null

itdontmatta

Fimlin approves

1 hour ago, Gucko said:

definitely should be an event creature only, a player should never play **** like this its way too much responsibility

47 minutes ago, Dreek said:

a player shouldn't ever get to play one of these tbh, and i really think they should stay exclusively in events. its a cool creature and everything, but if it becomes commonplace it loses the feel/atmosphere that its presence produces

Restricted to any staff member only.

7 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

Some of the points you made go against each other (they have the same mind as a golem, but can become more intelligent than a mortal?) and you haven't answered some parts (how strong is a behemoth? If you have a strong behemoth, can it be clever? If you have a clever behemoth, can it be strong?). Additionally, the answer about weapons is moot because people can make giant weapons for them, so I was curious if they couldn't use these weapons anyway or if they can, why they can wield them.

My apologies, it was 1 AM when I answered those questions.  I'll go over it in a few hours, and fix it up.

7 hours ago, Hiebe said:

Seems a bit too much. I don't personally see the use of a behemoth besides events?

I wouldn't allow players to make them, it just seems like another way to one up the people next to you who know normal golemancy. 

The creature is already technically an event resource, but i'm trying to make it so players can have their own.  Bare in mind this also introduces a new core type, golem rune, and function for multicored golems.  This is just the beginning of a new type, i'm sure others will write lore for more.

Hiebe, just imagine living inside of a behemoth.  Sure it might be cramped, but would be cool as hell.  Also, we could turn our statues into defenders, which again would be cool.

53 minutes ago, Dreek said:

a player shouldn't ever get to play one of these tbh, and i really think they should stay exclusively in events. its a cool creature and everything, but if it becomes commonplace it loses the feel/atmosphere that its presence produces

As I said, the behemoth will be HEAVILY moderated.  It takes two IRL week to make, and if too many are being made, we can control it by using the disadvantages section.  Behemoths can and probably will randomly explode. 

Also, this is a staff-restricted race.  Only a staff member can play it, but it can be made by players.  I can assure tho there won't be more than 2, they will be incredibly rare.

7 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

Some of the points you made go against each other (they have the same mind as a golem, but can become more intelligent than a mortal?) and you haven't answered some parts (how strong is a behemoth? If you have a strong behemoth, can it be clever? If you have a clever behemoth, can it be strong?). Additionally, the answer about weapons is moot because people can make giant weapons for them, so I was curious if they couldn't use these weapons anyway or if they can, why they can wield them.

Questions fixed & answered, hopefully I fully answered all of them for you.  Sorry I'm really tired still, feel free to ask more if you need!

The lore seems really solid and makes sense. I think it deserves implementation. +1

6 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

Final question... Sorry...

How clever is a clever behemoth?

Answered, if the LMs don't necessarily like it I can change it.  It can be as smart as the golemputer, or perhaps even smarter. (it has 49 cores for pete's sake)

This is gonna be awesome this lore has a lot of potential 

+1

I'm a little conflicted about this. So it's basically a gargantuan, more-intelligent golem, players could make them, and only staff could play them?

I don't know, I think they should be able to be made by players perhaps, but I think they should remain only an event-based resource. It seems rather OP for players to be able to command something like this around on a daily basis so long as their pocket staff member is online.

Next to that, this is implying that you require runesmithing to create it? So it's being restricted from the alteration-based golemancers?

Dragon vs. arch-horror vs. runic behemoth would be f*cking dope though. I want to see that, even if the behemoth might be outclassed in size a little. Lol

By staff members do you mean just ETs, GMs and LMs? Because I don't really see why low tier staff like ATs and FMs etc are being held above the average player.

3 hours ago, Gladuos said:

I'm a little conflicted about this. So it's basically a gargantuan, more-intelligent golem, players could make them, and only staff could play them?

I don't know, I think they should be able to be made by players perhaps, but I think they should remain only an event-based resource. It seems rather OP for players to be able to command something like this around on a daily basis so long as their pocket staff member is online.

Next to that, this is implying that you require runesmithing to create it? So it's being restricted from the alteration-based golemancers?

Dragon vs. arch-horror vs. runic behemoth would be f*cking dope though. I want to see that, even if the behemoth might be outclassed in size a little. Lol

Typing this from my phone, sorry for any grammatical errors.

Experimenting with something like this would be cool, and fun RP to take part in.  You don't need to be a runesmith or golemancer to partake in making one.  Your character can aid in building it, and other people can help with those said magics.  You need a total of 5 people to make it (takes 2 irl weeks).  One runesmith, two golemancers, two people good with stone (mage or mason)

Obviously players can not be trusted with playing one, and I or Sky (haha you're mine now) will most likely be playing them.  Staff are held to a higher level, so that's why it's locked to staff.

As I said, I'll be heavily moderating this with the help of dizzy (Haha ur my slave now, powerful!!!)

It can't work without runesmithing, it wouldn't have enough energy.  

They can be intelligent, or dumb.  That's really it, I didn't mean to make it super complex (hopefully an LM sees this).

They have disadvantages that will occur most of the time, again i will moderate this.

There are also redlines for this, such as "no destroying cities. Period."

Hopefully this cleared it up for you!

2 hours ago, Shalashask said:

By staff members do you mean just ETs, GMs and LMs? Because I don't really see why low tier staff like ATs and FMs etc are being held above the average player.

They have some sort of responsibility, but yeah I agree with you I'll change that.  They wouldn't be able to disguise as one anyway.

On September 18, 2016 at 1:09 AM, GrimReaper98 said:

Do these ones not get pasted onto SS pillars too?

what did you even mean by this

I like it but I don't think it's suitable for player use. I do think it should be an event creature though

as long as it remains an event resource, i don't have an issue +1

and @GrimReaper98 had a good point as well, as long as they dont get pasted on SS pillars!! Grr!! 

Just now, Dreek said:

as long as it remains an event resource, i don't have an issue +1

and @GrimReaper98 had a good point as well, as long as they dont get pasted on SS pillars!! Grr!! 

oh ok

+1

one question however: How the hell would a 100 foot colossus get moved from Athera to Vailor on boats alone, and deactivated? I'm incredibly perplexed by the weight that this thing would have, and how it would actually be feasible to move, literally, a mountain on a collection of boats, unless the boats were manned by 10,000+ men and literally the size of the Isle of Malin in Axios.

TL;DR

Jackie Chan - How would one actually move a 100 feet tall golem on boats...