[✗] [Magic] Disintegration

BathRugMan

Just now, BathRugMan said:

Oh **** sorry, I don't read much lore other than the occasional bit. Sorry

Yeah I wouldn't mind if this lore did not come up in the middle of me re writing it. Whoever gave you the idea stole it, mate. No hard feelings since you seem like a pretty chill guy. I'd ask you accept my request and we'll talk it out.

I'm not so sure if it should be apart of translocation just because it's usage is similar. Voidal shifting also works in basically the same way Translocation works yet it a seperate subtype to make it centered around doing its thing. I think that gets lost with this if you add it in. 

Its should be named "Voidal ______" to clarify that this functions similarity to the other voidals. 

I see the way this magic works as a bit troublesome in that it lacks a diffenitive theme. It would be hard to say how objects actually work with this magic at the moment. That isn't to say the idea is rubbish. I rather like the pure destructive nature of it.

Perhaps an alternative may be explored? You are describing explosions, yes?

What about implosions? 

Theme it around Novas and have it eat away at things by drawing their mana into the void (very similar to Translo except there is no need to identify the object or any way to control what it eaten. The nova is just a hyper-portal. This is just an idea so don't feel pressured to looking into it and granted it does flip-flop your original idea. Maybe it will shed new light on thematic problems I see currently. 

Basically find the answer to "What's new about it?" Or "What does it have to offer?"

I'll first say.

bgVBnzO.jpg

You are not allowed to post W.I.P lore move it to the role play section until complete or this compensates as a reviewed piece as it currently stands.

-=-

Also my feelings towards the lore is it all seems a bit quick casted. While having arcanism properties also with making mana bolts which I am against on.

The way you also explain it doesn't vary the points on "How many blocks does it effect" in a area when using this magic on a wall.

While also what happens if multiple mages with this art, does it make it easier on the magic or doesn't change a thing?

I am iffy on the lore as it's nicely done IC theory but I just wouldn't see it done through lore due to it's powergamy lore. As what it can potentially be used for.

3 hours ago, ttwesten / Evark Evocress said:

I'll first say.

bgVBnzO.jpg

You are not allowed to post W.I.P lore move it to the role play section until complete or this compensates as a reviewed piece as it currently stands.

-=-

Also my feelings towards the lore is it all seems a bit quick casted. While having arcanism properties also with making mana bolts which I am against on.

The way you also explain it doesn't vary the points on "How many blocks does it effect" in a area when using this magic on a wall.

While also what happens if multiple mages with this art, does it make it easier on the magic or doesn't change a thing?

I am iffy on the lore as it's nicely done IC theory but I just wouldn't see it done through lore due to it's powergamy lore. As what it can potentially be used for.

I've taken suggestions and am amending the lore. A list of improvements include:

-Increasing preparation time (storing mana)

-Getting rid of the projectiles

-Adding visible indicators of casting

As to your questions, a wall attached seamlessly together would explode wholly, however, it is impossible for a quick cast even at T5 and would need several dozen minutes.

Multiple mages with this art would be able to quicken the progress, due to increased reception of mana.

At the reading of this post, the lore has transitioned from WIP state to finished state.

Just be aware that any lore posted here WIP or not will be reviewed reguardless on the next loremag. 

So don't complain if it is denied || accepted if you're still working on the lore

Lore under review.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

The magic has been made far too powerful, but the biggest problem is the fact that it can be highly abused by the players using the magic. The idea of disintegration may bring the worse of ideas on how the magic can be played.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.