[✗] Muun'trivazja Addition - Guardians

BonesOfTheEarth

Whats this? Making a circlejerk locked guild magic become public? +1

I see absolutely no point in letting the Guardians change their form. Not only does the lore not explain how exactly they do it, it doesn't make sense from Metztli's lore-view, either; why would she want someone to have to pose as a non-Kha to get others to worship what is BASICALLY the Kha God?

Also, seeing as the chronoshaping drawback is one of the ONLY drawbacks of this magic, it's a bit drastic to say Guardians are almost exempt from it. I think a similar drawback to being immortal and having necromancy should be done: even though the magic user is kept physically well, the use of the magic has exactly the same effect. For example, a guardian would still age from large amounts of chronoshaping, but they don't die from old age because of this.

If those changes are made, I can understand the rest.

17 minutes ago, Mephistophelian said:

I see absolutely no point in letting the Guardians change their form. Not only does the lore not explain how exactly they do it, it doesn't make sense from Metztli's lore-view, either; why would she want someone to have to pose as a non-Kha to get others to worship what is BASICALLY the Kha God?

Also, seeing as the chronoshaping drawback is one of the ONLY drawbacks of this magic, it's a bit drastic to say Guardians are almost exempt from it. I think a similar drawback to being immortal and having necromancy should be done: even though the magic user is kept physically well, the use of the magic has exactly the same effect. For example, a guardian would still age from large amounts of chronoshaping, but they don't die from old age because of this.

If those changes are made, I can understand the rest.

For your first statement.. Metztli is the Daemon of Time, yes. She created the Kha. But I dont see a reason only kha should be following her. She created them, but she also created them from mainly elves and dwarves. Before questioning why she should be spread through races, question why she should be confined.

For the drawback, well.. I'll speak with Flamboyant on that. You make a really good point though.

1 hour ago, Mephistophelian said:

-snip-

To add onto what Fury said, if you look at the original lore, Metztli is a Daemon who loves to be worshiped and wanted her children to notice her and begin following her, hence all of the signs and whatnot that she sent them. Considering how the lore re-write enabled anyone to worship Metztli and learn Muun', it makes perfect sense for her to want to expand on that.

That, coupled with the fact that Metztli would have noticed that Kha essentially get lynched in a plethora of locations just for being Kha, is the reasoning why they can change their form as a way to spread the word of Metztli. As for how it works, I will have a clarification added into the lore piece to explain the process.

In regards to the aging part of chronoshaping, yes, a Guardian is exempt from aging due to being immortal, but they are still unable to do large areas/large amounts of Chronoshaping just like a master priest as they would expend too much energy. That being said, as they are faceless spectral entities when performing any sort of Muun' magic, causing them to age but not die has no actual effect.

I will think up of a new con to tack onto the chronoshaping bit though, as I do see your point.

20 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

To add onto what Fury said, if you look at the original lore, Metztli is a Daemon who loves to be worshiped and wanted her children to notice her and begin following her, hence all of the signs and whatnot that she sent them. Considering how the lore re-write enabled anyone to worship Metztli and learn Muun', it makes perfect sense for her to want to expand on that.

That, coupled with the fact that Metztli would have noticed that Kha essentially get lynched in a plethora of locations just for being Kha, is the reasoning why they can change their form as a way to spread the word of Metztli. As for how it works, I will have a clarification added into the lore piece to explain the process.

In regards to the aging part of chronoshaping, yes, a Guardian is exempt from aging due to being immortal, but they are still unable to do large areas/large amounts of Chronoshaping just like a master priest as they would expend too much energy. That being said, as they are faceless spectral entities when performing any sort of Muun' magic, causing them to age but not die has no actual effect.

I will think up of a new con to tack onto the chronoshaping bit though, as I do see your point.

Causing them to age but not die has an actual effect, since they will still be aged in their descendant form. As for 'how' they change shape; I'm very interested to see how they do this, especially since souls are a tough thing to alter. Metztli took FOR EVER to perfect the Kha soul and form. To insinuate that she can make a guardian's soul change so much that they become something else that can live and breath, never mind one of the already existing races, is laughable.

I didn't say anything about others worshipping Metztli, though. No clue why you brought that up, since I was asking why the guardians should be able to change shape and not just remain the same. I just don't understand why Metztli would want her followers to follow her when they actively lynch Kha. A bit silly, in my eyes.

Just now, Mephistophelian said:

Causing them to age but not die has an actual effect, since they will still be aged in their descendant form. As for 'how' they change shape; I'm very interested to see how they do this. I didn't say anything about others worshipping Metztli, though. No clue why you brought that up.

It's past 2 am and I totally misread the first part of what you said in your earlier. I'll have the "how" done sometime tomorrow though, since I think it's time to sleep.

Just now, The Pink Lion said:

It's past 2 am and I totally misread the first part of what you said in your earlier. I'll have the "how" done sometime tomorrow though, since I think it's time to sleep.

It's ok :) I edited my post after you quoted it, so please read it again for a little more clarification!

As an apekha priest I'm rather heisitant as to the unattuning as honestly Metztli being a living deity means that serving her will changes, and i don't wanna lose my magic that i have worked for over the fact that 1 person found me unfit to serve the Goddess instead of correcting it, which is dominatly what kha are suppose to strive for, we correct the lost back to the soft light of the Moon. as to the form changing just wanna insert really fast that i was given the impression that it was their "purified form" in which they are infused with Muun' not a whole new race. but hey just my two cents. other wise I love it. #dwedkha lives matter

10 minutes ago, Gizzol said:

As an apekha priest I'm rather heisitant as to the unattuning as honestly Metztli being a living deity means that serving her will changes, and i don't wanna lose my magic that i have worked for over the fact that 1 person found me unfit to serve the Goddess instead of correcting it, which is dominatly what kha are suppose to strive for, we correct the lost back to the soft light of the Moon. as to the form changing just wanna insert really fast that i was given the impression that it was their "purified form" in which they are infused with Muun' not a whole new race. but hey just my two cents. other wise I love it. #dwedkha lives matter

Unattuning somebody who shouldn't be unattuned and served metztli means the unattuner gets pk'ed I believe, don't worry you're safe for now, provided you don't do the obvious things that makes you not follow Metztli

1 hour ago, Gizzol said:

You're perfectly safe. I already discussed this with you Haunter!

This lore has been denied.

The LT doesn't really see the necessity or purpose for these creatures for Muun'trivazja. The exposition of Kha culture and Muun could as easily be achieved by Kha and Muun users. 

Furthermore, there are already quite a few spectral / Itharel-like creatures (in fact the Guardians seem very similar to Augurs) and so as not to saturate roleplay with those types of things we don't feel there should be any more, unless they're exceptional.

The disconnection part isn't so much an issue, so please make a separate lore submission for that.