shifting post.

I guess in this case, an object would be filled with active mana. Reading over his explanation however, I don't think objects fit neatly into any of those categories, but the active category seems the most fitting.

Everything has a magical value (mana). This is how Voidal Translocation works. 

Go to the Translocation section here. So if it's piggybacking off of translocation there is no need for further discussion regarding whether or not objects have mana.

Ignoring the whole mana shin dig, I find the magic to be somewhat overpowered. You can't see it coming in any way shape or form, and the other bit being near instantaneous implosion of objects so you're near defenseless against this pretty much. Situations like that won't create rp, it will end it. 

1 hour ago, Wendigo said:

58 minutes ago, BrandNewKitten said:

Basically what Bnk and Hydra said, all things are basically made up of mana, he is not wrong in saying that in the lore translocation lore has touched upon it similiarly. Though, I greatly like the concept Bathrughomie, I think we talked about this in character a few times. Though I think it'd make more sense to combine this into either void translocation or possibly transfiguration since it seems like it uses aspects of Transmutation, voidal translocation, and even air evocation to some degree. I wouldn't mind it being a single magic though personally but I think it'd fit more as a cool addition for one of those two magics, though because I use both magics i'm just gonna abstain from saying anything further, wanna remain unbiased. But nice concept hope it gets accepted.

42 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Ignoring the whole mana shin dig, I find the magic to be somewhat overpowered. You can't see it coming in any way shape or form, and the other bit being near instantaneous implosion of objects so you're near defenseless against this pretty much. Situations like that won't create rp, it will end it. 

Well since it's WIP lore, open to suggestions, I guess I can add a visual signifier somewhere, T1-3 are not able to cast this magic unless touching the target, a more than enough signifier. However, I do agree that the projectile part of the lore does need more of an indicator. I also forgot to clarify that the object will take time to implode, and does have indication, referring to the combat example of the whole glowing breastplate ordeal.

43 minutes ago, BathRugMan said:

Well since it's WIP lore, open to suggestions, I guess I can add a visual signifier somewhere, T1-3 are not able to cast this magic unless touching the target, a more than enough signifier. However, I do agree that the projectile part of the lore does need more of an indicator. I also forgot to clarify that the object will take time to implode, and does have indication, referring to the combat example of the whole glowing breastplate ordeal.

I am purely flattered you took my idea by the way 

Oh **** sorry, I don't read much lore other than the occasional bit. Sorry