Chains of Ice, Worn Once More (Harbinger Extension)

Malaise

Roleplay is Roleplay and they exist in Roleplay so let them Roleplay. If they can find ways to create events as player made antags then everyone else should be happy since player made antags are exactly what the playerbase has asked for. It's difficult to know which will work so this just opens another opportunity. Instead of creating another dark group out of no where this one now has years of prior history on the server.

46 minutes ago, Redxophos said:

By "no free will" do you mean to say they are like golems now? Unable to do much without the specific instructions of their impera, in this case being the drake?

No, like Setherien's free will. It's not free will, but it's not direct control. Kind of like a slave.

3 hours ago, Free The Hobbits said:

I'm not trying to be mean or insult your writing, but consider abstaining from 'big' words and write naturally. A good writing piece doesn't need to sound like you took every word from a thesaurus. 

Just because you say "xd no offense my dude b-but!!" doesn't mean that what you're saying isn't an insult. Matt has a brilliant, ridiculously vibrant vocabulary and if you have a problem understand "big" words, consider not commenting and feel free to use Google to allow comprehension. This is indeed, as Lev said, how Matt talks naturally and as someone who experienced the same sort of comments about my writing, it's actually extremely irritating that you had to add that tiny little comment for some +1's from halfwit forum-serpents. Try not to do that to people, yeah? That's all.

15 minutes ago, Chaotikal said:

No, like Setherien's free will. It's not free will, but it's not direct control. Kind of like a slave.

What? That's not a weakness. That's a filler to make the "cons" look good. Role play is role play but don't give a bunch of have-beens power without proper weakness. Until I see real cons, - 1.

3 hours ago, Redxophos said:

What? That's not a weakness. That's a filler to make the "cons" look good. Role play is role play but don't give a bunch of have-beens power without proper weakness. Until I see real cons, - 1.

I seriously don't understand what you are getting at, it seems you were literally trying any reason to -1 on the thread in my opinion. Right now harbingers kinda just sit around, just sitting like "Hey". this is us trying to boost them up again and have an actual purpose to be on the server in the first place, though our minds aren't free anymore, we can't really control our harbingers like we used if we put ourselves under a new drakaar, to me that is a con, to you I am not sure. 

This is nice. In my opinion, Harbingers ended up in a weird state after Setherien. I'd see one from time to time like 'Oh.. You guys are still here?'.

Let them be refreshed once more before they finally fizzle out.

33 minutes ago, Redxophos said:

considering you didn't really pay attention to what I wrote and can't bother to interpret, feel free to -1 tbh.

Appreciate all the comments. I'll look at potential cons that aren't typical when I have the time.

1 hour ago, OnϟlaughtƩd said:

I seriously don't understand what you are getting at, it seems you were literally trying any reason to -1 on the thread in my opinion. Right now harbingers kinda just sit around, just sitting like "Hey". this is us trying to boost them up again and have an actual purpose to be on the server in the first place, though our minds aren't free anymore, we can't really control our harbingers like we used if we put ourselves under a new drakaar, to me that is a con, to you I am not sure. 

Let me get you to see through my eyes: first of all, dying antagonists that should have died a long time ago are regaining their God-tier powers. What's the catch? Basically they harbor emotional woes because of their emo Drakaar overlord and then they are "enslaved." So what? A slave can do anything they want so long as it doesn't contradict a command given by their master. I'm not -1ing this just for the sake of -1ing, it's because this doesn't have any legitimate weaknesses. 

1 hour ago, Chaotikal said:

considering you didn't really pay attention to what I wrote and can't bother to interpret, feel free to -1 tbh.

You gave little information, most of it being vague and confusing. Not much to interpret. Give me something cogent, so that I may work with it. Other wise cut that passive aggressive crap.

Has my support. Paladins and Ascended turned a new leaf, it'd be simply shameful to reject the same opportunity too the Harbingers at this point. +1

ok

Holy magic still super effective towards them right?

10 hours ago, Matt_dew said:

Cons:

-Being influenced by a dark being, the Harbingers take enhanced damage from holy forces.

Yup.

Some questions.

Are they still weak to gold?

Would they be weak to Fi', which would cut the connection with their 'deity'?

You say they won't be able to rely on Bloodshards anymore. What about Thanhium armor?

Can you be a bit more specific on what 'free themselves from their husk state' entails?

Why is merely being influenced by a dark being the reason they're damaged by holy magics? Shouldn't it be because they're, y'know, undead?

When you say it's entirely voluntary, do you mean IRPly or OOCly? i.e. can a Harbinger be forced to come under a new master completely ICly, or does it require OOC consent?

Are new Harbingers able to be created by Azdromoth?

Can they still be 'cleansed' by Xan magic in this state?